Heritage Owners Club

October 1992 - Heritage article - Gitarre und Bass - Germany

Xstian67

Hi,

I just found this article in the german magazine "Gitarre und Bass", october 1992.

It is rather interesting... Interview with Bill Page, JP Moates...

As I'm sure you speak german...

(did you know that 40 % of the american people have german blood in their veins...?)

(I send the files in 3 posts...)

PART 1

Best regards,

Christian.

HeritGB1.jpg

HeritGB1.jpg_thumb

HeritGB2.jpg

HeritGB2.jpg_thumb

(did you know that 40 % of the american people have german blood in their veins...?)

Perhaps my friend. But, as you know, a good number of them spilled that "German blood" all over Europe sixty plus years ago to help preserve everyone's "heritage". ;)

I wrote...

Kazwell answered...

Perhaps my friend. But, as you know, a good number of them spilled that "German blood" all over Europe sixty plus years ago to help preserve everyone's "heritage".

I reply...

I want you all to know that sixty years later, every one here in Europe is still aware of that,

and I have to say that we definitely owe our freedom to american people. And that's why we've

always made the difference between american people and your american leader.

OK, we should talk about guitars on this forum, but I couldn't stay without answering to this post,

and I really had to make this statement.

Best regards,

Christian.

reply...

I want you all to know that sixty years later, every one here in Europe is still aware of that,

and I have to say that we definitely owe our freedom to american people. And that's why we've

always made the difference between american people and your american leader.

OK, we should talk about guitars on this forum, but I couldn't stay without answering to this post,

and I really had to make this statement.

Best regards,

Christian.

No wars here my European brother. All I was trying to say was that blood is something that transcends nationalistic boundries. Even years ago, American folks with German blood in their viens chose to fight in the land of their forefathers for a bigger ideal that involved everyone in this world. YES, this is a forum about guitars which is why I felt maybe it wasn't a great idea to assume since Americans have 40% German blood in our viens that we automatically speak German. Sure, the German heritage is a proud and in many ways an ingenius one that brought to this country a sense a pride in craftsmanship and technology that affects each of us in our everyday lives.

Perhaps there was something lost in the translation from both ends here, as the last thing I want to do is cause an international crises between peace loving musicians. As a matter of fact I referenced you in the Family Tree section last night stating I was moved so much by your recommendations for Bill Lawrence PU's in your new jazz box that I placed an order for a 500C and 500L.

So with that, I am looking forward to receiving these, installing them and hearing what they sound like. If they don't exceed the tone quality of the Seth Lovers, then they'll be a REAL crises!!! ;) ;D

BTW, Bill Lawrence is from Germany.

PEACE

franceE_3.gifusaCa.gifgermanyf2t11x.gif

And Xstian isn't even a German himself, I understand?!

jacques, I know your English is good enough to realize I meant no ill will. I was just trying to make a point that I thought was the opposite of ill will. I think it is a great privilage to take advantage of the www and truly converse with people ALL over the world. Music is universal. I have no intention of alienating anyone, my fear was that somehow my words were mistranslated by Christian.

Guitar discussions and music in general remain 'safe harbor' for people around this small planet to discuss, agree, disagree, argue, debate and laugh about.  But toss in race, religion, politics or national origins and things can quickly get misunderstood and deteriorate into a murky abyss.

I'm sure no harm, ethnocentrism or disrespect was intended by anyone in this thread.  Also, if we were all sitting around the local pub chatting about guitars, and the discussion drifted a bit, as was the case here, I'd bet a pint of Guiness (or whatever your libation) that we'd soon return to laughing and talking about guitars and why we love our Heritages so much. 

Peace ya'll.  8)

I just found this article in the german magazine "Gitarre und Bass", october 1992.

Merci Christian, Il y a ici des gens d'origines tres diverses, mais je suis d'accord que l'influence allemande est tres forte.

Salutations "corde"-iales. ("Stringy" greetings)

Windstring

Now I lost a Karma point?  ??? By trying to make nice with people?!!!! I was just saying the Americans with German blood fought against evil and didn't put their own bloodlines into the equation in the name of freedom. I did this because in the end it tied the word "heritage" into sentence hence meaning that in the end, it's about the guitar and our "heritage" now is music. Maybe I didn't make it clear. I didn't say Heritage was bigger than Jesus-is this 1966?

AND I LOSE A KARMA POINT? No Im not bitter. I learned a good lesson.  >:(

Archived