Heritage Owners Club

Is it time....

y2kc

How about a hybrid? I know the purist will not like the thought but my Taylor T5 has served me well at church in many situations and market share is always a good thing for a smaller company. Any why I'm at it a couple acoustics would be great as well.

I've always liked the T5.   I played one years ago and it felt very comfortable, and it had a large variety of sounds.     I've considered buying one, but I really don't have a need.   If I was playing out I probably would have grabbed one.  Having a passable acoustic sound as well as electric sounds would be great for live work.

If anything,  Heritage has proven to be a pretty traditional company.   They have done some radical designs years ago,  (Little One,  SAE,  Kahuna, HB1 and 2, Mark Slaughter, etc)  but they have never been big sellers.  Their bread and butter styles are the solid body LP style,  the semi,  and the archtops.  The Millennium is a pretty unique design, but apparently it wasn't a good enough market to keep it in the lineup, although I've heard a few "maybe" comments.     While they did some acoustics early in the company history,  it was never a focus.   Building acoustics seems to be a different "technique".  Some acoustics had bodies made by another company, with a Heritage neck and finishing.  

I also don't know that they have a production room to do an acoustic series.    Even Gibson does it's acoustics in a totally different location from it's electrics.

Edited by TalismanRich