Heritage Owners Club

Greg Koch new Fishman Fluence Tele Pickups

schundog

I met him at Harley-Davidson 105th Anniversary in Milwaukee after his show in 2008. He is a local Wisconsin boy, but much revered for his incredible playing style and he is also the author of many Hal Leonard books. Oh, and a pretty nice guy too, even if he is a little nutty! He corrected me when I pronounced his last name as Kosh instead of Kock.

He never takes himself, or anything, too serious. I think he is hilarious. I love his playing, but his product demos sound all the same to me with his chicken picking style.

He's a cool cat for sure... But with a last name like his and how its pronounced, the man cannot take anything too seriously. I'm sure he had a lot of jokes at his expense when he was growing up.

That being said, he touches on a lot of well known classic riffs when he's playing and turns out some of the best lightning fast demo's I've ever heard.

Fishman pickups seem cheap at first (when compared to the boutique pickups), but when you see the sticker price of $225, that's just for the pickups. Not the active system you have pay extra for. Add another $100 to the price for a USB rechargable battery pack too.

FluenceStrBPWt-large.jpg

Archived