Heritage Owners Club

Does some one in China makes Heritage-copys (H-555)?

Jorgen-Denmark

As a part of watching Heritages on ebay.com, I saw this H555 for sale.

The add from ebay.com states:

"The Heritage H-555, made in China, not USA!!!!"

Look for yourself: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...hlink:middle:us

Have any of you ever heard about a china copy?

From looking at the pictures it could fool me - especially the closeup of the headstock with The Heritage logo (this couldn't be legal).

I will contact the seller to hear more about where in China, they build that kind of stuff.  ???

Comments?

b7cc_3.jpg

b7cc_3.jpg_thumb

b606_3.jpg

b606_3.jpg_thumb

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly - this guy has made a very short announcing (14 hours, I think), and a very low ByMeNow price. It could be, that he has something to hide - but then again, ebay.com is not the best place to lay low when selling something of that kind.

I have posted a question about the h555/China relation, and hope to receive an answer real soon..

The Chinese have been putting up fake Gibsons on eBay for quite a while now.  Maybe they finally got shut down and so have switched to Heritage.  I'm glad the auction got pulled.  I wish ebay would just cancel their f#@$ing accounts.

For the records, I made a PDF-file and sent it along the email to Heritage Guitars.

I've received an answer from the guy, but it only stated, that I should be in a hurry and by the item. I think this guy is a private Swedish buyer who couldn't resist and felt for the temptation of getting a Heritage copy. He uses the right scandinavian vocals to pronounce my name in his answer (Jørgen, that is).

eBay CHINAHERITAGE.pdf

The logo looked wrong; and I've never seen a Heritage with a clear pickguard.

It's a good thing the list got pulled.

Why would anyone brag about it being "Made in China?" instead of "Made in USA?" I would think the opposite would be true.

I got a reply back form Vince on this issue today......

Hi Brent,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I have been on the road.  I am aware of this situation, and I am looking into options to deal with it.

Vince Margol

Heritage Guitars

The MOP on the headstock looks very sloppy.Not really that good a copy I dont think.At least it exists, they usually steal other folks listings!

Yeah, I just dropped by the HCC forum (Heritage Copy Club forum) and a big topic of dicussion was how they needed to improve QC at their Beijing factory ;)

Wow, impressive, guys!  I only now had the time to look at the pix, enlarging the one of the headstock.  Unenlarged, I thought, uh oh...the market flooded with Heritage knockoffs, and all that implies.  Having looked at the enlargement (and the resolution isn't great), I thought, what a Bogus Piece!  It has signs of being everything the real McCoy isn't: hurried, imprecise, shoddy materials.  A bit relieved, I was.  That guitar looks exactly like what it is!      :rolleyes:

Got an answer from this lucky go crazy guy, who placed the China wanna be thing on the ebay.com. He hasn't got a clue about the foolishness, he's been up to. He ordered the guitar from a Chinese rat farm called Musoland, which can provide you with sloppy copy's of almost everything, I think.

Sad if your only goal in life is to be a copycat ;-)

What's even worse - it seems like he's going to try again, unles someone hit's him hard.

Here is, what the man wrote:

"The guitar is not a official heritage product, its special ordered by me at a company named Musoland.(Check Harmony Central)

They custom make every kind of guitar, i did order this heritage just as a test, the quality is like an chinese epiphone dot.

Ebay did remove the guitar because of the counerfeit rules (You are not allowed to sell copies)

I was really surprised by the quality of the guitar but i didn't qiut like the shape of the neck (To thin for me) so i will try to sell this one and order another with the right neckshape (And maybe in sunburst)"

Why go through the effort of getting an inferior product if what you want is the real McCoy?  The argument can't be "I want a Heritage but I only want to pay $400" because you aren't buying a Heritage.  Knowing that you aren't buying the real McCoy, why bother having that put on the headstock?  The whole thing is illogical.

Why go through the effort of getting an inferior product if what you want is the real McCoy?  The argument can't be "I want a Heritage but I only want to pay $400" because you aren't buying a Heritage.  Knowing that you aren't buying the real McCoy, why bother having that put on the headstock?  The whole thing is illogical.

He might as well go for one of those Edwards LP's -considered a pretty good copy of a Gibson LP with of course a different brand name on the headstock at around $600.

Archived