Heritage Owners Club

H 150 "Custom"

brentrocks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brent, that is one of the most interesting guitars I've ever seen. I don't think I'd have any use for it, but it certainly draws attention.

thanks Chris!!

I spent some more time with it this morning. This guitar clean is thin toned...it is a really cool sound (very stratty/tele-ish). It fattens up quite a bit when it is gained up!

the action is perfect...the tone is unique (for a Heritage) and the look is priceless.

I really like it alot!!

friend of mine hates S-style guitars. hates the look. scorns the ergonomics. doesn't particularly care for the sound. but he's a Chapin freak. so, he had Bill build him one anyway. wonderful guitar. eventually, tho, he sent it back for a mod: 3 lipstck pickups (Mare or Lollar, i forget) with the wacky/infinitely variable Chapin wiring - awesome sounds.

i would love to hear that Custom

:eek:

i think its a Celestion?

IIRC they came stock w/a custom Eminence, but a Celestion was an upgrade. a GT-75 or -85 or something. i even tried an EVM-12L in mine and it was great! - but it added about 20lbs to it...the lil amp responded really well to speaker changes & i liked 'em all...

xlnt, Brent. very unique and appealing tones. for compare, here's my friend's w/pic & clip linked: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthrea...ick#post3267009

were you using ch1 or ch2? amp tone settings? guitar tone knobs full on?

CH 1 dirty...treble 9, mid 5, bass 10 w/ ninja boost

CH 2 clean...treble 10, mid 4, bass 10 w/ boost

that guitar does not have a tone control...3 seperate vol

Cool. Thanks for the vid.. I do think that this would do a great job on some jangly/ alt. rock kind of stuff. REM or T Petty . or any Rickenbacker type sounds.

I do hope that you keep that guitar forever, because it's ultra cool... but if not.. you've got my number :D

Brent, that is one cool guitar. If it just had a different headstock!! :D With the youtube compression it's tough to hear much difference in the distortion/od tones. But those cleans really came thru, giving a very good example of what that guitar is capable of doing. What a very strange and exciting beast that guitar must be. With those single coils you're going to need to learn a couple country licks! Bet it'd sound amazing! doing some Dwight or Alan. :D

Cool. Thanks for the vid.. I do think that this would do a great job on some jangly/ alt. rock kind of stuff. REM or T Petty . or any Rickenbacker type sounds.

I do hope that you keep that guitar forever, because it's ultra cool... but if not.. you've got my number :laughing4:

Thanks Fred....i really like it man...i even used it for my contest clip.

Brent, that is one cool guitar. If it just had a different headstock!! :laughing1: With the youtube compression it's tough to hear much difference in the distortion/od tones. But those cleans really came thru, giving a very good example of what that guitar is capable of doing. What a very strange and exciting beast that guitar must be. With those single coils you're going to need to learn a couple country licks! Bet it'd sound amazing! doing some Dwight or Alan. :laughing6:

thats where i draw the line...NO COUNTRY!

jus' guessin' - set tone knobs in Ch 2 to bass 2 mids 8 treble 4-5 and go to neck p'up: i'll bet you get :D jazz sounds, too!

:glasses10:d

ill try that next time :D

That thing sounds awesome!! Very cool sounds coming out of the pups. Thanks for the video.

thanks Chuck!

thats where i draw the line...NO COUNTRY!

Now now, youngster. Keep an open mind. Some of the greatest guitar players on this planet have chosen country music to express themselves. It ain't all pickup trucks and d i v o r c e. :D

Now now, youngster. Keep an open mind. Some of the greatest guitar players on this planet have chosen country music to express themselves. It ain't all pickup trucks and d i v o r c e. :D

"....i kicked the dog

my wife left me

i drank too much PBR

and now i have to pee...."

nice use of volume swells!!!

a reg'lar maestro. on one of his albums i have he's depicted w/a black beauty. woulda loved to hear this tune on *that* (tho the vol knob was likely an issue)

:D

Archived