Heritage Owners Club

HRW Pickups

thorn

The HRW pickups have labels on the back. My Kahuna has them, but the special switch tip was lost. I asked Ren, and he thankfully had an extra he gave me.

Do you have a picture of said tip?

it's a normal switch tip with a black dot.

If you look closely at the pic of my H150 w/HRW you see what I mean:

P1030997_zps7056ea46.jpg

Okay, First off, I call DIBS on that guitar.

RE: Switch. is it pigment in the plastic or done with something like a sharpie?

Danks for the photo

Now I have GAS

I'll go do some pushups.

Okay, First off, I call DIBS on that guitar.

RE: Switch. is it pigment in the plastic or done with something like a sharpie?

Danks for the photo

Now I have GAS

h

I'll go do some pushups.

If I am not mistaken they used to drill a little hole on the tip and then glue one of those dots that are normally on the side of the fretboard

If I am not mistaken they used to drill a little hole on the tip and then glue one of those dots that are normally on the side of the fretboard

That's what I understand to be the case. These are good pups but I didn't care so much for them. MM has my old set.

Liquid nitrogen. Will do the job. Plus, sll my heritages have the hrw pickups in them , and couldn't be happier. I do have a 4 th , but sadlly still at moreno's getting a facelift but i went with gibson zebra hot pick ups. Will see how it sounds , i might be in the market for a set of hwr in the future. As long as it been taking i might be dead before its done.

Wish i could get my hands on 3 of those cards stating the hwr equipped guitar.the 535 and the 157 i bought didnt come with the case candy.

I've had two factory guitars eq'd with HRWs. None of them had any type of case candy indicating HRWs. In fact, the cases were bare of anything other than an adjustment wrench.

I've had two factory guitars eq'd with HRWs. None of them had any type of case candy indicating HRWs. In fact, the cases were bare of anything other than an adjustment wrench.

Off Topic, but it would be amusing if the factory included a little slab of Mackinac Island fudge in the accessory compartment of each new guitar shipped. Literally "case candy," and a slice of Michigan to boot.

I said it before, so take it what it is worth.... IMHO, I don't like the HRWs in a solidbody or semi-hollow guitar. They are bright, articulate, hot and too metalic Hi-Fi sounding for me. They might be great in these guitars for country or heavy metal, but not for a warm bluesy tone or classic rock distortion.

Now, I do think they are fine for Archtops due to their higher output and articulation which gives a nice even string to string volume.

Didn't care for them doing my type of country. I think in "old timey", meaning less loud, they might be fine. Heard Ren play the PSPIII 555 at PSPIII and they were perfect. Played that guitar out a few times and ..... nope, just didn't cut it. In fact, they tended to fade into the background. Did not cut, well, not for me.

Archived