Heritage Owners Club

Sebago Double Trouble 50/100

Doc3

I recently acquired a Sebago Double Trouble 50/100 watt amp (it has a switch you can toggle 50 or 100 watts). Sebago amps are built in San Jose by Bill Dunham who also makes the Texas Flood, both are Dumple style amps. http://www.sebagosound.com/

"The DT100 is a 100 Watt version of our flagship Double Trouble amplifier series. The Double Trouble is a faithful reproduction of the famous Dumble Overdrive Special amplifiers. The front panel is shown below. There are two identical inputs, a preamp control section, overdrive control section and power amp control section. The Double Trouble circuit has four cascaded preamp gain stages. The first two are used for the clean channel, and the second two are added when the overdrive channel is engaged, the clean channel gain stages feed into the Overdrive channel. Three of the four gain stages have volume or drive controls on the front panel. In addition there is a master volume control that sets the overall level of the amp." http://sebagosound.com/index.php?id=4

Bill is awesome and sets a high bar for customer service. An electrical engineer he has an incredible depth of knowledge about all things amps. He can customize an order based on what the customer wants. For this amp there was a switch added to vary between 50 or 100 watts. The build included Golder Lion tubes and Austin Speaker Works speakers.

Unfortunately I have been very busy at work and have not had as much play time as I would like. I am finally getting around to posting some pictures. I wanted Vox cloth but Bill advised Vox's legal counsel advised him of the dire consequences should he use Vox style cloth. I opted for a Marshall style Salt & Pepper cloth.

I will try to post some sound clips when I have time. All I can say at this point is the amp is awesome. Here are a few pictures, not my best work:

Instruments040_zps27ec953d.jpg

Instruments038_zps968c8227.jpg

Instruments033_zps6a517e3f.jpg

Instruments030_zps5e79cd2e.jpg

Instruments029_zps2e9b02ad.jpg

Instruments026_zps9e756f43.jpg

Wow, Doc! You've got great taste in both custom guitars AND amps!!

Other than my buddy, Terry Hiatt, you are one of the few lucky owners of a Sabago Double Trouble amp. Those amps sing oh so sweetly. Congratulations!

Here's a demo clip from Terry...all amp...NO pedals!

I've always wanted to play with one of the Dumble clones, just to hear in person what it could do. At one point, I thought about a used Ceriatone but couldn't bring myself to spend the dough.

From the clips, the Double Trouble sounds REALLY sweet. I'm looking forward to hearing something from yours.

Archived