Heritage Owners Club

GAS

skydog52

"But the site leaves me feeling a bit...gauche....   "

Please elaborate; I'm not sure why? The main question in this thread was:

How many guitars do you all own?

How many are Heritage?

They are my wife's. She plays, and I more or less got into collecting them with her after hearing ad nauseum that there are not decent lefties available, and that she should just learn right handed.

The site was put together a bit tounge-in-cheek, as we have met several players on forums (lefties and righties) who have become friends and visited. One of them joked that we should open a bed&breakfast for travelling guitar players, so we tried to make the site look like that's what we do.

Basically it is a way to have an online photo album.

The site was put together a bit tounge-in-cheek,

...as was my response.

BRRRUMBLPAUGHNNUMPH!!!

"Dear heavens!  What was that!!?"

"I think it was another pun, collapsing under its own weight!"

Amazing collection...but only one Heritage??

Thanks, Jim!  I, too, am a fan of analog delay; nicely done!  I figured you were at work, having the same kind of day I was and it'd land on you eventually.  ;)  Did dig the website!  About the karma, not sure how that works....but I could use all the good karma I could get...here at work, anyway....   

• 3 weeks later...

I am the insane owner of 50 guitars as of yesterday. Jackson professionals,gibsons,fender robin,schecter,carvin,on  and on and on. I have just purchased a,as of now unknown heritage and it has become a proud member of my insanity. Long live serious GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have 21 ... with two recently acquired Heritages.

Electric Guitars

Fender Stratocaster - 1977 3 tone sunburst / maple / Reflex Reds active pu's

Fender Stratocaster - 50th Anniversary American Deluxe, 2 tone sunburst /maple, SCN pu's

Fender Stratocaster - 60th Anniversary, 3 tone sunburst / rosewood, American Vintage pu's

Fender Stratocaster - 2006 American Deluxe, cherry sunburst / rosewood, pearl scratchplate, SCN pu's

Fender Stratocaster - 1994 American Standard, 3 tone sunburst / rosewood, pearl scratch, Duncan Livewire pu's

Fender Stratocaster - 1997 American Standard, 3 tone sunburst / maple, stock pu's

Fender Telecaster - 1997 American Standard, 3 tone sunburst / maple, stock pu's

ESP S800 Superstrat - 1990 Transparent Purple Sunburst / rosewood, Floyd Rose, gold hardware EMG 89 / 2 EMG SA's

Gibson Les Paul Standard - 1991 cherry sunburst, Shadow EQ5 Active humbuckers / with push pull coil tap

Musicman - 1995 Silhouette Special, Metallic green / maple, pearl scratchplate, DiMarzio HSS

Heritage - 2007 H535 Custom, Golden Amber, Seymour Duncan 59's

Heritage - 2005 H575 Custom, Tobacco sunburst, Seymour Duncan 59's

Acoustics

Takemine EN10 - mahogany / cedar

Takemine FP360S - rosewood / spruce

Simon and Patrick Pro - mahogany / spruce

Simon and Patrick - mahogany / cedar

Seagull S6 - cherry / cedar

Seagull M6 - mahogany / cedar

La Patrie classical - rosewood / spruce

Other

Squier Strat - cream / rosewood

Squier P Bass Special - sunburst / rosewood

all guitars are left handed

1 - 2003 Heritage H170CMSM Custom

1 -1990 American Standard Strat w/Lace Sensors

1 - 2006 Washburn WI64DL

1 - 2005 Peavey Predator Plus EXP

1 - 2003 Agile AD2500 w/DiMarzio FREDs

1 - 1996 Fender Jagstang

1 - 2001 Taylor 310

1 - 1976 D'Agostino Dreadnaught

1 - 2002 Ibanez AEG10 Acoustic/Electric

1 - 2000 Squire Affinity P-bass

1 - 2006 Fullerton P-bass

1 - 2004 SX GG-1 

Grand total: 12

May soon be 11.... I'm considering throwing the SX into the river behind my house to see how far down stream it'll float. 8)

This HOC forum is a really nice place...

