Heritage Owners Club

1984 H140 that was recently up for sale

barrymclark

Just wanted to get permission before I put anything up about it. I got it. ;)

I have often heard asked and personally asked why Heritage didn't make an SG type of guitar. Well, they sorta did and few know about them.

The 84, A serialized 140 is just that. All Mahogany (that's right, no maple cap) with a rosewood fingerboard and what appears to a be 1" thick body (much thinner than the standard 140.)

Can't wait to play it and hear the difference between an 84 and 85. ;)

Father-in-law. Had no idea he got it until a few days ago.

Wow, cool. What an excellent surprise ..

It didn't disappear into the murky depths of ebayers... And you were able to see it , play it, hold it...

And even more cool is that it is not a normal 140 spec wise either....

the pics are a nice bonus...

Wow, cool. What an excellent surprise ..

It didn't disappear into the murky depths of ebayers... And you were able to see it , play it, hold it...

And even more cool is that it is not a normal 140 spec wise either....

the pics are a nice bonus...

It is very cool... and he seems to be diggin on it as time goes by.

I am sure I will get to play it but not until the next trip to visit.

OK, Barry, isn't your Father In Law one of the Heritage founders?

And by the way, what are thse two gitfiddles in the middle picture doing?!

I thought we got rid of the Swedish prOn!! ;)

Nope. Nephew of one of them.

I make no apologies about the pron. I like it... you know you like it.

I don't think the specials had a 1" thick body did they?

Mine was a bit thicker than that, if memory serves..(and sometimes it doesn't)

Mine was a bit thicker than that, if memory serves..(and sometimes it doesn't)

The specials I have seen had at least 1.5" bodies. They, basically, looked like a normal LP outside of the lack of maple.

That being said, I would say that, in terms of mass and material, this would more akin to an SG than a Les Paul of really any model (could be wrong). I think there was a LP type guitar called The Paul or something like that. I think those had really thin bodies.

"The Pauls" were essentially like a Special or a Junior in terms of the body--1.5" in other words. I'm not aware of *any* Gibson other than the SG that was built with a 1" mahogany body. The L6S was probably only an inch thick, but that was maple.

Your guitar really is more SG than Les Paul, I'd say. I couldn't really afford to bid for it, but damn was I tempted. ;)

"The Pauls" were essentially like a Special or a Junior in terms of the body--1.5" in other words. I'm not aware of *any* Gibson other than the SG that was built with a 1" mahogany body. The L6S was probably only an inch thick, but that was maple.

Your guitar really is more SG than Les Paul, I'd say. I couldn't really afford to bid for it, but damn was I tempted. ;)

Oh, believe me. The thought crossed my mind too, but the money didn't cross my wallet. haha.

It was my father in law that pointed it out to me. Had NO inkling that he was gonna bid on it.

Wife calls me while I was on the way home from work this week and she said her dad bought that old Heritage he was discussing with me. Imagine my shock!

Wife calls me while I was on the way home from work this week and she said her dad bought that old Heritage he was discussing with me. Imagine my shock!

I forgot when I posted here that your father-in-law bought it. Good for him! Will he give you right of first refusal on it?

Anyone know how many "A" serialed Heritages exist? They must all be prototypes. That certainly seems to be the case with this one, since it differs so much from the production 140s.

I forgot when I posted here that your father-in-law bought it. Good for him! Will he give you right of first refusal on it?

Anyone know how many "A" serialed Heritages exist? They must all be prototypes. That certainly seems to be the case with this one, since it differs so much from the production 140s.

Have no idea. One can hope right? haha. I don't think he will be getting rid of it. He got it for the history of it. ;)

True. There aren't many. Who knows what the real number is.

Archived