Heritage Owners Club

535 with P90s

pcovers

Jay is usually pretty up to date with his Gbase listings and he doesn't have one there yet. I'll give him a call on Monday and see if he has one.

I should have been thinking H530, instead of 535, Wolfe does have the 530.

If you want a 535 p-90 (like I have - ha ha ) then YOU WILL have to order one. I haven't seen any delaers stock them. Wolfe had a 530 when I looked a couple weeks ago but they never have had a 535 p-90. Since Jay said he designed the 530 (like the 525) he is probably more likely to only stock the 530.

If you want a 535 p-90 (like I have - ha ha ) then YOU WILL have to order one. I haven't seen any delaers stock them. Wolfe had a 530 when I looked a couple weeks ago but they never have had a 535 p-90. Since Jay said he designed the 530 (like the 525) he is probably more likely to only stock the 530.

Know what the difference is between 530 and 535?

Is there much of a difference in tone between Phat Cats and the dog-ear

P-90s ? I'm not crazy about the looks of the black dog-ear pickups but

they seem more popular than the Phat Cats.

Phat cats sound really good, but from what I understand they are not a real p-90 pickup but a humbucker voiced (and size of a humbucker) to sound like a p-90.

To my ears their is a slight difference in favor of the real p-90s, but it is very close.

But where is the love for the dog ear's good looks?

Are you saying these guitars are ugly?!!! :icon_salut:

Photo6_8dda1-Original.jpg

MYPreciousjpg.jpg

Phat Cats are single coil.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/elec...ph901_phat_cat/

The main drawback of dogears is that adjusting them for height from the strings is a hassle.

Both sounds good.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification.

True about the adjustment with the dog-ears. You need to have the shim underneath to be pretty accurate. You can raise and lower the pole pieces for some more fine tuning of output.

Kuz, what is the fretboard wood on your 535? Looks like brazilian or madagascar.

Just an incredible looking piece of Indian Rosewood (or at least that is what it is supposed to be). I often gaze at her transfixed and it definately is not madagascar. Again, I think it is just a highly figured Indian rosewood.

But where is the love for the dog ear's good looks?

Are you saying these guitars are ugly?!!!

Not ugly. But I find they look sort of "added on" whereas humbuckers look more built-in.

Maybe I'm just too used to a 535/335 having humbuckers.

Not to hijack this thread, but since the question of Phat Cats has been raised...they are a very good alternative to purchasing a whole new P90-loaded gitfiddle. There is no way to not love Kuz's gorgeous H535 P90! (I never tire of looking at that guitar!) But on my budget, the Phat Cat pickup option works.

The tone is definitely not authentic P90, but IS a very phat sounding single coil. They are voiced somewhere between a high quality humbucker and single coil, leaning a tad more towards the humbucker. Other benefits are that they fit into a standard humbucker guitar and are as adjustable as any other humbucker. When playing in a live situation, it is hard to tell if it is a 'real' P90 or these very sweet sounding Phat Cats.

I have a set in this H535 and the tone is to die for!

heritageh535alv7.jpg

Archived