Heritage Owners Club

New guy with a new gold top

sscandyman

Playing a G#!#*, wearing a fender shirt, and a water bottle in his beer holder....

Dear Lord, please help this poor misguided soul find his way. He is very lost and needs your guidance!!

Not to mention the fact he's using the middle position....  Come on, Randy!  Can't you commit to anything?  :wink:  Oh, yeah, and welcome to the fray, sscandyman!  At $1000 an ounce, I can't afford gold....

Not to mention the fact he's using the middle position....  Come on, Randy!  Can't you commit to anything?   :wink: 

I got a middle something here I'm about to commit to ya...  8)

yeah the dings dont bother me a bit, the only problem i have with it at this point is looks like the hole for the pickguard was misdrilled so i have an extra hole showing.i just gotta get around to getting some  creme pickguard material and bustin out the bandsaw 

I didn't see the extra hole on the pickguard (I'm not as observant as most 'round here...).  Doesn't detract from the overall look - yours has that Heritage really nice lush goldtop finish.  Nice choice on the pickup swap.  What amp do you play through?  By the way, +1 for an excellent first post - you evidently hung around enough to know to include the pic!  :)

yeah ive been lurking here for a bit  :) what fun is post about a new guitar without a pic... without pics and clips what would fuel our gas?!??!?  amp wise im using a musicman 130 head and matching 4x12 cab friggin love musicman!  the second hole in the pickguard really isnt a big deal it just sets off my OCD  :P

Howdie all new heritage owner here, im a long time G&L fan who decided to get himslef a G-brand. while on a trip to Austin Tx. i played about every paul in the town and ended up being highly unimpressed with their quality so i ended up getting myself a H-150.

G&L and Heritage are a great combo!  Welcome aboard. 

You mentioned your Music Man amp: my latest gigging amp of choice (especially where space is limited) is a heavily refurbished 130HD with two 10" speakers.  That baby is dynamite!

That'd be a middle eight, right?  (Serve and volley.... you're up!)     :wink:

...  Well, okay...    >:D    (apologies, sscandyman - we don't usually go this far astray...)

A North Carolina guitarist dies and is quite please to find that he ends up standing before the pearly gates of Guitar Heaven.  St. Peter shows him in, and gives him a guided tour. 

"This is Chet Atkins room here..." says Peter, and the guitarist is saying "Wow! Chet Atkins!"  "And this is Rem Wall's room here and Marcel Dadi's is over there..." and the N.C. Guitarist is totally in awe.

Finally Peter shows the guitarist to his own room.  Before Peter leaves, he says to him, "I have to ask. Is Slater here?"  Peter shakes his head sadly and says "I'm afraid he needed to... spend time in Pergatory.  But he'll be along soon enough." 

The guitarist is disappointed but goes to his room and tries to get some sleep.  He's woken up in the middle of the night by someone playing - a Heritage Guitar - and it sounds just like Slater.  He presses his ear to the wall, and listens more closely. Someone in the next room was now playing... it can't be .... a custom made Heritage Super Eagle w/P90s!.  The N.C. guitarist is confused as it sounds so much like Slater.  The next day he tells Peter that he is almost certain that Slater is in the next room.

Peter pulls him to one side, and whispers into his ear, "Shhh.... don't tell anyone. That's God.  He thinks he's Slater"

;D ;D ;D ;D

Both pickguards are "Gibson" brand aftermarket pickguards. One for the humbuckers and and one for p-90s.

My thought is that pre-1984 guitars coming out of Parsons St Kalamazoo used that shape pickguard, and since Gibson packed up and left, why should I change the shape of the pickguard because THEY left. My Heritages are more Gibson to me than the new mass produced Gibbys made in Nashville, so I choose to leave the "original" pickguards on the "Original" guitars still made at Parsons St in K-zoo.

Thanks for the info!  :)

...   Well, okay...    >:D    (apologies, sscandyman - we don't usually go this far astray...)

A North Carolina guitarist dies and is quite please to find that he ends up standing before the pearly gates of Guitar Heaven.  St. Peter shows him in, and gives him a guided tour.   

"This is Chet Atkins room here..." says Peter, and the guitarist is saying "Wow! Chet Atkins!"  "And this is Rem Wall's room here and Marcel Dadi's is over there..." and the N.C. Guitarist is totally in awe.

Finally Peter shows the guitarist to his own room.  Before Peter leaves, he says to him, "I have to ask. Is Slater here?"  Peter shakes his head sadly and says "I'm afraid he needed to... spend time in Pergatory.  But he'll be along soon enough." 

The guitarist is disappointed but goes to his room and tries to get some sleep.  He's woken up in the middle of the night by someone playing - a Heritage Guitar - and it sounds just like Slater.  He presses his ear to the wall, and listens more closely. Someone in the next room was now playing... it can't be .... a custom made Heritage Super Eagle w/P90s!.  The N.C. guitarist is confused as it sounds so much like Slater.  The next day he tells Peter that he is almost certain that Slater is in the next room.

Peter pulls him to one side, and whispers into his ear, "Shhh.... don't tell anyone. That's God.  He thinks he's Slater"

;D ;D ;D ;D

Reminds me of a golf joke...only in that one God thinks he's Tiger Woods.

Archived