Heritage Owners Club

H-530

skydog52

Didn't see any at PSP2, but my pusher has one. I'll play it next week. I am stuck in training for a week.

Didn't see any at PSP2, but my pusher has one. I'll play it next week. I am stuck in training for a week.

Thanks Kuz. You are a true gentleman. :lol:

skydog52 ....

Have you seen these clips of the 530 in action ?

Thanks SPG.

That sounded sweet. It sounded really great through that Bluesman amp.

I'm curious how it will sound compared to your H-535. Full hollow + Trapeze should make a bit of a difference. I'm torn between a 535 with Lollars and a Trapeze instead of stop tail or a 530 just like the one here:

I imagine the 530 coming close but falling short of my 525 (more hollow body tone) and coming close but falling short to my 535 with p-90s (more of the rockin' semi-hollow tone).

If you are playing louder with some grit, then the 535 with p-90s would be my choice.

If you are playing softer with a fat clean tone then the 525 would be my choice (although you can crand the gain for some tasty blues stuff as well with the 525)

The above 2 reasons is why I am not gasing for a 530, yet again I haven't played one yet!

If you are playing louder with some grit, then the 535 with p-90s would be my choice.

I'm all about louder with grit. :P I'm a bit concerned that a 530 would feed back as well. I'll likely go with the 535 but have a trapeze installed instead of a stop tailpiece.

I'm all about louder with grit. :huh: I'm a bit concerned that a 530 would feed back as well. I'll likely go with the 535 but have a trapeze installed instead of a stop tailpiece.

Why? Stoptails offer more sustain, and better stability.

If my '65 335 had a stoptail, I probably never would have sold her.

Why? Stoptails offer more sustain, and better stability.

If my '65 335 had a stoptail, I probably never would have sold her.

I've just always liked the trapeze look and feel (like a '65 335). Do you find the difference in tone that dramatic?

I've just always liked the trapeze look and feel (like a '65 335). Do you find the difference in tone that dramatic?

Yes, unless you like less sustain.

Yes, unless you like less sustain.

I wouldn't have though it would make that much difference. My H-550 rings like a bell, as did an ES-175 I used to have. I'll have to find a thinline with a trapeze somewhere and check it out first.

Remeber jazz cats (that usually use archtops with trap tail pieces) want note definiton and not as much sustain. Thus the reason for trap tail piece. Plus on a hollow body there is not block under the top to attach a stop tail to.

SO the trap tail piece was more a compromise for the construction of hollow bodies' lack of wooden block under neath the top, rather than a choice against the stop tail.

Remeber jazz cats (that usually use archtops with trap tail pieces) want note definiton and not as much sustain. Thus the reason for trap tail piece. Plus on a hollow body there is not block under the top to attach a stop tail to.

SO the trap tail piece was more a compromise for the construction of hollow bodies' lack of wooden block under neath the top, rather than a choice against the stop tail.

Great input Kuz. I have an H-555 that works well with blues and rock.

I ordered the H-530 for my interest in jazz tunes. We will see how

it works out. I've never been disappointed in anything from Heritage.

Fingers crossed :huh:

If I can get this much sustain along with note definition, I'll be OK with it:

Archived