Heritage Owners Club

Opinions and help wanted on this one please...

cosmikdebriis

Hi...

The guitar in question has turned up on the "Bay Watch forum" (Cheers Brent) and I've been in contact with the seller. Please have a look, link below.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/574479099.html

No doubt it's a beautiful guitar but the price is a premium. I'd like some opinion as to it's value compared to similar heritages you may have seen or own.

We're currently negotiating at around $2k

Also, and this is a big also. I'm looking for the nearest HOC Member to this guy as a possibility to have a look at it and hopefully help arrange shipping!!!

So far ,one guy, "Gitfiddler" has offered to help and at 75 miles away is fairly close (by American standards In England that's twice round the country ;D).

So any help/advice gratefully received.

Wow, you are right that is a stunner.

If it is worth it to you that is what matters. I would have a hard time saying no to this one.

Chico

That one is drop-dead goegeous! 

I'd ask to see if he'd take $1800--the worst that can happen is that he says "no." However, comma, used Heritages usually go for less, so he might be able to cut you a deal, especially if he can't sell it at the current asking price.

As gorgeous as it is I think it's over priced. Even with the "upgraded" top. I got my dead mint, 1 piece top '05 157OSB in 2007 for $1350 shipped. Maybe I lucked out. Maybe not. And remember, that thing is going to weigh a ton. Nice guitar, but I'm with TS on this one - $1800 or there abouts. Tops.

And remember, that thing is going to weigh a ton. Nice guitar, but I'm with TS on this one - $1800 or there abouts. Tops.

Yes, it weighs a ton, well, 10.5Lbs according to the vendor. :P

I'd had $1,800 in mind, thing is I'm going to have to pay to join a gym to be able to pick it up ;D

Problem for me is, it's too Goddam gorgeous  :rolleyes:

The new Heritage prices (at street prices) for a premium top like that you are looking at $2700-2800.

I'd snatch it. $200 two years from now will mean little to you!

Yes, it weighs a ton, well, 10.5Lbs according to the vendor. :P

I'd had $1,800 in mind, thing is I'm going to have to pay to join a gym to be able to pick it up ;D

Problem for me is, it's too Goddam gorgeous  :rolleyes:

10.5 lbs!?!    :o  That's a boat anchor, not a guitar.  It may have a pretty face but if it breaks your back will you ever play it?  The guy who had it built is selling it because it's too heavy, that should be a clue.  I say save your money and buy a 575 that you will play.

As gorgeous as it is I think it's over priced. Even with the "upgraded" top. I got my dead mint, 1 piece top '05 157OSB in 2007 for $1350 shipped. Maybe I lucked out. Maybe not. And remember, that thing is going to weigh a ton. Nice guitar, but I'm with TS on this one - $1800 or there abouts. Tops.

Tulk~ You got a REALLY good deal, my friend.  That ain't the usual going prices for the '07 H-157 you've described. 

Cosmikdebriis~ I dumped an 11 lb badass Gibby simply due to it's weight.  10.5 is awfully close to that 'back-ache-after-one set-guitar'!  And that's IF the seller is being 100% honest about the weight.  Remember, he says he is selling it because of the weight!  Noto bene. 

Archived