Heritage Owners Club

should we have a pedal board thread?

JeffB

Pedal Boards? Hooray! What do you think? Too much or not enough?

post-17818-0-46613200-1471293558.jpg

Inspired by this I went out and bought a magicstomp. Cheap!!

Bargain I thought.

Got home plugged in and ran through the presets, tweak here, open G chord there.

Hooked it up to computer, ready for big tweak.

Windows 10 = NO

Windows 8 = NO

I did a bad purchase. If I still had XP I would be alright.

But thats ok, I bought a DS1 the other day and it works. If I hook it up before a DD7 I can get an authentic "I Ran(so far away)" guitar tone.

Im pretty stoked about that, happy as a flock of seagulls fighting over a bucket of chips :thumbsup:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inspired by this I went out and bought a magicstomp. Cheap!!

Bargain I thought.

Got home plugged in and ran through the presets, tweak here, open G chord there.

Hooked it up to computer, ready for big tweak.

Windows 10 = NO

Windows 8 = NO

I did a bad purchase. If I still had XP I would be alright.

But thats ok, I bought a DS1 the other day and it works. If I hook it up before a DD7 I can get an authentic "I Ran(so far away)" guitar tone.

Im pretty stoked about that, happy as a flock of seagulls fighting over a bucket of chips :thumbsup:

Yes, the reason I picked up the Magic Stomp is because (at the time) I could not find a UD Stomp pedal (discontinued, rare, and expensive). I picked up the Magic Stomp (5 years ago), downloaded all the UD presets I could get my hands on, and it works wonderfully. I love the Alan Holdsworth chorused sound from the 80's...the reason why I have such a jones for the UD presets. Long story short. I did find a UD Stomp on Ebay for about $600 and it is one of the coolest pedals ever...makes me wonder why in the hell Yamaha would have discontinued it after such a short period on the market. I use the Magic Stomp for the B side of my live rig (the A side is a Swart Atomic Space Tone clean) and the UD Stomp for recording. Too bad Windows OS does not support the Yamaha software.

• 2 months later...

Yes, the reason I picked up the Magic Stomp is because (at the time) I could not find a UD Stomp pedal (discontinued, rare, and expensive). I picked up the Magic Stomp (5 years ago), downloaded all the UD presets I could get my hands on, and it works wonderfully. I love the Alan Holdsworth chorused sound from the 80's...the reason why I have such a jones for the UD presets. Long story short. I did find a UD Stomp on Ebay for about $600 and it is one of the coolest pedals ever...makes me wonder why in the hell Yamaha would have discontinued it after such a short period on the market. I use the Magic Stomp for the B side of my live rig (the A side is a Swart Atomic Space Tone clean) and the UD Stomp for recording. Too bad Windows OS does not support the Yamaha software.

I'm one of the lucky ones who managed to to get a UD Stomp back when Guitar Denter was clearing them out for $200.00 each (originally $600.00) and yes it is one of those rare pedals that are both hard to find (cause no one is willing to give their's up) and command a really good price because there's still no other pedal out there that can do what it does. The last time I saw AH on 'YouTube' he still keeps his UD Stomps at home to design his presets and transfers those presets to MagicStomps for the road, because the UD Stomps are very hard to find.

In the meantime I'm still waiting to get the e-mail that my name is up on the Fractal FX-8 wait list.

My next pedal-board will be the best of them all, the Fractal Audio FX-8 Mark II. I have the Line 6 version of this (the M-13) but it truly pales in comparison to the FX-8 Mark II.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-fx8-multieffects-pedalboard.php

Well yesterday I got my e-mail notice, made my order and my new FX-8 Mk II will arrive tomorrow. I'm very much looking forward to this giant leap forward in efx technology.

Has it turned up yet?

If so, how is it?

Yes it arrived on Wednesday. It is far more powerful (in features) then I ever expected, and the sound is simply over the top. The quality of the efx are second to none. I'm currently trying all the various different setups available (mono, stereo, WDW etc) to see which I like the most. The sound has to heard to be believed. So far I've tried it with a half dozen amps and it sounds awesome with every single one of them, tube and SS. I can see myself in the near future selling off a lot of pedals and efx units now that I have this. One of the real joys of this machine is the ability to conjure up an efx pedalboard in a matter of a couple of minutes without worrying about whether or not you even have the efx you want or with the headaches of humming, bad cables, powering the efx, and the whole range of problems that normally come with pedalboards. Then you have the ability to store 128 different pedalbords to be recalled at the push of a button. This is an absolute dream come true for guitarists whether you gig or not. Anyone interested in something like this should definitely check out the owners manual to see the real scope of the power of this machine because there is far to much to try and cover in a forum like this, I will say however this is definitely worth every dime it cost.

You can download the manual here; http://www.fractalaudio.com/manuals-and-docs.php

I will also add that according to one of the mods on the Fractal website there will be an update to the manual sometime this weekend to correct a couple of errors and updates to firmware. That's another thing I forgot to mention, the folks at Fractal are constantly working to improve and update their products and these updates are always free unlike many manufacturers who charge for updated firmware. For example the FX8 has only been out for a little over a year and mine arrived with firmware V 4.00. Future updates and upgrades are only a USB cable away, as is a very nice FREE editor that can be downloaded into your computer to make designing and tweaking your pedaboards even faster and easier then it already is.

• 3 weeks later...

20161211_133525_zps3cp72xxc.jpg

This pedalboard really wants a LP Purple Plexi and a MXR Uni-Vibe....to you know....feel complete.

Do you play ambient, textural type stuff or just just straight up wiggy stuff.

Its the chorus pedal that has me undecided which.

Do you play ambient, textural type stuff or just just straight up wiggy stuff.

Its the chorus pedal that has me undecided which.

Wiggy?...must be some kind of Aussie bald joke...which I resemble...but yes...this is my atmospheric/textural rig which rarely leaves the house.

I typically use it to set up space loops to noodle over or play drums along with.

Outside the house I'm a little less anal.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I zip-tie my pedals down so I don't change them out and spend more money on new ones. I'm pretty happy with it now, although I've got a Red Witch Empress Chorus on the way which will replace the TC Corona. I like the TC just fine, but I wanted to upgrade the TC to an analog pedal.

0D60F4C5-938C-4B08-8D1B-0EF4B88E40A7_zps

Signal change: Guitar --> Tuner --> RC Boost (always on) --> Tim --> Fuzz Head --> Volume/Wah --> TC Chorus --> EQD Arpanoid --> Wampler Faux Tape Echo --> EHX Cathedral.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently pickup a Digitech Mosaic, a Keeley awful waffle, and the Soldano supercharger GTO. This meant I had to rearrange the pedal board. The new order is

Fulltone Clyde deluxe > Mosaic > MXR phase 90 > Keeley awful waffle > Keeley Oxblood > Fulltone OCD > Paul Cochrane Tim > Soldano supercharger GTO (when needed, board can be used without it) > Ernie Ball VP jr volume pedal > MXR EVH Flanger > MXR carbon copy > Keeley 30 ms > Keeley Abbey verb . And of course I only use Steiner cables

Pedalboard%203.26.17c_zpsq9zyqgqk.jpgPedalboard%203.26.17b_zpshbvzczzy.jpgPedalboard%203.26.17a_zpshbwif3ir.jpg

Archived