Heritage Owners Club

H150 with MINI-buckers: New Wolfe/Grahm design - anyone see these?

Heritage525

I'm with you, John.  Too much red, not a gradual enough fade for me.  My '73 Paul's a cherryburst, and the red has faded a good bit all the way around the top.  Love the way it looks now.  But they're like having kids; you wouldn't want them all to be the same.

Never a fan of mini-hums, but I'd like to give those a chance because Lollar works magic!  That's a great looking goldtop!  Much nicer than the cherryburst, I think.  The gold is dead on my old '52.  By the way, speaking of my old '52, which I got rid of twelve years ago, I'd always wished I could get that one back!  Went to my buddy's guitar shop last Saturday; been a while.  What's hanging on the wall, on consignment?  I nearly choked; it was my old one, alright.  Played it for a while...still a great guitar.  Yeah, the trapeze tailpiece is a little inconvenient, but light, killer tone, more killer vibe....  I held off as long as I could....  "So, John...what's the tariff on the '52 goldtop???"  John replies, "For you, Slate, the 'good buddy' deal...fifteen...."  When I sold it, I sold it for fifteen...hundred.  I knew it wasn't fetching what it did twelve years ago.  That's right, now, 15K!  My second thought, after realizing there was no way, was, man how much damage could I do at Parsons Street for fifteen grand?  Now that was exciting!!      :blob1:

My second thought, after realizing there was no way, was, man how much damage could I do at Parsons Street for fifteen grand?  Now that was exciting!!

That is an exiting thought. 

My second thought, after realizing there was no way, was, man how much damage could I do at Parsons Street for fifteen grand?  Now that was exciting!!      :blob1:

That is how I built my Heritage collection. Sold a very nice clean '65 335 (trapeze tailpiece- if it was stoptail I would have never sold her) and figured 5 Heritages is better than 1 old one.

I have never regreted the decision because Heritage guitars sound vintage and play more modern!

Archived