Heritage Owners Club

Specked out a custom 170

big bob

Someone should design a "HOC Model" that is only available to HOC members...when you order you have to give your dealer your HOC member number, the password and the high sign or you can't get it. :D

I already have to give my dealer a secret sign or he won't order one for me. Shhhhh, but I use this ----- $$$$.$$

Someone should design a "HOC Model" that is only available to HOC members...when you order you have to give your dealer your HOC member number, the password and the high sign or you can't get it.

Maybe some custom feature or something.... We would have trouble agreeing on a single model, I think...

:D:D

I already have to give my dealer a secret sign or he won't order one for me. Shhhhh, but I use this ----- $$$$.$$

:D:D:lol:

We actually did the forum custom guitar when I was an active member of the HCEGF. Basically we let the manufacturer (GFS) decide. Of course, there was input from the masses. But they distilled it all and created the HCEGF model, with an option or two. I didn't get one, but it was a nice guitar. Could even get P90s on it. So, it's probably doable. But then, the price point between GFS's Asian made guitars and Heritage's USA Handmade guitars is quite different .... I'd assume. :D

I thought if I did not like the mini's I would be able to switch to p-90's or have Bryan make me a custom set.

I'm seeing P90/Mini/P90 ... OR ... Mini/P90/Mini ..... OR Mini/Mini/P90 ..... OR!! well, you get the idea. :D

Just my own personal thoughts here and I'm not afraid to be told I'm wrong, but I don't think you will find the low end you may be needing with the mini-humbuckers.

I have played them on a few guitars (LP Dlx, Firebird, Flying V), but I really only liked them on the Firebird and I loved them there. Actually I liked them on the Firebird so well I retrofitted my V. But in the end, it just didn't have the balls and sing of the solid neck-through and I sold it. They were just OK, a little bright, and certainly not "to die for". I've also considered swapping the minis on my LP Dlx for P90s, which are what was supposed to be there in the first place. Money.

I would think a chambered body with ebony keyboard would have a naturally higher resonant frequency and putting minis on it might just take it too high.

Like I said, just my thoughts.

gretsch has been putting mini hums on a chambered mahogany/ maple cap for years..

. . . stat dlx, or hockey stick headstock . . .

In 2008, after a Heritage tour, I wrote down some custom specs for Ren for an H-535, including a 6-in-line headstock. (While I have zero negatives toward the Heritage headstock, I always enjoyed the Gibson "Trini Lopez" look, and I wanted something a little different from my ES-335.) A few weeks later, I wrote down the same info for a local dealer. As it happened, neither party officially got back to me. When I went back to the dealer after several weeks, it turns out that he never submitted the custom request. I only heard from Ren when I bumped into him at a local big box store and mentioned the request, and he said that they couldn't do it.

Best of luck with your custom Heritage; it would be a unique axe. As far as the headstock, I hope it works out for you, but for me, it was a non-starter.

In 2008, after a Heritage tour, I wrote down some custom specs for Ren for an H-535, including a 6-in-line headstock. (While I have zero negatives toward the Heritage headstock, I always enjoyed the Gibson "Trini Lopez" look, and I wanted something a little different from my ES-335.) A few weeks later, I wrote down the same info for a local dealer. As it happened, neither party officially got back to me. When I went back to the dealer after several weeks, it turns out that he never submitted the custom request. I only heard from Ren when I bumped into him at a local big box store and mentioned the request, and he said that they couldn't do it.

Best of luck with your custom Heritage; it would be a unique axe. As far as the headstock, I hope it works out for you, but for me, it was a non-starter.

I don't see why (other than the lawsuit) they would not make a six inline headstock. I do understand that they cannot copy a gibson headstock shape. If you asked for a trini lopez headstock shape I don't think legally they could make it..

I should find out soon. got my fingers and toes crossed.

" . . . If you asked for a trini lopez headstock shape I don't think legally they could make it..

I should find out soon. got my fingers and toes crossed."

Oh, no! I wouldn't be that gauche! For my custom H-535, I just wanted a nice classic (non-metal, non-Goth) 6-in-line Heritage headstock, like the two I saw hanging from a hook at the factory during my last (2009) tour. We know that Heritage made guitars with 6-in-line headstocks years ago, however since they quit making them, they evidentally do not want to revive just the headstocks now. But hope springs eternal . . . Good luck!

Archived