Heritage Owners Club

PSPIII - Any rumors yet?

rlinwood

I wonder if there's a way to get a group rate at a local hotel? If we do a 2 day thing, I can't see food cost being the negative driver. Maybe tour the factory on Friday, then out for a banquet type (pay to attend) dinner/evening of hanging out at the Blues thing (or whatever), then a full day's jam on Saturday?

I think the factory peeps might come out on Saturday; I don't think it would have to be after working all day? Brent could get a feeler for this.

BBQ breakfast & lunch at the compound on Saturday?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a cool conversation this is...!!!

Either plan sounds great.... It appears food is going to be a large part of the plan. Estimating how many show up and not buying too much or too little food and how to serve everyone.

Perhaps if we can get the schedule from the Blues Fest.. it may help with some of the planning..

Yeah..the factory folk would probably like to get a nights sleep and then come out to the compound for a Saturday jam..As for me I will stay with friends in Lansing and then come over Friday for the tour and then come back for the Saturday Festivities..Seems like a plan to me..Would be willing to help in any way I can..Carrying stuff, set up etc..

Don't mean to seem like a d*ck. But if I come off that way, so be it and I can live with it. But I could not care any less if we have our get together and tour around a Blues Fest agenda. If it coincides, so be it. If not, then that is how it is. Our event should be "our" event. There --- d*ckness over (for now).

Don't mean to seem like a d*ck. But if I come off that way, so be it and I can live with it. But I could not care any less if we have our get together and tour around a Blues Fest agenda. If it coincides, so be it. If not, then that is how it is. Our event should be "our" event. There --- d*ckness over (for now).

Yeah..We can have our own "Blues Fest!" Stormy Monday anyone?

I don't know anything about the bluesfest, so I can't comment on it... there may be some who really want to go there.

But yeah, if anyone is jammin' at the compound..I'd rather be there than any other fest.

I agree, the blues fest should be secondary, on the other hand, if it should work out, that would be great. But the real reason for doing this at all is the Heritage get together. As far as contributing time and money, I'm up for what ever you need Brent. I really hate being an imposition.

If it walks like a d*ck, and quacks like a d*ck, it must be a d*ck??? :D

As a member in the Kalamazoo Valley Blues Association - the organization that puts on the Kalamazoo Blues Festival each year - I have volunteered and worked at the festival for over a decade.

The Blues fest is usually on the first or second weekend in July...I usually work both Friday and Saturday evening there, so...

I had a great time at the PSPII, and am looking forward to attending again this year. It would be a shame to have to miss either "party". I kind of have mixed feelings on the two being on the same weekend, it would be great to have the "out-of-townies" be able to check out the festival.

Having a plant tour that was promoted at the festival may be a really good - and inexpensive - way to promote the company to like-minded individuals too. Maybe they could even arrange to use the local trolly to bus festival-goers to the plant and back. The festival site is only about five blocks away from Parsons St.

My 2 cents. (sorry for the ramble).

Hmmm, it doesn't make sense to have them both on the SAME DAY does it. I was hoping one could be followed by the other, but that probably wouldn't work for most folks, so I guess I'm not worrying about it anymore. Whatever everyone else likes is good for me. I'm retired and footloose and I have nothing better to do anyway.

As a member in the Kalamazoo Valley Blues Association - the organization that puts on the Kalamazoo Blues Festival each year - I have volunteered and worked at the festival for over a decade.

The Blues fest is usually on the first or second weekend in July...I usually work both Friday and Saturday evening there, so...

I had a great time at the PSPII, and am looking forward to attending again this year. It would be a shame to have to miss either "party". I kind of have mixed feelings on the two being on the same weekend, it would be great to have the "out-of-townies" be able to check out the festival.

Having a plant tour that was promoted at the festival may be a really good - and inexpensive - way to promote the company to like-minded individuals too. Maybe they could even arrange to use the local trolly to bus festival-goers to the plant and back. The festival site is only about five blocks away from Parsons St.

My 2 cents. (sorry for the ramble).

Here's my (potentially stupid) Question..would the boys at Parsons Street really be able to handle the crowds that might show up if a factory tour was advertised at the Blues Fest? Just Sayin..

I got a response from Dennis Massingill who is the prez of the Kalamazoo Blues Festival. He reports the festival is scheduled for July 8th thru the 10th.

Just rechecked to remind myself when previous PSP's were held, they were quite a bit later in the month of July. I don't know that anyone wants to change that. The more I think about it, probably better to avoid the Blues Fest dates anyway. Too much going on.

Agreed. I wouldn't want a bunch of people not in the HOC showing up because they heard about our event at the Blues Fest. Also, I agree with Yoslate's point that we got a good thing going here and I would prefer for it to stay right sized. If it gets out of hand it can kill the vibe where there are enough people to have a party but not too many that you get a chance to talk with everyone. It's inevitable that it grows but we shouldn't work at blowing it up either. just my thoughts.

Too big of a crowd at Parson Street would probably take away from the "intimate" setting where you can actually talk to the folks. While the Blues fest sounds fun, but if I was taking a week off for this, I would prefer the Blues Fest the first weekend, and PSP at the end.

I'm actually thinking about doing something like Mackinac Island. Relax for a week, then kick out the jams on the weekend.

I'm actually thinking about doing something like Mackinac Island. Relax for a week, then kick out the jams on the weekend.

That's an interesting idea. Since I'm bringing a place to stay with me, I can be pretty flexible along those lines.

The wife and I found Mackinac Island to be a tourist trap.

I'm a fan of the movie and score Somewhere in Time and it was filmed at the grand hotel so seeing that was cool.

The no motorized vehicle thing is interesting. We fish up that way often and the area is nice but we felt trapped when on the island.

Archived