Heritage Owners Club

Vintage Orange 150 Facelift... M.M. Style

Millennium Maestro

I am sure many of you guys have already seen my Vintage orange 150 before... I had Bill Lawrence pickups in her that I really really loved.

Bottom Line I was about a silent fart away from retrofitting my all of my main guitars to B. Lawrences, only thing stopping me was budget... solution was to install a 59er in the neck and a Duncan Custom in the bridge...now my main 1/2 flat guitar has a sound that fits in better with the herd!!

Check out the picks of the aftermath!!

Before

VintageOrangeH-150003.jpg

After

Walkthrough141.jpg

Enjoy.

Guy

The black matches up with the orange better.

I've never heard the Lawrence pickups. How would you characterize the difference between those and the Duncans? And, what did you do with the BL pups? It sounded like you liked the sound of them to start with. Are they going to a different guitar?

I've never gotten the bug to start swapping out pickups. Probably saved me enough to buy another guitar.

I always thought that this guitar had a unique look with the BL pick-ups, and would be a great match for the orange and white Heritage amp in the "for sale" section.... It looks awesome with either pickups , it turns out. Really nice guitar, I hope that it plays as nice as it looks..... as I'm sure it does!! http://athensga.en.craigslist.org/msg/1360490425.html

I always thought that this guitar had a unique look with the BL pick-ups, and would be a great match for the orange and white Heritage amp in the "for sale" section.... It looks awesome with either pickups , it turns out. Really nice guitar, I hope that it plays as nice as it looks..... as I'm sure it does!! http://athensga.en.craigslist.org/msg/1360490425.html

I loved the look of the Bill Lawrence's in the guitar, but I also like the black Seymours.. it ties everything together with the black headstock and top hats.

Thats a cool amp setup... really matches the Before pic.

Guy

I've never heard the Lawrence pickups. How would you characterize the difference between those and the Duncans? And, what did you do with the BL pups? It sounded like you liked the sound of them to start with. Are they going to a different guitar?

Bill Lawrence are Really tight and extremely well balanced (Think HRW's) they have a hot output... my dilema was that my other guitars had seymours that had a more raw sound with more hair on the tone...I would switch to this guitar and i felt like I needed to alter my amp slightly to compensate for the difference. which I dont want to do...

@ $50 a pickup...that is cheap enough that I could tailor my black beauty with Black/White zebras...i think you get that now defunct idea.

Lawrences are possibly going into my green Millie, I almost had a zebra Seth for the neck... but I pulled a Dumbass and lost a new one on ebay.

guitars025.jpg

I think the B.L's would sound awesome in this guitar. I am also in the process of getting all gold hardware for this guitar.

Guy

Were those BL the 500 or 500xl? I had a 500 in a Washburn N2 bridge that was great sounding. I know Dimebag was big into 500xl in the bridge he just flipped them around so the treble was on the bass side and vice versa. Either way the BL or SD you can't go wrong they both sound great.

Were those BL the 500 or 500xl? I had a 500 in a Washburn N2 bridge that was great sounding. I know Dimebag was big into 500xl in the bridge he just flipped them around so the treble was on the bass side and vice versa. Either way the BL or SD you can't go wrong they both sound great.

500R in neck, 500XL in bridge... I know they have changed their #s in the past the 500L was renamed the 500XL

Guy

at least we are starting to cool in Vegas, only 102 today.

I almost bought this guitar, and I am hoping to have the funds to do so one of these days (provided it is still for sale then). I personally love the Sheptone PAF clone pickups, and if so, I'd probably slap them in there. I'd get the zebra bobbins, as I always have found that look extremely cool. A close second would be to put in ones with nickle covers.

I almost bought this guitar, and I am hoping to have the funds to do so one of these days (provided it is still for sale then). I personally love the Sheptone PAF clone pickups, and if so, I'd probably slap them in there. I'd get the zebra bobbins, as I always have found that look extremely cool. A close second would be to put in ones with nickle covers.

I actually thought you were gonna buy her too so I made an early play for another irresistable guitar... so I too have one more guitar!!! LOL

Archived