Heritage Owners Club

So... I am to get a 1991 H140

barrymclark

Pretty pumped about it.

Anyways, the pickup rings are cracked. Now, these are Schallers from what I see and have the four adjuster screws in the ring.

First question is this, how do I go about replacing them without killing the guitar's value any... or will it matter?

The other one is, I would love to see this thing with nickel pickup covers, how do I go about that without killing the guitar's value?

Have the factory do it?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barry you need at least three HOC members to appraise that 140's value before we could answer your questions.

Send it the Brentrocks for the mojo & tone report, Kuz for the pickup evaluation and GArt for the aesthetics.

the rings are not a big deal....you are not gonna kill the value by swapping those out

i agree about the nickel covers, i think it would really give that 140 a cool look.  i'm not exactly sure where you would get them though?  the double cremes look pretty sweet though ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/HUMBUCKER-PICKUP-COVER...1QQcmdZViewItem

Covers...Don't have to solder them.  You do have to extend the pole screws above the shield surface and then back them back in otherwise the cover will slip away from the bobbins.

I just got a set for my blue.

Pics? Did yours have the Schallers?

the rings are not a big deal....you are not gonna kill the value by swapping those out

i agree about the nickel covers, i think it would really give that 140 a cool look.   i'm not exactly sure where you would get them though?  the double cremes look pretty sweet though ;D

What of having block inlays done? Best to send to Heritage or does it matter?

What of having block inlays done? Best to send to Heritage or does it matter?
you will need to have a new fretboard installed...i suggest leaving it as it is......you can have blocks done on the same fretboard, but it will be VERY expensive. .....maybe $300?

you will need to have a new fretboard installed...i suggest leaving it as it is......you can have blocks done on the same fretboard, but it will be VERY expensive. .....maybe $300?
I figured on having it done on the same board. $300 is what I figured on so.. if that is the case.. ok.

Will it kill the value of the guitar? What if done by Heritage?

I figured on having it done on the same board. $300 is what I figured on so.. if that is the case.. ok.

Will it kill the value of the guitar? What if done by Heritage?

i dont know if Heritage would do it? (i'm thinking not)  if i were going to do it, i would take it to Pete Moreno, he did my silverbursts.  i almost did what you are wanting to do to a H 150 P goldtop...but then pete told me how much it was going to cost and i quickly changed my mind ;D

i will call pete and double check on that price and if you want, i will put you in contact w/ pete...maybe he can help you?

I have got a close buddy who does luthiery. My main concern is how much the inlay work might kill the value of the guitar.

if the work is done in a clean, quality fashion....i think you have nothing to worry about ;D

Isnt it great to see a new Heritage owner hop around like a kid on X-mas morning? ;D

I'm really happy for ya Barry...that is gonna be a nice axe!!!!

My birthday is actually next month.. and what a birthday it will be.

Electric Upright Bass. Vox amp. Now a Heritage. Getting my Gretsch 6120 back shortly. Kid will be born a couple of weeks after the birthday....

I mean wow. What a busy couple of months. :D

My birthday is actually next month.. and what a birthday it will be.

Electric Upright Bass. Vox amp. Now a Heritage. Getting my Gretsch 6120 back shortly. Kid will be born a couple of weeks after the birthday....

I mean wow. What a busy couple of months. :D

DDAANNGGG!!!

you do have a lot to be happy about....early congrats on the kid!

I may be way off base here but I would think it wouldn't be too much more money to just replace the fret board entirely and you would get the added benefit of planing the neck and leveling the entire board to perfect status, you can get whatever quality rosewood you want, and end up with a supremely playing guitar. Just my two cents.. on a guitar this age if its been played you would be looking at a refret eventually so it wouldn't be the end of the world to get it done this way.

I can't believe this hasn't been done yet, but;

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

Congrats Barry!   ;D

it is a beautiful trans blue 140....look in the for sale section

Archived