Heritage Owners Club

New guy with a new gold top

sscandyman

Howdie all new heritage owner here, im a long time G&L fan who decided to get himslef a G-brand. while on a trip to Austin Tx. i played about every paul in the town and ended up being highly unimpressed with their quality so i ended up getting myself a H-150.

width=600 height=450http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu98/sscandyman/026.jpg[/img]

got it in my hands and it played great and sounded good but thought it could sound better so i swapped out the schaller pup's for some burstbuckers , threw on a tone pros bridge and she plays as good as she sounds!  anyway been a lurker here for awhile and since i am now an official heritage owner figured id finally post and say hey !  :P

Fantastic! do we have a secret handshake or mebbe decoder rings ?!?!?   ;D

No, we just have safely invested in gold. Congrats & welcome aboard.

th__DSC2182web.jpg

Click to enlarge

well thanks for the warm welcome all. im not sure how good of an investment my GT is. got some healthy dings on her face, but the price was right and i just love that classic gold !  good investment or not doesn't really matter since i dont see her going anywhere any time soon.

well thanks for the warm welcome all. im not sure how good of an investment my GT is. got some healthy dings on her face, but the price was right and i just love that classic gold !  good investment or not doesn't really matter since i dont see her going anywhere any time soon.

I was kind of referring to the fact that investing in "real" gold is a safer investment now a days (just kind of my poor attempt at humor comparing real gold to a gold top finish). No GT finishes are no more valuable than other Heritage finishes but they sure are pretty.

Hey Kuz, was the pickguard on the one on the left an original Gibson or an aftermarket one? Thanks!

Both pickguards are "Gibson" brand aftermarket pickguards. One for the humbuckers and and one for p-90s.

My thought is that pre-1984 guitars coming out of Parsons St Kalamazoo used that shape pickguard, and since Gibson packed up and left, why should I change the shape of the pickguard because THEY left. My Heritages are more Gibson to me than the new mass produced Gibbys made in Nashville, so I choose to leave the "original" pickguards on the "Original" guitars still made at Parsons St in K-zoo.

Dings on her face?  PERFECT!  Just memories from many a good nights playing.  Welcome to the club! 

welcome to the Gold Top Club! I found my 2002 last year, love it! And only 9lbs 2 oz. I put '57 classics in, it came with HRWs (I know...blasphemy!) but they were too "Jazzy" for me. Changed out the Grovers to Grover tulip Deluxes, and did the Faber tone lock/aluminum bridge.

width=241 height=480http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2142/2292445/19281588/351792187.jpg[/img]

That's a dang puuurrrty geetar!  There's GOLD in them there curves!  Nice story on the journey to finding it, too.  Welcome.  Wow, some gorgeous GTs here.  I'm a goldtop member, too, and it's a Parson's St guitar, but not as pretty as it's been thru some times...  umm... the headstock has some other name on it, too    8)

width=400 height=480http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh237/fxdx99/mewithlp.jpg[/img]

Hey, what's that water bottle doing in your beer holder?! >:D

...  I wasn't channeling Betts THAT much  :-X    :rolleyes:

btw - those swirly gigs are one of the best little accessories!

Playing a G#!#*, wearing a fender shirt, and a water bottle in his beer holder....

Dear Lord, please help this poor misguided soul find his way. He is very lost and needs your guidance!!

Yikes!  You guys are WAY too observant    8)    But you're not far off the mark on needing guidance...    :rolleyes:

Judging by the short sleeves, it must have been near the end of ice fishing season, eh, Randy?

;D ;D  Was only 4 below on the way to work today - a veritable heat wave.  Spring is here!!! 

yeah the dings dont bother me a bit, the only problem i have with it at this point is looks like the hole for the pickguard was misdrilled so i have an extra hole showing.i just gotta get around to getting some  creme pickguard material and bustin out the bandsaw  :)

Archived