The Tulk1 list was exhilarating... But I already used all the items...  : - (

And the "how many guitars can you handle..." is the REAL question...

Anyway, here's my list...

First, the historic guitars : a Guild D44 (pearwood) and a Guild F312, bought in the seventies... Those guitars are so loud and so well-aged that when a friend of mine plays a solo on his Taylor while I'm lightly strumming chords, he can't hear himself anymore... No, no, I won't sell those guitars !

Then I bought in 2000 a Guild F65-CE, it's just an amazing guitar, just like a toy, all plain maple, great... I'm a Westerly plant Guild fan, and I believe there's no-one closer to an Heritage fan than a Guild fan...

After that, I wanted to have an real electric guitar, so I bought a Godin Montreal. Nice guitar, wonderful mahagony, but I don't play it much often, although when you play it through two amps with its two cable-outputs (a tube amp for the magnetic pickups and an acoustic amp for the piezo), it produces a stereo image that's amazing... I should sell this guitar, but... but... No, I won't sell it !

Lately, the Guild fan in me found on e-bay USA a brand-new NOS Guild Benedetto X-700 Stuart, for a ridiculous price. Outstanding quality, nice tone... they won't make guitars like that anymore... Neither Guild nor Benedetto... I'm planning to put it in a safe... Not for sale !

Then I discovered in Germany a guitar that's not available here in Europe, only sold in the US through Musician's Friend, a second-hand Steinberger Transcale Synapse... I was really curious about the instrument, and I have to say that it's a tremendous guitar, very very fast neck, wonderful electronics (PUs + piezo) and it delivers an astonishing wide range of tones, no problem to play jazz on it, no, no, I won't sell this guitar... Not much comfortable to play, but perfect to take away...

After that, still looking for the Gibson 175 tone of my dreams, I discovered that the answer was : Heritage. So I bought that H575 and then a Sweet16 - and this baby is my favourite guitar for the moment (pics in my topic : "Let me please introduce myself...")...

Oh ! I forgot one ! A D'Angelico replica, a 18' inch archtop made by Vestax in Japan (far better than the Excel replicas), plywood except massive spruce top, with a floating Kent Armstrong pickup that's not very good (nothing to compare with the handmade Kent Armstrong PUs), and this is my workhorse big box jazz guitar, that I can take outside without worrying too much if someone's going to steal my car or throw an empty beer can at me because I can't play Smoke on the water... :-)

And I'm selling a guitar ! A '85 Fender d'Aquisto Standard, mint, OK, this one has to go... It's going to make some place if someone round here has an Heritage Super Eagle with floating pickup to sell...

Best regards !

Christian.

Then I bought in 2000 a Guild F65-CE, it's just an amazing guitar, just like a toy, all plain maple, great... I'm a Westerly plant Guild fan, and I believe there's no-one closer to an Heritage fan than a Guild fan...

I used to own one of those! The quality of construction on those Westerly Guilds are the best I've seen. I sold my F65CE because while it played well and looked stunning, it didn't have the bass response I was looking for.

I used to own a Guild Bluesbird as well, and have been having regrets since I sold it. I had a chance to buy a Nightbird as well, but passed it up. What was I thinking?

Hi Fellas, newbie to the forum here.

I'm just about to recieve a brand new 150 cm with HRW's in it.

I've got 7 guitars in total :

Heritage 150cm - HRW's

Parker Fly Classic with Bare Knuckle Crawler Pups

Schecter PT1 Tele

Epiphone LP, SD Custom Customs and an SD1 - totally rewired, way better sounding than any Gibson I've ever tried.

Levinson Blade RH4 Classic

Ovation CS257 Acoustic

Classical Acoustic

All of these go through a Cornford MKII50 amp, Speakers are 2 V30's, 2 Greenbacks, 2 Silver Series all speakers have Beam Blockers fitted.

If you want to have a look at some of my set up : http://www.parkerguitars.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4977

Great forum.

Peter

Archived