Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Eagle Classic

Jazzpunk

I'm seriously thinking about selling some gear to fund one of these bad boys. It's probably too much guitar for my skill level but G.A.S. has taken a hold of me!

I'd love to hear what other Eagle classic owners think. Pros/cons? Also, I can't find any pricing info. Any idea what I can expect to pay new? How 'bout on the used market if I'm lucky enough to find one?

I'm in the middle of an instructional DVD featuring Brian Setzer.  I haven't yet figured

out what make his guitar is but it's a lot like an Eagle.  He's a great player and watching

him makes me want a big box with a Bigsby.  Not that I can afford one...

Ok, I'll reel this thread back in.  Have a very sweet 1999 Eagle Classic in ASB.  Parallel bracing with two Schaller pickups.  No inlays on a super slick ebony fretboard.  This guitar gives me goosebumps.  Every time I plow into an octave run I wonder how this can be me making these wondrous sounds.  Simply nails that Wes tone.  Great articulation all the way up and down the keyboard on single notes and chords really jump out, not mushy at all.  The dynamics are superb, too. Specs are somewhere between an L-5 and and L-7, but the price is about half that of an L-5CES.  Really no weakness and not at all a compromise if you are looking for that sound...and come on now, who isn't?  :)

Here's mine.  It was custom ordered, either by Wolfe or by a customer through Wolfe.  I had been looking  to pick up a spruce-top with floater, and I fell for this one when it appeared on ebay a couple of years ago; made an offer after an auction ended and picked it up for around 2 G's. 

I've mostly played it acoustically: plays great, not quite as deep as an L-5 so easy to get around, great open, even acoustic sound.  I like the simple appointments ...elegant, in my humble estimation.   

013-2.jpgwidth=229 height=480http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg76/111518/015-1.jpg[/img]

I don't think I've ever seen a thread go off topic faster than this one!

8)

Sorry 'bout that.  I'd just come upstairs from having lunch in front of the dvd and

hit your post about a similar guitar.  Thought of doing something about it but figured

I'd screw your thread up even more... which I'm doing right now...

Keep it up and I'll smite you!  :wink:

A little Setzer story for ya'. About 10 years ago a friend of mine was promoting a 'swing' night here in L.A. He was pals with Setzer and got him to come down and sit in with the band for a few tunes. After watching him rip it up, I got to hang with him and my friend and talk shop over several cocktails . A night to remember for sure!  ;D

The Eagle Classic was the first Heritage I purchased.  Although 12th or so in the electric bevy, it was the first one that reacted favorably to tone knob settings.  It is loaded with the HRWs.  The color is ASB and is the first guitar that I received compliments about (tone and aesthetics) from non-music folk.  I think I paid the long dollar, 2.3k, but would do it again in a heartbeat!

You'll never forget your first...

EC Full.jpg

EC Full.jpg_thumb

EC Body.jpg

EC Body.jpg_thumb

That Eagle was what really turned me on to Heritage.  After playing her, I had no qualms putting out for a Golden Eagle.  Really not a lot of difference for the money but hey, we only go 'round once. 

Thanks for the feedback, I'd recommend one to Anybody that has minimum interest in an Eagle.  Go for it Jazzpunk!

111518 - Elegance.  I like that. Well said.  :angel:  Might I add: that's one stunning ax!

Ron, I'm in Love :tongue3:

Poor JazzPunk is out there GASsing; probably huddled in a corner, shaking, about to burst and you whip out your Eagle!

Good Man!

We're here to serve and protect  :police:

I have seen many different versions of the Eagle Classic.  I purchased mine from Jay Wolfe.    He custom ordered this particular model with upgraded tone wood, ebony fret board and five piece neck with widow's peak.  It has an single HRW PUP and the tone controls are mounted on the pick-guard.  It sounds wonderful.  It is up for sale if anyone is interested. 

I have seen many different versions of the Eagle Classic.  I purchased mine from Jay Wolfe.    He custom ordered this particular model with upgraded tone wood, ebony fret board and five piece neck with widow's peak.  It has an single HRW PUP and the tone controls are mounted on the pick-guard.  It sounds wonderful.  It is up for sale if anyone is interested. 

I think this guy is looking for one:

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...pic,3942.0.html

:wink:

(pm sent)

Archived