Heritage Owners Club

Limited Edition Matched Set #16 of 25

pegleg32

It was Christmas in September!!! I ordered these from Michael's Music in Cannon Beach, Or, and picked them up on our trip to the coast. Packed them in the basement of the 5th wheel till we got home and then spent 2 days getting the camper and house back in order again. Last night I finally opened the boxes and pulled out the guitars. My first reaction was sore fingers - action was way too high, and they came with 11's mounted. I did some basic setup work and got them where I could play them, plugged in one and then the other. Fantastic. Love those Seymore Duncans!! I bonded with the 535 almost instantly, but not so much with the 150, I may have to warm up to that one. Next step is to mount 10's and do some finish setup ( I have always done my own setups as long as there was no major surgery involved).

First impressions - really nice workmanship, good quality components, beautiful wood and finish, little rough on the setup. I have ordered new straps and strap locks befitting of new wood. The top of the 150 might just be a little off of center as the bridge sets higher on the bass post then the tenor one. This may be normal, or it may be my setup, but it struck me as odd.

I need to give a shout out to Mike Corry of Michael's Music in Cannon Beach, OR. http://www.betterstuffmusic.com/ He was super to work with and sold these to me at a substantial discount to other dealers quotes. He is a very small shop and stocks very few guitars, but if you want to special order at an excellent price, he is your guy. Honest as the day is long and willing to work with you. He has been a Heritage dealer almost from day one and does special orders for folks all over the country.

The ticket in the 535 is signed by J.P. Moats, Marvin Lamb, ?Vince S Maryof?, ?James A Deurloo? Couldn't quite decipher the last two.

I'm looking forward to a few good years of playing these, and then I'm going to sell them to Brent!! LOL.

Woah.... SWEET !!!!! I remember seeing these matched sets on a site....and these confirm that they are special... TWO great guitars, Congrats on the choice and the deal. And signed by the owners... Yep, Limited edition is good. Christmas indeed!

Congrats!!! i wonder why the 150 has cream rings?

Hey Brent, I wondered that myself, when you see them side by side in real life it just jumps out at you that the cream rings are wrong with the dark pickguard and dark finish. I can't decide whether to change them or just leave the cosmetic issues alone.

Hey Brent, I wondered that myself, when you see them side by side in real life it just jumps out at you that the cream rings are wrong with the dark pickguard and dark finish. I can't decide whether to change them or just leave the cosmetic issues alone.

WOW, leave those things just as they are , perfect.

The rings and the pickup selector tip, they both jumped right out at first look.

You know , I didn't notice.. I was too busy looking at the finish. (killer ! ) I could see that when the two are sharing the spotlight , it is something you might notice. In any case , Heritage (or the dealer) should send you the parts to truly make them a "matched pair", IMO. I don't dislike the look of the creme, but every time you show someone the "matched pair" , it will be on your mind....

Just beautiful, pegleg! What a trip, and to come home with those. They're gorgeous! And I'd leave those creme rings right where they are! Let us know what's on when you get both guitars set up to taste.

Hey guys, thanks for the oohs and aahs, I knew I wanted them anyway, but that adds extra confimation. I have looked at the other matched pairs and all the 150's have cream rings!!! I guess that is the way they intended them. I am going to change the strings to 10's today. I will try to have the 535 tuned up for the Administrators contest in my attempt to win those fabulous prizes!!!!!!!!

I could warm up to that 150 REALLY quick!

I warmed up to the 150 today!!! Put on 10's, lowered the action where I like it, put all the knobs on 5 and switched to the neck pup, ran through a little more than ususal overdrive and it sang for me!!! A serious dirty chicago blues tone.

Have recorded a couple of ideas for the Administrators contest, but my fingers are so sore this week I don't know if they will ever be useable again - lol. On the good side, they aren't bleeding yet so I'll keep on pushing. I've always been kind of a stubborn sh*t!!

Archived