Heritage Owners Club

Amplitube

mars_hall

Anyone here using Amplitube in their recording or, really, anywhere else?  I used it in its early days and it has come a long ways since.  There is a free version out there that really appears to be usable.

I figured I would give it a try and ordered the Amplitube 5 Max version on the cheap, hopefully to use in conjunction Cakewalk on my PC.

The whole setup of the DAW with Amplitube may be a bit much, way too many variables to play with, but I have been using the free Cakewalk from Bandlab off and on for a few years and wanted to layer in something other than another synth modules.

What do you know?  What do you think?

I think I used Amplitube, once, a long time ago in a music room far, far away. If I'm tracking guitar or bass, I tend to use Guitar Rig. For DAW, I started with something I no longer remember the name of, then, when I switched to PCs, used Pro Audio 9 up through Sonar something or other. Think I got out around Sonar x2 or x3?  Switched to Ableton Live when Gibbons bought Cakewalk. Couple version upgrades after that, I switched to Cubase Pro, primarily, but keep Live around and updated. I tend to move between them, depending on what I'm trying to accomplish. 

Edited by Dick Seacup

• 2 months later...

Still having fun with Amplitube and the Tonex Max captures you can use standalone or with the built-in partial DAW in it.

The background of this was recorded/miced back in 2017.  In early December, I pulled in the 2017 wav file to see what I could get noodling on top with an Amplitube rig.