Heritage Owners Club

My H150 is a keeper. No doubt at all.

JeffB

Just wanted to say, I absolutely love my H150.

I love the feel of it, the tone of it and the look of it...

Ive never really felt this way about a guitar.

Ive had the same strat since 93 and have always liked it and got on well with it..

My PRS is a great guitar, cant fault it really.

But this is different. Constantly smiling when I play.

I hit a big open E chord and started laughing at a gig this afternoon.

Love the sounds I'm getting. Just classic tones. I think this H150 is the guitar Ive been always looking for.

It sounds great through any of my amps.

I'm just so damn happy. Feel like Ive come home, or found my voice or something..

Sorry for the randomness of this post. I just had to get it out. :)

I know whatcha mean, Tully.  I'm there w/my 535.  I've a 150 and 555 as well, and they are great instruments and sound/play great, but it's the 535 that just brings me there every time I play it.  Not sure what it is... just has 'it'.

Just wanted to say, I absolutely love my H150.

I love the feel of it, the tone of it and the look of it...

Ive never really felt this way about a guitar.

Ive had the same strat since 93 and have always liked it and got on well with it..

My PRS is a great guitar, cant fault it really.

But this is different. Constantly smiling when I play.

I hit a big open E chord and started laughing at a gig this afternoon.

Love the sounds I'm getting. Just classic tones. I think this H150 is the guitar Ive been always looking for.

It sounds great through any of my amps.

I'm just so damn happy. Feel like Ive come home, or found my voice or something..

Sorry for the randomness of this post. I just had to get it out. :)

I hear ya! I hear ya loud & clear my friend! :laugh:

The exactly same thing happened to me when I bought my H150, a little over a year ago.

As soon as plugged it in (at that time I kept a Marshall half stack in the dinin' room) I couldn't stop smilin', and I still can't stop smilin'...! :wink:

I totally sympathize with you when a say "Love the sounds I'm getting. Just classic tones. I think this H150 is the guitar Ive been always looking for" cuz that's e-x-a-c-t-l-y how I felt the first time I the chance to properly play it!  

This guitar kinda "fired me up" so much that I straight away started makin' research on the web and within minutes I came across this great Forum!

To be honest, it's still my #1 go to guitar and, even thou' I do enjoy playin' other guitars from time to time, quite frankly I can't see that changin'...and I also feel like this is the guitar I'd been always lookin' for.

Sorry for goin' on a little here, but this thing got me started...

There's another thread somewhere where someone posed the question "how to find a cure for G.A.S.?" (or somethin' like that...!) and, bein' totally honest, my H150 is indeed as close to that cure as it can be.

I do own some other guitars (a Les Paul, a Strat and a Yamaha acoustic) and wouldn't mind m-a-y-b-e also ownin' somethin' like a Tele (hi Roy!)...a "Jazz box" (it would have to be an Heritage Jazz box!)...a Gretsch...a Jackson Soloist...but the thing is that this H150 I got it kinda makes me feel like Jaco Pastorious and his fretless "wife"; if ya got what ya really want, what else is there...?

In a way nearly all the sounds....oooops sorry, TONES(!) I need are in that guitar, just waitin' for me to squeeze 'em out!

Like I said before, Tully, I hear ya! and I can almost hear your guitar too...

Enjoy it pal, I know e-x-a-c-t-l-y what ya mean! 8)

I know whatcha mean, Tully.  I'm there w/my 535.  I've a 150 and 555 as well, and they are great instruments and sound/play great, but it's the 535 that just brings me there every time I play it.  Not sure what it is... just has 'it'.

Randy, are you saying you don't like you H555?  >:D

I know approx. 700 people that would LOVE to get to play that thing. ....  8)

Randy, are you saying you don't like you H555?  >:D

I know approx. 700 people that would LOVE to get to play that thing. ....  8)

Whoops... I mean... ummm... what I meant to say was...  well...  I must've thought... it's just that... not that I...  but... ah... 

Oh yeh, the 555 is a very special guitar for me no doubt.  It's a great player and I actually like the neck more than the 535 as it's thicker and of course the fortunate/lucky circumstance of my coming by it is incredible.  The 535 and the 555 aren't night and day in tone differences, but they are different.  I bought the 535 new and have had it for 6 years now and it's opened up in a fantastic way with it's tone very very airy... round and warm.  In short, I've had a bit of time to really bond with it - it's played loads of gigs and jams and I 'know' how to get to it's sweet spot to the best of my playing ability.  That's probably the ticket right there - it's forgiving to my limitations, it's tone inspiring, which allows ya to get to that creative spot and quit worrying about any setting on guitar or amp.  The 555 is coming along as well, but (imho) it takes a while for a semi-hollow or hollow body to get to 'maximus-tone' until they've had that chance to open up.  Guess I'm still 'getting to know it'.

