Heritage Owners Club

The Ones That Got Away...Heritage Seller's Remorse Thread

Gitfiddler

I had a red 535 with bound headstock and black inlays once. I swapped it for a lemon. When I had second thoughts an hour later the guy wouldn't swap it back... That really rankles. I haven't even got photos of it to show it :(

Last year when I thought I'd be moving back to Europe for good I sold a bunch of guitars on Yahoo auctions because the removal company said I'D get hit with massive import charges in Germany if I took more than one guitar (and I would have, German customs officers are thorough and they're also utter bastards at their job!). I sold a Hamer USA, two H150s and an H140, each for $1000 ($700 for the Hamer), that hurt...

This is the one that I really miss:

post-12532-0-01879800-1411529600_thumb.jpg

Refinished H150, ebony board, sheptone tribute pups and flame mahogany neck. I got it from HOC member Knopfler in trade for a Gibby LP Gold Top Deluxe with mini hums. To this day I have no idea what possessed me to let this one go... I must have been crazy.

I keep an alert on yahoo auctions in the hope that it'll be listed again one day.

1. Fender '62 Thin Skin Wildwood Telecaster - Haunts me the most. Stax, Early Zep, Prince all came from the guitar without even trying. What a neck. Had the chance to buy it back about a year and a half ago. Sold before I got the store with the deposit.

2. Heritage H157 Chestnut Burst - Duncan Alnico II Pros, build quality could have been much better than it was, guitar very heavy but had the nicest neck of any guitar I've played and sounded like a million bucks. The guitar just had that magic. Sold to a cousin who won't sell it back to me - I don't blame him either!

3. Gibson R7 Goldtop - Sold and would probably buy it back in the morning, incoming '06 R8 notwithstanding.

4. Gibson R7 Black 3-pickup - Traded for a PRS McCarty and cash. The McCarty's a keeper. The neck pickup on this guitar was astounding. Should have just replaced the bridge pickup with something better, kept it and bought the McCarty anyway!

5. Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster (bought this one back)

This is probably the most striking H150 I've ever had. It gets an A+++ for the copious mineral streaks.

I do regret selling it, but I wish the guy left it in my home to look at. (Mr. SkyDog52!)

She is mine now!

:icon_sunny:

Sold my first Heritage an ASB 535 that was just a great guitar, but went thru an SRV phase and traded her in to Elderly Instruments years ago.

Still secretly hope to find her in auction somewhere.

Stupid as she was the only guitar I ever regretted selling off....I'll trade off just about everything BUT a Heritage now.

Archived