Heritage Owners Club

Garnet L'il Rock

bolero

this is a pretty wild 20w combo from around 1967 or so. I think it's aptly named ;)

when you crank it up, it gets such a thick, saturated sound, you'd swear there is a fuzz pedal plugged into it

anyway I fired it up & played my handful of generic licks to see how it recorded....had an sm57 in front ( right channel ) and CAD E100 mic further away to get some room sound ( left channel )

it's got 2x6V6 power tubes, and I think a 6SL7 phase inverter tube. controls are just volume, treble, bass

it also has a sealed 1x12 speaker, which is kind of rare for a combo. so it gets a little 4x12 cab/thump flavour. IMO

https://soundcloud.com/roofleaks/lilrock-blackh150-lollars

guitar is the trans black H150 with Lollar Imperials. I was flipping around on the pickups

here is a chassis pic: there is a tube recifier there too

lr_chassis.jpg

thx guys, I am still trying to fogure out how to record so it's all a part of experimenting

that's a good question Slider, I'll go check. I think it's either a red fang or a celestion gold

Nice! Very "Marshallesque". The tones remind me of Humble Pie "Performance, Rockin the Fillmore". I'm sure at a much lower volume level!

What speaker is in that cab?

X2

well, it sounds pretty damn primitive compared to the awesome stuff you have been posting!! :D

thx though

All I think about is, does it work for me or it doesn't, that amp sounds like it works for you!

Archived