Heritage Owners Club

So... I am to get a 1991 H140

barrymclark

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a very pretty guitar. Never played a guitar with 3 Humbuckers. Wonder what that sounds like with all 3 going at once? Hey, you could wire up a super switch to put them babies out of phase like on a Strat. How cool would that be?

Had I kept this guitar, I would have rewired it ala the Frampton 3 pickup wiring wherin the 3-way switch works as standard, and the middle pickup is wired to a pot...so each pickup has a VOL control, and then there is (1) Tone control, and the 3way works as it would (nec, both, bridge) and you can 'dial in' the middle P/U for wide ranging tone possibilites (with the 3way switching) - congrats Barry - you made me think twice about  selling it today!!  You better not tempt me again!  Hee-Hee  >:D

Had I kept this guitar, I would have rewired it ala the Frampton 3 pickup wiring wherin the 3-way switch works as standard, and the middle pickup is wired to a pot...so each pickup has a VOL control, and then there is (1) Tone control, and the 3way works as it would (nec, both, bridge) and you can 'dial in' the middle P/U for wide ranging tone possibilites (with the 3way switching) - congrats Barry - you made me think twice about  selling it today!!  You better not tempt me again!  Hee-Hee   >:D
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I already have a name picked out for him and a place to sleep. I have clothes waiting in the closet... and tickets to our first hockey game together!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

i just looked at the pic again...its double blacks...ddduuhh...if they were double cremes, i wouldnt cover them :P
I agree. If they were double cremes... I wouldn't. That would look pretty good. ;) But... double blacks gettin the nickel covers. :D

I wonder if I can get a tinted super glue to fix those pickup rings. Any ideas?

I would like to keep the original ones if possible. That way, all the plastic bits have a similar aged look. :D

Which would look better, a cheesey glue job or ones that no one will notice a difference in color once they see they are creme?

Which would look better, a cheesey glue job or ones that no one will notice a difference in color once they see they are creme?
Probably right. No good way to glue them up, huh? If not... then replacement might be the only real option there.

Don't do a cheesy glue job - do a clean, solid glue job.  Easy!  :)
Mongo fix with hammer and glue gun... and glitter.

I got a luthier buddy. I will get with him and see what he thinks. The man has repaired some guitars I thought were better off as firewood as well as their plastic or inlay parts. :D

So... we shall see. I am going out there anyways in a couple of weeks to take him more Gretsch parts. Hopefully I will have the Heritage in hand to take to him and let him look see. I will let everyone know.

I glued the pickup surround on my Les Paul standard many moons ago, with superglue.

width=360 height=480http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/SouthpawGuy/Gibson%20Les%20Paul/LP4.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/SouthpawGuy/Gibson%20Les%20Paul/LP3.jpg[/img]

Neck pickup,  (the side to the rear).

I think I might have used a small piece of plastic as a stiffener.

Barry - my suggestion to you was the same as SouthPaws : superglue.
I know it. Just checking options within that. Didn't now if there was a tinted glue or epoxy that would hide the crack even further. I will honestly just have to look at it and see when it arrives.

I know it. Just checking options within that. Didn't now if there was a tinted glue or epoxy that would hide the crack even further. I will honestly just have to look at it and see when it arrives.

Don't glue the outside of it, just the inside.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUMBUCKER-PICKUP-COVER...1QQcmdZViewItem

Covers...Don't have to solder them.  You do have to extend the pole screws above the shield surface and then back them back in otherwise the cover will slip away from the bobbins.

I just got a set for my blue.

Just ordered a trio! Thanks for showing me this! I am way pumped about how this will look!

Archived