Heritage Owners Club

Show Your Heritage Family Portrait Here

RhoadsScholar

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
awesome guitarbean! That is a nice collection of archtops. So what is your take on floater vs stein pickups? And did you avoid guitars with two stein pickups?

I'm all inclusive :)

That said, I gravitate toward the floaters more often, but I've been experimenting with different flat wound strings and it's opened up my ears to different sounds.

Generically speaking, what you here is true given my experience with these archtops. Floaters sound the most acoustic, 1 set in pickup less so, and 2 pickups the least. But there are so many variables, that one can dial in a great sound after getting to know the instrument.

I will eventually downsize though, but it will be tough to choose.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my Heritage family,

they are all absolutely outstanding in their own special way. Finally they are all united :-)

For some reason I always felt that a golden eagle is best in antique natural, a 555 must be red and a 157 must be black ... they are a family of my dream guitars. The all sound incredibly sweet and play like butter. It is such a treat to be able to play such wonderful instruments.

IMG_2565_zps0931bfa7.jpg

:-) ... sweet guitar in your Avatar!

wanted to add - they all have similar neck profiles. I like substantial necks with a round profile but no baseball bats - these are just perfect and play soo nicely.

Was it coincidental that we placed our black H157's and red 535/555's in the same relative positions for our family photos?

I really debated showing this old picture from years ago because alot of these guitars are gone now, moved on to new homes... But here is an old Family shot, the only one I have!

0ld19shot_zps7c324116.jpg

I agree completly about the no dots allowed.

I really debated showing this old picture from years ago because alot of these guitars are gone now, moved on to new homes... But here is an old Family shot, the only one I have!

0ld19shot_zps7c324116.jpg

Are you kidding me?! Holy crap! You had your own Heritage dealership! hahaha

Was it coincidental that we placed our black H157's and red 535/555's in the same relative positions for our family photos?

:-) I noted that too. Well, the sequence black-red-gold would coincide with the german flag ... But I am not suspicious of elevated levels of patriotism - it just looked good this way to me (it is also in sequence of body size). Your family shot also looks gorgeous!

Wow, this is massively impressive! Have you been a dealer or "just" a pationate collector? How many and which ones are still with you?

Archived