Heritage Owners Club

Silverburst PART DEUX

brentrocks

Nice paint job!  Who did you have paint your guitar?  Did you just have the top painted and how much did that cost?  Was it Nitro finish?

I was thinking of getting a !50 and just having the top painted in orange sparkle.

Thanks bro!

I had the top painted in the silverburst because i missed my 'ol '79 Gibby Silverburst custom.  I had a 157 done first, but it was too heavy for my shoulder/back....

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/zzOther%20guitar%20stuff/IMG_0089.jpg[/img]

...so i searched out a lighter candidate for the same paintjob and i found this black H 150 P on ebay...he just did the top on both guitars and it is nitro.....

width=600 height=399http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20150%20P%20silverburst/IMG_0044.jpg[/img]

how did the paint job cost? and did Heritage do it?

Pete Moreno did the work...he is a former Gibson employee and Heritage employee too (part time)

i would be happy to discuss the details w/ you...feel free to drop me a PM

I really like that with the speed knobs.  Looks killer!!!!!!!  Congrats!

Thanks Shook....shouldnt you be helping your wife, not on the HOC? :P :-X ;D

I love the silverburst! Congrats! Hey, I see some Heritages with Gibson style pickguards. Do they fit Heritages with no modification?

Thanks MRG!!!!

it depends on the model it came off of and the model it is going on to....i have swapped some with no issues and i have had some that are not ewven close!...but then there are the exceptions  :)

Brent I'm lovin' this thing. The action is super low. Just what I wanted on a 157. Just started recording our new stuff, and it's coming along great. I'm playing it through that Sunn O))) Sonaro I got and it has an unbelievable tone. Couldn't have wished for anything better. I know you know this, but after owning this 157 I don't want anything else besides Heritage guitars. Nothing adds up in my opinion.

Brent I'm lovin' this thing. The action is super low. Just what I wanted on a 157. Just started recording our new stuff, and it's coming along great. I'm playing it through that Sunn O))) Sonaro I got and it has an unbelievable tone. Couldn't have wished for anything better. I know you know this, but after owning this 157 I don't want anything else besides Heritage guitars. Nothing adds up in my opinion.

that is great to hear Derek!!

post some pics of you and the band and the 157 when you get a chance

I know you know this, but after owning this 157 I don't want anything else besides Heritage guitars. Nothing adds up in my opinion.

That is a very common sentiment for first time Heritage owners. And ... yeah, some long time owners as well. :wink: I do wish, however, that they did something in the S/T range with current production. Even if it were limited editions.

I know you know this, but after owning this 157 I don't want anything else besides Heritage guitars. Nothing adds up in my opinion.

Hahaha............  I have heard this before, from my own mouth as well as others.  :wink:

... I do wish, however, that they did something in the S/T range with current production. Even if it were limited editions.

Like maybe a cherry red "Hericaster" (tele-like, that is) w/maple neck (gun/vintage tint), light choice ash body, might as well use t-pickups from Lollar...

That's a great idea!  Someone pass that along to Parson's street and get 'em working on that.  8)

Like maybe a cherry red "Hericaster" (tele-like, that is) w/maple neck (gun/vintage tint), light choice ash body, might as well use t-pickups from Lollar...

That's a great idea!  Someone pass that along to Parson's street and get 'em working on that. 8)

That's just sick !

... I like it  :afro:

The stat, 160, etc versions are cool guitars in their own right.  They seem to lean a bit more towards 'shredder' style in the Jackson or Ibanez type approach.  Certainly seems rooted in a strat-like design, just evolved and more modern.  Someday I'll add one/some of these to the collection just 'cause they're cool. 

Still like the idea of a 'traditional' t-like guitar.  I know it probably doesn't make sense - it's not in the Heritage lineage, their foray into single coil leo-like designs haven't fared as well as the gibby based designs, and there's certainly plenty of these leo-style guitars in the market today (shoot, what is there, 237 tele models by fender alone...    :)    But still, a handmade, good wood, good sounding Hericaster would be so cool...  8)  Maybe even one w/P90s for our own HOC P90 crazed individual...

Thanks Shook....shouldnt you be helping your wife, not on the HOC? :P :-X ;D

Thanks MRG!!!!

it depends on the model it came off of and the model it is going on to....i have swapped some with no issues and i have had some that are not ewven close!...but then there are the exceptions  :)

Thanks. I feel a little guilty for asking this, but I really want to replace my H-150's pickguard and toggle switch's washer with Gibson-style ones. I've seen some aftermarket ones that were cheap, and of course the original Gibson ones. Which ones will fit best?

Thanks. I feel a little guilty for asking this, but I really want to replace my H-150's pickguard and toggle switch's washer with Gibson-style ones. I've seen some aftermarket ones that were cheap, and of course the original Gibson ones. Which ones will fit best?

i dont really remember, its kinda like a crap shoot :)

FYI, the cheapo I got off the 'bay for my LPS didn't even fit that guitar.  >:D

O.k. I ordered original Gibby's pickguard and washer from Darren Riley's Guitar & Amp Shop online. He had a decent price. I'll let you guys know of the results. BTW, what kind of tool do I need to unscrew the original Heritage washer?

Archived