Heritage Owners Club

PSPIII - Any rumors yet?

rlinwood

How long of a drive from Baltimore? :huh::lol: ....sounds like fun....I go to the PRS Experience every year...well there have only been 3....1st year 700 people...kind of intimate..got to talk to Paul...met Mark Tremonti...David Grissom...Derek St Holmes...others....next year..2008.....1400 people.... this year 1700 people.... really getting crowed.....except for the 800 people (including me & my wife) that saw Carlos Santana and Buddy Guy at a private concert Thursday night......any way it is very big and kind of impersonal....so I would agree with those that would like to keep this event small and be able to talk and jam.........

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How long of a drive from Baltimore? :huh::lol: ....sounds like fun....I go to the PRS Experience every year...well there have only been 3....1st year 700 people...kind of intimate..got to talk to Paul...met Mark Tremonti...David Grissom...Derek St Holmes...others....next year..2008.....1400 people.... this year 1700 people.... really getting crowed.....except for the 800 people (including me & my wife) that saw Carlos Santana and Buddy Guy at a private concert Thursday night......any way it is very big and kind of impersonal....so I would agree with those that would like to keep this event small and be able to talk and jam.........

Yea, we have crowds like that too.

I think we had 2800 for the 20min version of "Rocky Mountain Way"....

(sorry typo, meant to read 28 instead of 2800 :D )

Yea, we have crowds like that too.

I think we had 2800 for the 20min version of "Rocky Mountain Way"....

(sorry typo, meant to read 28 instead of 2800 :lol: )

ha...I was thinking..1 lead player and 2799 rhythm players......could have been a little loud..... :huh: ....but 28 ...now that sounds nice to me.... you guys get to jam and shoot the bull...get to know each other...what is the furtherest someone has come from?

ha...I was thinking..1 lead player and 2799 rhythm players......could have been a little loud..... :D ....but 28 ...now that sounds nice to me.... you guys get to jam and shoot the bull...get to know each other...what is the furtherest someone has come from?

Big Bob (Lance) actually traveled the most miles to get there, I do believe. As he toured the Great Western United States before landing in the 'zoo. Not sure who actually lived the furthest away, tho'.

BTW, you should try hooking up with Sqwaken. He's made the PRS Experience. Tully did this year, as well.

700 people...intimate...??? I don't think so....

Well 700 was kind of intimate compared to 1700..... :D and remember they were spread out over the entire area of the factory...huge tents were set up for free food and beer and a concert tent....and lots of smaller tents...I was in the front row for both a Johnny Hiland seminar and a David Grissom seminar......only about 35 people in the tent and you could ask the artists to play and show you anything at all.........lots of guitar fun for free!!!

Well 700 was kind of intimate compared to 1700..... :D and remember they were spread out over the entire area of the factory...huge tents were set up for free food and beer and a concert tent....and lots of smaller tents...I was in the front row for both a Johnny Hiland seminar and a David Grissom seminar......only about 35 people in the tent and you could ask the artists to play and show you anything at all.........lots of guitar fun for free!!!

Ah, that's nothing. I had to fight through a line of 5 people to ask Yoslate what the chord progression was he just played. He actually told me at PSP2.

I saw him at PSPI and he even said "Hey, how's it going? I need to go get a beer."

Rumor has it he may actually jam a song with me next year if he comes (if he isn't out on tour).

Big Bob (Lance) actually traveled the most miles to get there, I do believe. As he toured the Great Western United States before landing in the 'zoo. Not sure who actually lived the furthest away, tho'.

BTW, you should try hooking up with Sqwaken. He's made the PRS Experience. Tully did this year, as well.

I think I live the furthest (for attendees) in gainesville fl. I could be wrong.

I think I live the furthest (for attendees) in gainesville fl. I could be wrong.

Then I'm probably the second furthest (FL panhandle). But no one wins a prize for coming in second, do they?

:D

Well 700 was kind of intimate compared to 1700..... <_< and remember they were spread out over the entire area of the factory...huge tents were set up for free food and beer and a concert tent....and lots of smaller tents...I was in the front row for both a Johnny Hiland seminar and a David Grissom seminar......only about 35 people in the tent and you could ask the artists to play and show you anything at all.........lots of guitar fun for free!!!

I got to point out a Private Stock DGT to David Grissom. His eyes lit up and said it wasn't fair. It was a lot of fun, but I would like to get together with the Heritage boys too!!

I met both Ron and squawken at the PRS exp. I finally caught up with squawken in the last 10mins I was there. Bummer. I wouldnt call the exp intimate. I was rushed from one place to another most of the days. Nights were alright.

I think PSP would be more my style. The pics and feedback suggest its a more laid back relaxed affair.

I got to point out a Private Stock DGT to David Grissom. His eyes lit up and said it wasn't fair. It was a lot of fun, but I would like to get together with the Heritage boys too!!

That was one nice guitar. By the time I got back to it some one had grabbed it. Probably a good thing in hindsight.

I love my PRS guitars and have a lot of respect for Paul and his company, but our PSP event is pretty much the antithesis of the PRS Experience.

That was one nice guitar. By the time I got back to it some one had grabbed it. Probably a good thing in hindsight.

That's all I think about now. Want a "special" DGT. Wilcutt's ordered a run of 20 DGT's that they special ordered by picking the wood, and in different colors. Of course that guitar was about 9K!

I met both Ron and squawken at the PRS exp. I finally caught up with squawken in the last 10mins I was there. Bummer. I wouldnt call the exp intimate. I was rushed from one place to another most of the days. Nights were alright.

I think PSP would be more my style. The pics and feedback suggest its a more laid back relaxed affair.

I love my PRS guitars and have a lot of respect for Paul and his company, but our PSP event is pretty much the antithesis of the PRS Experience.

Pretty much what I was suggesting in my post. The over riding feeling I got while at PRS was that I was being lined up to buy. Fair enough, they did pay for me to be there. But the weight of the pitch just turned me off, and I sell guitars for a living.

I had a good time and am thankful for the chance to get to the PRS exp but I think the PSP would be more memorable for me. More my style.

Pretty much what I was suggesting in my post. The over riding feeling I got while at PRS was that I was being lined up to buy. Fair enough, they did pay for me to be there. But the weight of the pitch just turned me off, and I sell guitars for a living.

I had a good time and am thankful for the chance to get to the PRS exp but I think the PSP would be more memorable for me. More my style.

If you started walking for the 'zoo now ... you might just make it by July. Time to hit the road, Tully.

If you started walking for the 'zoo now ... you might just make it by July. Time to hit the road, Tully.

I can't speak for Tully, but I "think" you may have to make "emergency" plans for beer if Tully and I show up.

I can't speak for Tully, but I "think" you may have to make "emergency" plans for beer if Tully and I show up.

It is an essential food group. I have drunk American beer. The good thing about beer is after a certain amount it just doesnt matter where its from, or where youre from, or where youre at, the feeling is the same and a kebab seems like a good idea. <_<

It is an essential food group. I have drunk American beer. The good thing about beer is after a certain amount it just doesnt matter where its from, or where youre from, or where youre at, the feeling is the same and a kebab seems like a good idea. <_<

I think that should go on my tombstone. Well said!

I agree with that tully....I was more referring to the 1st Experience in 07 when no one new much about it...no rushing around and the sales thing was very low key then.....this years was very hectic and I had mentioned to a few that I really liked it before it got this big....I remember you telling me how long it took you to get here from Australia....guess I shouldn't look for you if I make it to PSP ^_^

Archived