Heritage Owners Club

1993 Heritage Catalogue -some surprises for sure

Kazwell

1993 Heritage Catalogue currenlty for sale on E-Bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Heritage-Guitar-Bass-C...bayphotohosting

Some real surprises for sure. Check out the H-127. Nice photo of the H-357. The "Mark Slaughter Rock" has sort of that Minarik / Fernandes Ravelle vibe going on.  Also various basses, acoustics and even banjos and madolins.

See the pics I posted below.

Heritage93-9.jpg

Heritage93-9.jpg_thumb

Heritage93-10.jpg

Heritage93-10.jpg_thumb

Heritage93-2.jpg

Heritage93-2.jpg_thumb

Heritage93-11.jpg

Heritage93-11.jpg_thumb

Kazwell ......

I presume you know that you can download the '93 and '89 catalogues in pdf format from the Heritage website home page ?

http://www.heritageguitar.com/home.htm

Scroll right down to the bottom of the page.

I downloaded all of the pdfs myself and they are a great read, especially the "Heritage Guitars 161 pdf" (top left of the page)

Didn't know. Oooops.  No wonder no one else replied. At least folks can download these now as JPEGS. Yeah, thats it, I wanted to make the converted file format available to all of us folks in the know.

Jeez, what an embarrasment my parents raised. :-[ :'(

Those catalogue shots reminded me of my first awareness with The Heritage Guitars.  I studied every word and photo in that old pamplet back in the early 90's.  Yes, the grainy black and white photos, poorly posed color product shots and stiff owner shots looked like they were done as a high school yearbook committee...but man, those handmade guitars!!  That's what Heritage is all about.  :) 

I guess I was psyched about this because it relates to quite a few posts I have seen in recent weeks. For one, I know there was the post about  Minarik guitars in the family tree section-thats why I cited the "Mark Slaughter Rock" guitar. There was a posting also regarding how maybe Heritage should break from the traditional mold of past Gibsons. There are definately examples for better or worse in some of these pages. Also, there are questions aksed from time to time which are most probably answered by some of you fine folks referencing the web page's PDF catalogues as to whether Heritage ever made basses or acoustics.

Just trying to offer some substantive material here to educate and stimulate.

Now I am jonesin for one of them fine banjos. AI bet you guys remember Shakey's pizza. Oh yeah good pizza they DID have. And them banjo players pickin along to the slides displaying the words to songs like "Moonlight Bay" and "Has Anybody Seen My Gal?"  waaaaaaay before Karaoke.

My theory is that they went out of business due to a shortage of banjo pickers. How did I get on this subject? Better get some............sleeeeeeeeeee      p................

What memories these pages bring back every time I look at them in the .pdf files I downloaded from Heritage.....and now your jpegs Kaz.  I had this catalog and I think an earlier one.  Mr. Walker, who owned the music store I did business with took care of his people.  They also made "Corder Drums" in the back.  One day I walked into his store and he wouldn't let me leave until I had bought the Heritage acoustic.  One of his people even blocked the door.  He told me, "Ron, you might not think so now but you will be glad you bought this guitar when you are older."  He was right. 

He sold me 3 heritages.  89' or 90'Black 150, ASB 535 and the acoustic 445.  He sold my buddy an old fashioned sunburst 150 "Special."  Another guy a huge beautiful custom Corder drum set and all kinds of other gear.  We estimated that he sold all of us combined, near $1000 per year between 1984 and 1998. 

I am think about selling two of my guitars to get a fat boy Heritage of some type.  Yesterday when I was looking for the warranty card for the 96' 535 I also found the receipt.  Mr. Walker wrote this receipt for me when I picked up the guitar.  He is getting really old now.  I will always keep that receipt since it was written by his hand. 

This is him on the mandolin.  (hold on to your wallet when you look at this photo because he has an uncanny way of getting money out of you.)  ;)    http://home.hiwaay.net/~rlwarren/burrit/crw_7036l_std.jpg

[ I had this catalog and I think an earlier one.  Mr. Walker, who owned the music store I did business with took care of his people.  They also made "Corder Drums" in the back.  One day I walked into his store and he wouldn't let me leave until I had bought the Heritage acoustic.  One of his people even blocked the door.  He told me, "Ron, you might not think so now but you will be glad you bought this guitar when you are older."  He was right. He sold me 3 heritages.  89' or 90'Black 150, ASB 535 and the acoustic 445.  He sold my buddy an old fashioned sunburst 150 "Special."  Another guy a huge beautiful custom Corder drum set and all kinds of other gear.  We estimated that he sold all of us combined, near $1000 per year between 1984 and 1998. 

I am think about selling two of my guitars to get a fat boy Heritage of some type.  Yesterday when I was looking for the warranty card for the 96' 535 I also found the receipt.  Mr. Walker wrote this receipt for me when I picked up the guitar.  He is getting really old now.  I will always keep that receipt since it was written by his hand. /quote]

Glad I was able to prod some good memories there High Flying Bird. Doubt we will ever hear a GC customer relating anything like this. A good example of the "ma and pa" being just as or more successful at selling than the types they hire at GC.

Glad I was able to prod some good memories there High Flying Bird. Doubt we will ever hear a GC customer relating anything like this. A good example of the "ma and pa" being just as or more successful at selling than the types they hire at GC.

Archived