Heritage Owners Club

HOT NEWS FROM JAY!

Thundersteel

I would love the fact that some of the guys who own Heritage Guitars visit this site and read some of our opinions and "obsessoins", hell, it would be good business for them.  I own 5 Heritage guitars, and can see myself owning more, if I were a Heritage company owner,  I would visit this site everyday and see what were are talking about!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent Jay an inquiry about my order on Wednesday, knowing Margol would be there Thursday and Friday.  Jay has never taken more than twelve hours or so to respond to an inquiry.  I still haven't heard from him.  I'm thinking he had his hands full....

NAMM was last weekend, and if it's anything like the last couple of NAMM shows I was at Jay was at the Heritage booth all four days.  He may have taken some extra time off, or may just be relaxing after spending four days at NAMM.

I just asked Jay how the meeting with Vince went, and this is what he told me:

"I handed Vince your comments & he took them with him. I appreciate your taking the time to do that. He’s a very nice guy & seems determined to keep Heritage small and in Kalamazoo. He understands the value of hand crafting them in the Parsons st shop, with Kalamazoojians involved. He loves that “Heritage” and seems ready to defend it. I feel good about our meeting."

Let's hope for the best!

One thing you guys who aren't from the Great Lake State need to understand...those folks over on the west side of "The Mitten" are seriously intense people.  In Kalamazoo, for instance, there was urban flight (if you call Kalamazoo urban), the schools were crumbling, businesses were failing, the tax base was evaporating.  Some very wealthy and forward thinking men got together and created The Kalamzoo Promise.  My understanding of it is that any child who graduates from the K'zoo Public School system will get their college education paid for, pro-rated based on number of years in the KPS system (K-12 == 100%).  All of a sudden, K'zoo is a booming place.  People are moving there in (for Michigan) droves.  Hell, *I'm* thinking of moving there!

If Margols continues the strong tradition that the founders of Heritage carry, we're all golden.

Dick~ That is a fantastic program!!!  It just goes to show that people need to take their future (and their kid's future) into their own hands and not depend on or wait for the government (can you spell Katrina?) to help out. 

I've heard of similar programs for college scholarships, and interestingly, all are East of the Mississippi.

I just asked Jay how the meeting with Vince went, and this is what he told me:

"I handed Vince your comments & he took them with him. I appreciate your taking the time to do that. He’s a very nice guy & seems determined to keep Heritage small and in Kalamazoo. He understands the value of hand crafting them in the Parsons st shop, with Kalamazoojians involved. He loves that “Heritage” and seems ready to defend it. I feel good about our meeting."

Let's hope for the best!

Hope is right--this seems very measured to me.  I have to wonder why the idea of keeping "Heritage small and in Kalamazoo" is even in play.  Is this a response to an idea to make lots more guitars somewhere else?  China? 

It's great that Jay can help keep these guys informed what people like most about these guitars.

This all sounds great but what I've heard is that very little has changed SV (since Vince). The website is a joke and diminishes the brand even more than it already has been. One of their longtime dealers says they don't even call back when an expensive model is ordered. He still is waiting for a 1996 order. So, this is a bad sign.

This all sounds great but what I've heard is that very little has changed SV (since Vince). The website is a joke and diminishes the brand even more than it already has been. One of their longtime dealers says they don't even call back when an expensive model is ordered. He still is waiting for a 1996 order. So, this is a bad sign.

I find that hard to believe. Are you prepared to name the dealer ? To paraphrase :uwp: , this post is useless without confirmation.

...but what I've heard is that very little has changed SV (since Vince). The website is a joke and diminishes the brand even more than it already has been. One of their longtime dealers says they don't even call back when an expensive model is ordered. He still is waiting for a 1996 order. So, this is a bad sign.

Whoa, fellas.  What I'd like to do, as someone with a pretty high-dollar guitar on order, is this.  Rather than smite him for heresy, I'd like to invite Jim Gus to elaborate on his posting.  To wit: What, specifically, have you heard from whom, as the source of this heresay? To your understanding, what is Vince Margol's role at Heritage?  What would you have expected to change, and why would you have expected Vince to have an effect on that?  I think a thoughtful characterization of Heritage's website would consist of what it is not and should be, rather than what it is, and in what sense is it a "joke"?  Check this forum on the topic of Heritage's website.  No one here is laughing.  Website notwithstanding, in what way(s) has the brand been "diminished"?  And yes, which dealer has been waiting eleven years for a guitar?  I've ordered a very expensive model, ten months ago, and I've received a phone call from no one; don't expect to until it's delivered to Jay!  But you can know that when I think it's time for completion of my order, I will, as decorously as I may, knock that first domino over and expect resolution of my order well before ten years is up!  I don't buy vintage instruments....  Jim Gus...ball's in your court, my friend.

Whoa, fellas.  What I'd like to do, as someone with a pretty high-dollar guitar on order, is this.  Rather than smite him for heresy, I'd like to invite Jim Gus to elaborate on his posting.  To wit: What, specifically, have you heard from whom, as the source of this heresay? To your understanding, what is Vince Margol's role at Heritage?  What would you have expected to change, and why would you have expected Vince to have an effect on that?  I think a thoughtful characterization of Heritage's website would consist of what it is not and should be, rather than what it is, and in what sense is it a "joke"?  Check this forum on the topic of Heritage's website.  No one here is laughing.  Website notwithstanding, in what way(s) has the brand been "diminished"?  And yes, which dealer has been waiting eleven years for a guitar?  I've ordered a very expensive model, ten months ago, and I've received a phone call from no one; don't expect to until it's delivered to Jay!  But you can know that when I think it's time for completion of my order, I will, as decorously as I may, knock that first domino over and expect resolution of my order well before ten years is up!  I don't buy vintage instruments....  Jim Gus...ball's in your court, my friend.

Very nice. Let's share info before the barbecue.

And one last thing. For everyone wanting "improved" hardware, locking tuners, ect. realize that means an evermore higher priced guitar. I am quite happy with the options Heritage gives now (They can alway strive to improve on QC, that costs very little). If you want that extra stuff on your guitar just update it later at your cost, like many others have. I don't want Heritage to give an excuse to jack up the cost on things I see as unnecessary.

Not calling anyone out, just giving my .02 on cost control. :)

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proofs?  I'm down with that.  And I also don't think excoriating Jim Gus is productive or conducive to getting details and further information.  I would be interested in finding out why a dealer would let an order float for 11 years, and whether or not they ordered other guitars from Heritage during that time.

Archived