Heritage Owners Club

GAS

skydog52

I'm kind of embarrased to admit but 10 electrics (4 are Herritages) and 5 Acoustics ;D

Don't feel bad. I have 5 electrics ( 1 Heritage ) and 7 acoustic and 1 bass with

2 Heritages on the way.

I went through a lot of guitars and through times of owning lotsa guitars, but you know what? I streamlined it to the bare minimum (well, sort of.....).

After all, how many guitars can you play at once? I subscribe to the Jaco Pastorious philosophy; one/two instruments will do it all.

So, here it goes; Heavily customized (HEAVILY I said!) 1978 Les Paul Pro De Luxe ;D

1982 Fender Squire JV '54 Stratocaster (one of those!);D

2000 Heritage H150 (with S. D's Antiquity pup's; my main squeeze now) ;)

Yamaha L6S Acoustic :)

With this little army I can cover any gig, any recording, any situation no problem!

Also, when I go around shops, I see a lot of extremely nice/good/great stuff but I don't really feel the "need" of anything else......cuz I got the best.

Then again, let's look at all the awesome players; Page, Pastorious, Rory Gallagher, Duane Allman, Les Paul himself, Brian May,....they all seem to only go back to the same ONE instrument they're associated with.

As a charter member of The Men Who Hide Guiars From Their Wives Club I refuse to answer...  ;D

Actually, this may be incriminating.  I have 13 guitars, 3 are Heritages.  I also have parts enough to build at least two or three parts-o-casters. 

Here's my list:

• [li]74 (or '75) LP Custom[/li]
    [li]'07 PRS McCarty Rosewood[/li]
    [li]'07 Eric Johnson Strat - BG Custom Wound Pups[/li]
    [li]'07 Heritage H535 Semi-Hollow[/li]
    [li]'07 G&L ASAT Tribute Tele [/li]
    [li]'06 Fender 60th Anniv Tele[/li]
    [li]'06 Stambaugh Designs Custom Bass[/li]
    [li]'05 Heritage H-157[/li]
    [li]'03 Stambaugh Designs Custom Tele[/li]
    [li]'04 Taylor 415CE L7[/li]
    [li]'95 PRS CE24 w/Birds[/li]
    [li]'06 S101 Light Crust Doughboy - BG Custom Wound Pups[/li]

As a charter member of The Men Who Hide Guiars From Their Wives Club I refuse to answer...  ;D

I thought I saw you passing me the secret sign!  I'm a member, too!  Did I tell you guys how long the Millennium DC was in the house before she noticed? ;D

I thought I saw you passing me the secret sign!  I'm a member, too!  Did I tell you guys how long the Millennium DC was in the house before she noticed? ;D

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. No guitar is worth upsetting your soul mate!

(Psssst. I'm going on 3 months for the PRS 245, 1 week on the other new PRS, and 3 days on my Cust 555. She has no clue yet ;D)

Where was I, and we should be more thankful for everything they do around the house and.......

I'm in the same boat. I'm gassing for a bass now, and need to sell a few of my guitars. I don't really need more than 2.

Oh no!!  Not 'BASS GAS'!!  That is even worse than guitar gas!  Have you seen how many gorgeous, 4,5,& 6 string basses are out there?!  :)

All it takes is one bass.  If you get bitten by the bug, you will own more and more and more........

Me, for twenty-four years of marriage (so far....):

"I'm just hangin' on to it for a little while, didn't actually buy it...."

"Sam didn't have room at the shop for it...."

"It's Alex's, and he didn't want Matilda to find it...."

"It's nice, but I don't think I'd want to own it...."

"I traded the (description of any guitar or amp you've ever owned, here) for it...."

"I got a screamin' deal on it!  I'll turn it over in a couple of weeks and make a killing...."

"I've had this secret guitar savings account for a long time; I just didn't tell you about it...."

"It's a loaner, belongs to the studio...."

" No, really...$49.95...really...."

"No, no, no...It's always been this color!"

"This is it!  I just won't get another one...this one is it...!

So...who was I foolin'?   

"I traded the (description of any guitar or amp you've ever owned, here) for it...."

"I got a screamin' deal on it!  I'll turn it over in a couple of weeks and make a killing...."

"I've had this secret guitar savings account for a long time; I just didn't tell you about it...."

So...who was I foolin'? 

Damn yoslate!!!

I know I have used at least half those lines in one form or another....LOL!!!!!

At least I know now I'm not the only one who has lied to keep from hurting a loved one....

Cause if she found out the truth, she may afflict harm on the "loved one".

Might even pull an Arlena Bobbit and smash off the headstock!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

NOT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[

So...who was I foolin'?   

LOL!  Very good.

And thanks for the 'new material'.  :)

Oh no!!  Not 'BASS GAS'!!  That is even worse than guitar gas!  Have you seen how many gorgeous, 4,5,& 6 string basses are out there?! 

All it takes is one bass.  If you get bitten by the bug, you will own more and more and more........

Yes, but I'm a traditional guy. To me, a guitar has six strings, while a bass has only four. I'm gassing for an American-made G&L bass right now!

Tulk: It may be my lack of sleep taking over, but when I saw that pic, I thought maybe the Keebler elves had rolled out the artillery and your bass was surrendering!!! I nearly fell out of my chair!

Like that one, eh?  ;D My Dad made that thing so many years ago. He was into authentic canon replica's. It actually works, too. We've shot it before. I've plugged the hole right now, since having the firing hole open makes it legally a weapon. Nothing like a little Keebler goodness to go with your bass guitar. BTW, it's a Chris Stambaugh Designs custom made. Cool bass. Wonder if Heritage ever made basses?

Archived