Heritage Owners Club

Amp Gas-X.... Opinions?

yoslate

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They offer only a combo version, John. And yep, G12-H, which is a wonderful speaker. I may yank the chassis and have Ken build a head cab for it. I have one of Ken's 1x12 cabs, into which I'd stuff the Celestion. That would be for convenience and the ease on my back. The original cab would remain intact, and I could easily return it all to the original config.

How heavy is the combo?

Forty-five, forty-eight...somewhere in that neighborhood. And it's not simply the weight, picking it up. I'm not that feeble...yet. For me, it's bending at the waist, even a little, to maneuver it in and out of the car that triggers the back.

I have yanked my back out with lighter amps than the Club Deluxe because of twisting while lifting. I'm pretty careful as all my amps seem to be close to that weight, and my PA speakers are 10 to 15 pounds more than than. I have a small cart that I use for all transport of the gear soon as it's out of the car. If I can't roll the cart (ie stairs, rough path, etc) I have a deal with all the people I contract gigs with that they will have someone on hand to help lift/move the gear. That deal has helped me out more times than I can count!

Archived