Heritage Owners Club

New H535 owner..

redshark

Hello guys!!

I just got my first Heritage guitar as a trade on gear page and I'm very happy. Is a H-535 almond burst.

This one has Seth lover pickups and was produced in 2004.

I have a few questions for all the Heritage experts here:

Was this guitar plek'd in the factory in 2004?

Does this guitar has 50's wiring or something diferent?

I can see the caps from the hole, is a yellow cap 0.022 250v..looks like mallorys but not sure

what is the volume and tone pot specs that heritage used in that year(brand and values)?

I will appreciate your answers. I wanna learn about this instrument but so far very impressed with the cosmetic quality.

thanks!!

First of all--welcome!

Before your questions are answered, you need to post pics!

J/K--Plek--I'm not sure. Someone else probably knows the answer. It more than likely does NOT have the 50s wiring. V/T post--I'm guessing 500k.

Welcome and nice pickup redshark! To make if official though we really do need the pics! Just out of curiosity, what did you trade for it?

hopefully a Gbrand..LOL :)

Congradulations redshark!

Based on the removed pots and caps from my 2006 150, the stock V's are 500 and the t's are 250. Both caps are .022 yellow barrels that have ERD or ERO printing. Not 50's wiring. You can do a search for threads on "have you changed your pots & caps" as well a plek threads.

Has the nut been replaced on your 2004?

Thanks guys!!

I will post pics as soon as I take them. I traded a Nash stratocaster for this one. It hurted me a lot because that was a great sounding strat and probably the best I've ever played but I've been GASing for one of this guitars and the trade worked out perfect on both ends.

I think the guitar is stock and nut hasn't been replaced.

Was there any problem with those nuts? I think the guitar plays good but for sound I picked it wasn't right for me and I adjusted the pickups first, good improvement but I'm very used to the control dynamics of my own G LP which I wired myself with RS kit plus real bumblebees and WCr pickups.

I'm thinking to get the RS guitar pre-wired kit with repro bees and Lollar low wind Imperials to avoid the feedback that the unpotted Seth Lovers could add.

The caps in my 535 were the ERD metal film caps. .022 250v. I didn't go 50's wiring. I went for a treble bleed circuit to keep it from going dull with the volume roll off.

Did it on both my 157 and 535 although the 535 is a royal pain to pull the pots and stuff through the f holes. It was worth it in the end.

Heritage only Plek'd from 2005-end 2006. Pleking is fine if you feed the absolute final set-up numbers, but to plek frets for a medium, set up is useless as soon as the action is changed. I have plek'd & unplek'd Heritages and I honestly can't tell the difference.

I read in another thread guitars were plek'd from 2004. What is the confirmed correct information?

It surprise me the fact that heritage don't post schematics of wirings and component specs. I think that they should match the quality of their electronic components with their beautiful instruments.

I need to play the guitar more in order to see what setup changes I need to make but so far I like it, someone asked me about the nut before if it was changed and now the frets, they seem like jumbo frets, I like the feel actually, I though the neck was gonna be like a thinner 60's profile but seems more like a 59, slightly thicker but not fat.

Archived