Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Eagle Classic

Jazzpunk

Floating pickup and pickguard mounted controls reduce the number of holes in the top & increases acoustic resonance.

Here are a few images of my Eagle Classic

Nice Shootn' VJ!  Are you taking photo lessons from the Bird?  You did an excellent job capturing the wood on that puppy.

For the arch top pros here, what's the deal with single pup arch tops without tone controls? Are you supposed to just dial in the sound on your amp? Does the single pup have some sort of special sound over a pup that features a tone control as well?

I have never seen a single pup arch-top guitar without a tone control.  I guess its feasible not to have one on your arch-top but not terribly convenient when you have to make a tone adjustment.    On another note, be aware of the X Braced and Parallel Braced arch-top guitars.  Each has a distinctive tone.  Most single pup arch-tops are X braced while most two pup arch-tops have parallel bracing under the spruce top.  FYI.      BTW, Jazzpunk were ever able to see the pictures of my Eagle Classic on this thread?

I've seen quite a few archtops, including an Eagle Classic that just sold on eBay, that feature a single volume control mounted on the pick guard. Perhaps the one knob controls both volume and tone?

I caught the pics of your Eagle in a previous thread. Quite a looker but out of my price range.

I've seen quite a few archtops, including an Eagle Classic that just sold on eBay, that feature a single volume control mounted on the pick guard. Perhaps the one knob controls both volume and tone?

I caught the pics of your Eagle in a previous thread. Quite a looker but out of my price range.

I could see that if they were a stacked knob. The ones I've seen on Heritage guitars, though, looks to be normal. Maybe it is a tone control and volume is fixed.

My Sweet 16 only had a Vol. knob on it when I bought it (used).  That's the way it originally came from Kalamazoo. 

I later had a 'stealth' Tone control pot w/roller-wheel installed under the pickguard that eliminated the need for drilling into the wood guard.

This is a photo of it prior to the stealth Vol. pot install.  Kinda hard to see, but it's only got one knob:

width=320 height=480http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2415/heritagesweet161.jpg[/img]

Guitfiddler - I'm loving the depth of your collection!  Keep the photos coming!!!

Gitfiddler,

How is the tone adjustment on your stealth pots? Mine are just full treble, full bass and if you hit it correctly, half way. The volume in really on or off so I need to use a clean boost or turn the dials on the amp. Is your sweet 16 under control?

Gitfiddler,

How is the tone adjustment on your stealth pots? Mine are just full treble, full bass and if you hit it correctly, half way. The volume in really on or off so I need to use a clean boost or turn the dials on the amp. Is your sweet 16 under control?

Spectrum13~That sounds like a mis-matched tone potentiometer.  After trying 3 different pickups (Schaller, Classic 57 & finally Kent Armstrong PAF) I then had to change the pot 3 times to get the best taper! :( 

The best result came from a 500k pot with a more linear sweep.  Now the tone control is much more useful, with a gradual change from the treble to bass frequencies.  Every guitar is different, and archtops are very sensitive to any modifications.  'Sweetie' is VERY sweet now! 8)

I've owned a Sweet 16, Super Eagle and Golden Eagle at different times.  Each came standard with a floating pickup and one volume control.  They all went back to Heritage to have the tone control added.  Simple job --- remove the pickguard and ship it.  Watch the mailbox - back in a week.   

Archived