The tone differences are evident played acoustically as well as plugged in.  How to describe... the 535 is looser, the 555 tighter.  They both have very paf-like pickups now with seths in the 535 and throbaks in the 555, so both are fairly low output with high clarity and definition.  I suspect, but don't know, that part of their tonal differences may lie in the rosewood vs ebony fingerboards (hmm... has this been discussed here before?... should do a search).  The 555 is a much better clean/jazz sound.  The 535 is more 'gritty/bluesy' if that makes any sense.

I'm extremely fortunate to have the guitars I do and as others have posted here, they are all more than my talent deserves.  Each one of them is a great player with great tones and melodies in them.  My strat I've played now for (holy moly that long?!??) 35 years and I know every inch/cranny/tone potential in it.  It's hard to describe how comfortable that guitar is.  My 77 tele is an unbelieveble find.  Those late-70s teles are supposed to be crap, but this one slipped thru somehow - it's an incredible instrument and ties in first picked w/the 535 for a gig.  My humbucker-solid bodies... the 83 LP is one of the warmest sounding LPs I've ever played or heard.  Seriously.  The 150 is slightly brigher than the LP, but much more responsive in tonal variations - more modern sounding.  Has a single coil like chime to it.

They are all wonderful instruments and I'm one HAPPY guitar player to own and play them all.

(I had a really good gig today... can you tell?    8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

The 535 is my favorite design and fits me like a glove.  That said, I still get a kick out of playing the 150.  I am glad I have them both. 

The 535 is my favorite design and fits me like a glove.  That said, I still get a kick out of playing the 150.  I am glad I have them both. 

I want a 535 as well. Still waiting for the right one. Only tried a few so far but havnt had a "s**t yeah" experience yet. Pretty close though.

definitely a thread I needed to read. I have been fightin' with my 150 lately .... put it in the case for a coupla days .... and got it back out this afternoon. not sure whether I was over-thinking (or just plain ol' thinking) about my playing .... but it sounds and feels as good if not better than before. it is a much of a keeper as anything else that is still in the collection after some serious house-cleaning .... my 150 represents 1/4 of my current guitar "collection" . :) 8)

cheers always, eh

Joel

definitely a thread I needed to read. I have been fightin' with my 150 lately .... put it in the case for a coupla days .... and got it back out this afternoon. not sure whether I was over-thinking (or just plain ol' thinking) about my playing .... but it sounds and feels as good if not better than before. it is a much of a keeper as anything else that is still in the collection after some serious house-cleaning .... my 150 represents 1/4 of my current guitar "collection" . :) 8)

cheers always, eh

Joel

I seem to have those days with all of my guitars. One day they are the best thing in the world. Next day they sound like crapola. Oh wait, that's probably me that sounds like crapola. But ... you get the idea.  :angel:

• 4 weeks later...

Have been playing the 150 for a few days now, fine tuned a couple adjustments, and it is one fine sounding/looking/playing instrument.  While leaning in general more towards the tele/535 relm, there's no denying that a nice thick piece of mahogany with a maple cap gives a full/fat tone.  The neck pickup especially is an awesome sounding growl - great for slide!  This one's going into rotation for a while.

And, another excuse to post a couple shots of it...    8) 

width=600 height=450http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh237/fxdx99/heritagehoc137.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh237/fxdx99/heritagehoc140.jpg[/img]

I felt the same way about my 157 from the moment I first picked it up out of the case.  When I plugged it in, my first reaction was "Oh my god, I've got my tone back!"  That's the ideal sound I'd been hearing in my head for many years.  It's a beast, though, and I also require other guitars that don't sound quite as intense.

Nope, no knob replacement for me, Ron - you have me confused w/brent  ;D    This guitar was another HOC deal done good w/golferwave, who I bought it from around a year ago.  Did replace the pickups (w/gw's counsel) w/bare knuckle stormy mondays.

Yeh, nice way to put it, pro.  It is a more intense 'right THERE' sound... great for the right band/material.  You're right that other more mellow tones (such as the 535) are also required.

Archived