Heritage Owners Club

H 150 "Custom"

brentrocks

The FedEx guy arrived right on time today! Little did i know what i was going to find inside...

Presenting the 1992 Heritage H 150 "Custom"

P1010003.jpg

This guitar is so "wierd" for so many reasons....but very cool at the same time. It is pretty clear that this was a very thought out custom order one - off. I had to do a string change and some major clean-up...I also changed the tailpiece to a Schaller, i dont like the Nashville style tailpieces, they put too much forward pressure on the bridge, IMO.

This Heritage has me scratching my head for many reasons....

1. the wiring...i havent figured it out yet, the farthest back pot is a push/pull...cant tell what it is doing though. i'm gonna have to take it to Pete, since he was probably the one who wired it and see what they do? It seems to be 3 seperate volumes? and maybe the push/pull is a blender? i dont see a capasitor which would indicate the tone pot?

2. The G cut body....this is DEFINATELY a LP body cut.

3. Split block inlays with a bound Explorer head. never seen a "bound" Explorer head on a Heritage before?

4. Vintage style tuners...obviously cutomer added feature, not what i would have picked out, but i'm not gonna change them

5. 5-ply binding...not a H 150 standard, usually for a H 157....adds a nice overall touch

6. Belly cut

7. There is some kind of coating in the control cavity? and its on the back of the plate too...maybe a shielding spray?

Whoever ordered this guitar knew EXACTLY what they wanted.

It has a one-piece back, one piece neck. Very flamey top w/ a really nice VSB finish. Rosewood board...pretty sure it is Indian rosewood and not Brazilian. It weighs 8.5 LBS...very well balanced. The only downside is that it didnt come w/ an original Heritage rectangle case...the case that it came w/ is very unsafe because the headstock rests in the bottom corner and the neck is elevated off bottom of the case....would be ver easy for the headstock to be cracked, thank god it made it ok.

Here are some more pics....

P1010026.jpg

P1010024.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010016.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010010.jpg

P1010008.jpg

I havent had time yet to analyze the tones of these lipsticks yet...i will get back to ya on that. Overall, i am very pleased with it so far...the action is good the neck is a lil beefy, but not too bad. No major blems on the guitar, very little fret wear. If anbody knows where i can find a Heritage rectangular case, let me know...lol

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks to me like a slide players ultimate DREAM guitar.

Brent, I am a little guilty of mildly pushing with my wife over my GAS addiction (actually she is very understanding, but we are getting to that point!), but all I can say is you must be a SHAG MASTER in the bedroom!!!!

Some of your one off guitars I appreciate, but this one I TOTALLY get!!

Brent, you have scored so many interesting and unique Heritages over the years, but this time even you topped you!

Great gitfiddle!

Hey, I have a rectangular case that is too large for any of my electrics. I'm not sure if it would fit your new prize, but send me the measurements and I'll measure the interior of my case. It is like new and looks like faux gator/reptile on the outside. If it fits, then I'd give you a good price.

Paul, I have no clue on the pups.

I have been noodling w/ it unplugged and it needs a fret dress and a setup BAD...and probably a new nut (the grooves are cut way tooo deep.) buzzes a lot. I'll take it to Pete monday for a new nut and fret file.

John, i'm not exactly a Shag Master, but as long as one leaves every time one comes in, i'm pretty much ok.

Brent, you have scored so many interesting and unique Heritages over the years, but this time even you topped you!

Great gitfiddle!

Hey, I have a rectangular case that is too large for any of my electrics. I'm not sure if it would fit your new prize, but send me the measurements and I'll measure the interior of my case. It is like new and looks like faux gator/reptile on the outside. If it fits, then I'd give you a good price.

Thank you! :) I will certainly do that!

John, i'm not exactly a Shag Master, but as long as one leaves every time one comes in, i'm pretty much ok.

I assume you still talking about guitars here... :)

Seriously though, that's very cool and unique! Where did you dig this one up?

WWWOOOWWW.... Way to go , Brent. This is one for the archives. All of the weirdness is very coooool. You found a gem in this one.... Congrats !!

There are some way cool Heritages out there just waiting to be found and this one was a great find...

Now THAT is one unique guitar! Whoa!!! I like the shielding in the cavity. Leaves no doubt it's shielded. As for the Push/Pull, I'm going to guess that it allows you to bring in two pickups (neck/mid phased, neck/mid/bridge, mid/bridge phased), and traditional neck, mid, bridge. In effect, giving you a 6-way selector. Very ... very! cool.

I assume you still talking about guitars here... :wacko:

Seriously though, that's very cool and unique! Where did you dig this one up?

LOL...yeah, dont tell my wife...LOL

Guy, Millenium Miestro posted a pic for a fella here... http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...?showtopic=5717 ....i called the guy and made the deal.

Just got done plugging it in to the Rivera for the first time.....

whatever they are they are lower output. depending what combonation of push/pull, pot positons, you can get very dark/fat. or it can get really thin/twangy....but not really ballsy, which is cool in a way because it is not like any other guitar i have. it kinda reminds me it the 137 a bit with lower output.

after playing it a while im very flustered w/ the nut/fret issues...lots of dead notes, mostly from the 14th fret to the 20th. a bone nut and some fret filing shoud do the trick....and with the right nut slots, i should be able to get the action better too.

That's...unbelievable. Hockey stick headstock and all. It will be very interesting to hear what Pete or any of the Heritage folks know about this unique piece.

i'm gonna take it down to Heritage the next chance i get...i would like to hear from the fellas about it too...maybe even find out who it was made for? something like that they might remember building?

thanks for hooking me up w/ the bridge!!!

Man I laughed like hell when I saw this thing. All I could think of was, "only Brent..."

That is one cool piece. Maybe the slash inlays will catch on.

Hrmm, when you get that all tuned/fixed/setup and you decide it isn't for you and you want to trade for The Tonesucker....nahhh, never mind. :wacko:

Actually, it's a very cool looking guitar. Very unique. I'd like to give it a run just to see what it's all about.

You have no idea how many times Bruce has said to me... Dude, wanna buy my lipstick heritage!!!

I am glad your happy... but talk to me further on the setup. Did bruce have High action and sell this to you without mentioning the fret wear? The other stuff I bought from him i really liked.. setup well, played well and sounded great. He seemed a little meticuluos, appeared to like the maintenance and definitely like to play his guitars!!

Heck, I am just gonna drop you a line!

Guy

Archived