Heritage Owners Club

Another Heritage dealer signs up at the HOC !

SouthpawGuy

Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople. Why did Constantinople get the works? That's nobody's business but the Turks!

but then again..  they might be giants..

[my favorite 'giants songe has always been about having prosthetic foreheads.. It was specifically pertinent during the japanese Sumo wrestling scandal in which the contestants that were too short had forehead implants to make them tall enough.. Strange but true....]

but then again..  they might be giants..

[my favorite 'giants songe has always been about having prosthetic foreheads.. It was specifically pertinent during the japanese Sumo wrestling scandal in which the contestants that were too short had forehead implants to make them tall enough.. Strange but true....]

I was actually thinking of the Four Lads. Didn't realize that TMBG had covered it; now I'm going to have to go and track it down.

Looks to be turkish to me..  I was going to have some fun and use an on-line translator to convert the text to english, and then (automatically) convert it back to turkish again, then back to english, and compare whether there is anything intelligable remaining.. It's always "enlightening" and usually amusing to see how the automatic translators treat these conversions. They rarely make any sense..

Unfortunately I can' find a free turkish->english translator.. Oh well..

Looks to be turkish to me..  I was going to have some fun and use an on-line translator to convert the text to english, and then (automatically) convert it back to turkish again, then back to english, and compare whether there is anything intelligable remaining.. It's always "enlightening" and usually amusing to see how the automatic translators treat these conversions. They rarely make any sense..

Unfortunately I can' find a free turkish->english translator.. Oh well..

http://translation.babylon.com/Turkish/to-English/

;D

Thanks Tulk...  that's to you it's now all perfectly clear:

Original Text (from the Pluton web site):

1910 y?l?nda Parson's Street 73 Kalamazoo, Michigan  adresinde üretime ba?layan Gibson, kesintisiz 78 y?l ayn? fabrikada çal??malar?n? sürdürür. 1980'lerde maliyet dü?ürme politikalar? sonucu üretiminin büyük k?sm?n? seri imalata geçirerek Nashville/Tennessee'deki yeni fabrikas?na ta??n?r. Ancak al??t?klar? çevreyi terk edip güneye ta??nmak istemeyen bir grup üst düzey usta ve ?irket çal??an? ta??nmay? reddeder ve bir araya gelerek eski Gibson fabrikas?n? sat?n al?rlar. Ayn? makinalar?, ayn? kal?plar?, ayn? aletleri kullanarak y?llarca ö?rendiklerini yapmaya devam ederler: bildikleri gibi gitar üretmek. Heritage gitarlar? hala o eski fabrikada, tamamen eski usüllerle elde üretilmektedir. Yüksek maliyetlerinden dolay? art?k hiç bir seri üreticinin kullanmad???, sadece Custom Shop gitarlarda bulunan ve eski gitarlar?n bu kadar revaçta olmas?n? sa?layan teknikler Heritage gitarlarda standartt?r.

Translated Text (from Tulks web site listed above..):

In 1910 Parson's Street 73, Kalamazoo address Michigan began production Gibson, 78 uninterrupted years at the same factory continue work. In the 1980 cost reduction measures as a result of policies output of the great part of serial production over Nashville/in the Tennessee new factory. transported But The al??t?klar? environment to leave moving to the south who did not want to be a group of senior veteran and the company employees moving reject and to come together former Gibson factory shall purchase.

Translated Text (from Tulks web site listed above..):

In 1910 Parson's Street 73, Kalamazoo address Michigan began production Gibson, 78 uninterrupted years at the same factory continue work. In the 1980 cost reduction measures as a result of policies output of the great part of serial production over Nashville/in the Tennessee new factory. transported But The al??t?klar? environment to leave moving to the south who did not want to be a group of senior veteran and the company employees moving reject and to come together former Gibson factory shall purchase.

Makes perfect sense to me !

8)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome. We are the new (and first ever) Heritage distributor in Turkey. We are still at the very beginning and but are set up to do our best to promote these wonderful guitars in our part of the world. We are planning to do some professional photo shoots soon for a magazine ad, which can hopefully provide some nice visual material.

Nice translation by the way :)

Greetings from Istanbul (not Constantinople  :police: )

There are many great players in Turkey where the East meets the West more beautifully than anywhere else. (And even popular artists like Kubat sound a lot more original than our usual hit parade crap...)

There are some fabulous fusion groups in and around Istanbul that mingle jazz with the Turkish tradition, in which people are born with irregular time signatures in their system. Love to hear a good American instrument representing one Heritage in that enchanting and melancholic Turkish musical environment.

Jazz guys in Turkey!

Didn't you watch the Commitments.. It's not just about where you come from.. It's all about whether you got the grove or not..

Not sure I get traditional Turkish music myself, but since it's not what I was brought up on that's not too surprising. But there is some interesting mixing of the 3-beat, with the 4-beat that starts to make a sound all of it's own. It you think about it, the mixing of cultures in a melodic way is what we humans should really be about... 

...think about it, the mixing of cultures in a melodic way is what we humans should really be about... 

But we can still beat each other over the heads with clubs from time to time, right?

I'd hate to have to give that up!

I mean music is cool and all, and I like coffee and Camel cigarettes an' all, but we should really stick to what we know best shouldn't we? ;D

Archived