Heritage Owners Club

Proposal Denied: Heritage Guitar Marketing proposal: The "Parsons Street/Heritage Display Rack"

Polo

Thought I'd come up with a real winner here, turns out I did not.

Now what the hell am I going to do with all these racks????

==============================================================================================

Subject: Heritage Guitar Marketing proposal: The "Parsons Street/Heritage Display Rack"

Greetings Ron,

Here's a sales/marketing concept that I've developed specifically for the purpose of selling Heritage Guitars within established musical instrument stores. Please take a look below and let me know if this is something that you and your team may be interested in pursuing/developing.
The "Parsons Street Display rack"
I've designed this rack to be capable of securely displaying 4 Heritage Guitars at once while taking up very little of the merchants floor space. This unique design provides an instant physical separation from the competition's product while highlighting the iconic origins of where the guitars were actually built.
The 4 Heritage Models to display
- Heritage H-150
- Heritage H-535
- Heritage Millennium
- Heritage H-550
These particular models offer a solid representation of what Heritage has to offer for both the average Joe player or the working guitarist. It's doubtful that the jazz cats are going to be looking to buy their next 4K Super Kenny Burrell at a guitar center.

Business Model
It's pretty simple. Sell pre-established music stores (IE: Guitar Center or Mom and Pop Music USA) both the display rack and 4 stock models of these particular models at dealer pricing regardless if they are an official Heritage Dealer or not.
Sales Rep
A knowledgeable sales rep would deliver the display rack and guitars, physically set things up and then properly educate the store manager of each display location on the specifics of both the guitars and the history of Heritage Guitar. IE: Create a buzz, demonstrate superiority.
(Actual proposal omitted for privacy)
Please feel free to contact me with your thoughts, concerns and or interest at any time,
All the best,
a man best known by many names
Heritage%20Display%20Rack%20Prototype%20

Looks like a very good idea to me. I remember about 12 years ago the Gbrand had something similar in a local dealers store (not GC) and it was very well received by the customers. The guitars were at eye level and the space taken was small. They should consider your idea IMO.

Depending on the store lay out a three or four sided guitar stand can be really impractical. They can disrupt flow and can end up taking up and requiring more real estate than other display stands. In some cases they can work as a temporary fixture for a promotion but I dislike them in just about any situation including home use.

Guitar store store rooms etc are generally full of promotional product stands that may have seemed like a good idea to the manufacturer but really failed as a useful device in 90% of the stores they managed to off load them on to.

The only promotional things I took/bought from distributors were banners, pick containers, mats, replacement bar stools and anything that didnt take up any room in an already stocked to the ceiling store.

As cool as that guitar stand could be I wouldnt have been able to use it anywhere in either the stores I managed. It might be useful for a product night where you rearrange the store and have an invite only product show case ie Taylor, Fender nights(they bring their own stands). But thats only an annual event at most

Heritage mightve had other reasons why they didnt go with it.

Probably more than what you wanted to hear anyway :)

Depending on the store lay out a three or four sided guitar stand can be really impractical. They can disrupt flow and can end up taking up and requiring more real estate than other display stands. In some cases they can work as a temporary fixture for a promotion but I dislike them in just about any situation including home use.

Guitar store store rooms etc are generally full of promotional product stands that may have seemed like a good idea to the manufacturer but really failed as a useful device in 90% of the stores they managed to off load them on to.

The only promotional things I took/bought from distributors were banners, pick containers, mats, replacement bar stools and anything that didnt take up any room in an already stocked to the ceiling store.

As cool as that guitar stand could be I wouldnt have been able to use it anywhere in either the stores I managed. It might be useful for a product night where you rearrange the store and have an invite only product show case ie Taylor, Fender nights(they bring their own stands). But thats only an annual event at most

Heritage mightve had other reasons why they didnt go with it.

Probably more than what you wanted to hear anyway :)

Thanks for the insight Jeff, we've got you down as a firm "No".

Based off your intel we've decided to invest our resources in a redesigned hologram approach......I think it could be big!!!

images_zpsu6zedlky.jpg

Thanks for the insight Jeff, we've got you down as a firm "No".

Based off your intel we've decided to invest our resources in a redesigned hologram approach......I think it could be big!!!

images_zpsu6zedlky.jpg

Just hook up a 3D printer and problem solved!!!!

I mustve been in a weird frame of mind the other night :icon_scratch:

I really dont remember much about posting that. Obviously I did post it.

I didnt realize I felt that strongly about it all.

Im actually impressed I have an opinion about something like that.

oh wait....not impressed, amused, Im amused I have such a strong opinion about something like that :D

Carry on. Ignore my hiccup.

Just hook up a 3D printer and problem solved!!!!

I don't think racks made of paper would hold up!

Archived