Heritage Owners Club

Heritage 575 guitar

bethster123

Hello!

I was invited to join this group from a member on Reddit.  Thank you for having me!

I recently inherited several guitars from my godfather. I do not play at all and know nothing about guitars. I plan to sell them (except his favorite) but am struggling to figure out what exactly these are and how to value them. I tried searching on reverb & eBay but am just not really sure what exactly I am looking for and I want to make sure I list it accurately. I was hoping someone with experience could guide me and so here I am! ?

This Heritage guitar is in good shape. Has a small nick on the back. Always stored in its case. I am not sure how much it was played. It is labeled as H575/US13 (or could be a “B”)  and the serial number is X02106.

I was told it has HRW pickups and gold hardware. I don’t know what a pickup is. But that’s ok as I am trying to learn!  I will try to figure out how to attach pictures.

I would appreciate any info that anyone can offer and also what the value would be for this guitar. Also if anyone is interested in purchasing it or has a suggestion in place to sell it (eBay? Reverb?). Thank you so much for your assistance!

Hi and welcome. That was me. This is a 2007 H-535 Vintage Sunburst with HRW pickups. It's a beautiful instrument. The pickups are the gold bar things under the strings on the body. From what I'm seeing on Reverb.com, I'd put this in the $2500 to $3500 range. If you are going to sell it, try posting it on this forum first. You will have to figure out a price, keeping in mind that it will cost about $100 to ship it. Get help from a music store or someone who knows how to ship a guitar so it doesn't get damaged in shipping. 

r/guitars - Used Heritage H575 guitar pricing?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

'Tis an H-575 custom indeed.  They were upgraded H-575s.  I'd imagine you're mid to upper $3k mark.
By revealing yourself as a nube, you've invited every bottom feeder on the internet.  
PM if you would like assistance with this.

thats an '07 custom with HRWs. A new one is $4900 and not nearly as nice. Yours was built by the old guard and has appointments that are no longer available and a higher level of build quality. $3k would be a very good deal for someone, personally Id start low 4s high 3s. these guitars are remarkably under valued and yours is not available anymore. Go to jazzguitar.be and you will find many of the same members but a much bigger audience and better market place. Search reverb to get an idea whats moving.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a collector and have an H575C , I'd agree with $4k as it is one of the early ones still built by the Masters. The are exquisite instruments

As it appeals to Jazz players , I'd also suggest that forum   https://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/

Edited by greywolf66
  • Like 2

bethster, it goes without saying (except for the fact you know no one here), but I'll say it anyway.  The advice on this thread is from people who know what they're talking about.  That's a lovely 575 (and the HRW pickups [the two magnetic microphones under the strings] are a bit of a unicorn around this forum)!

• Upvote 1