Heritage Owners Club

Introduce myself as a 535 owner from the Netherlands

GroovieGuitarGuus

Hello Heritage fans...

Great this place to share the enthusiasm of these great guitars.

Mine 535 I bought more than 20 years ago. Borrowed some money from my parents.

It's still one of my main axes.

Some years it has stayed in his case, but since I've changed the Shaller pick ups for SD '59's the guitar is very Allround.

No feedback because the Shallers weren't waxpotted.

Here some great pics...

width=600 height=400http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3844/img8875yq1.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=400http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3844/img8875yq1.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=400http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8075/img8878go8.jpg[/img]

Triple G. Welcome to the HoC. And what a beauty of a guitar!! Is that almond burst? I take it thats the Vari-Phase system you have there? Did you hook that back up when you swapped pickups? Glad to see you got her out of the case and are playing her again. :thumbsup:

Triple G. Welcome to the HoC. And what a beauty of a guitar!! Is that almond burst? I take it thats the Vari-Phase system you have there? Did you hook that back up when you swapped pickups? Glad to see you got her out of the case and are playing her again. :thumbsup:

Indeed... A Vari Phase system... original. Once I this heritage is fallen on the front. So it has had a new paintjob. Only the front with clear nitro.

Al the hardware was removed. Also the mini-switches. Some of the switches where broken, so they are al 3 new.

It was a hell of a job to replace the stuff. It has cost met B.S.&.T and a whole saterday to get the three miniswitches replaced.

Some years later I've decided to change the pickups. Sorry folks... This time I did it the easy way. I cut the original cable en solderd the 4 wire's on the cable of the Seymour Duncans. Of course the collors of the Shallers where different than the SD's... It was a kind of Master Mind... ;-)

(I hope you understand my bad English... but It's better than your Dutch ;-)

So the front has had a refinish? Looks great. Did you do the refinish yourself? Can't fault you for the solder job on the pickups. I think if I were to change the pickups on my 535 or Millennium (Millie) SAE I would install quick clips so the wires could be plugged in.

Your English is fine. Not so sure it's "better" than my Dutch, as I don't speak that at all ... so my Dutch isn't bad. It's nonexistent.  :wink:

Thanx folks....

I'm very proud of this 535. The refinish (only transparant Nitro, the colour was undamaged) was done by a Duth pro: http://www.dickdijkman-guitardesign.com/

He does make al the repairs in our country for Paul Reed Smith.

With the new refinish, new mini switches and the new Seymour Duncan's, it's not an 100% original. But I like this guitar a lot. It's a 'player' in great condition.

Greatings from The Netherlands (And don't think al the Dutch people use drugs... Maybe in % les than in the USA  :afro: . It's one of the most questions we hear from foreigners) Peace!!!

Greatings from The Netherlands (And don't think al the Dutch people use drugs... Maybe in % les than in the USA  :afro: . It's one of the most questions we hear from foreigners) Peace!!!

I have visited your country a couple times and it is wonderful!!!  I have family in Belgium.  Europe is beautiful and i hope to retun in a few years.

Enjoy your time on the HOC!

Welcome to the HOC!

I think you will like it here.

I have 1st cousins that live in the Hague.  They are 2nd cousins to Jim D. in Kzoo, as I am.

Its the W. Michigan Dutch in us on our Mom's (and her sister, who are 1st cousins to Jim D. at Heritage).

Would like to make first visit to them.

[quote author=GroovieGuitarGuus link=topic=3690.msg44123#msg44123 date=1234033174

And don't think al the Dutch people use drugs...

Don't believe him, boys! The Dutch always lie. How do you think his 535 became so smokey brown?

[quote author=GroovieGuitarGuus link=topic=3690.msg44123#msg44123 date=1234033174

And don't think al the Dutch people use drugs...

Don't believe him, boys! The Dutch always lie. How do you think his 535 became so smokey brown?

Ha ha ha... ;-). Ja, jij zal het als geen ander kunnen weten!!!!! (Another Duthman on this topic!!!... Fun!!!)

Welcome.  That is a nice looking 535. 

beautiful 535! It reminds me of my #1 guitar. Bird, you may know the one I am talking about..

I have a vintage burst 535 but not the variphase which seems like a really cool add on. BTW, its looks the same as your axe great refinish job.

Archived