Heritage Owners Club

H140 sale alert

mark555

Guys, I have noticed a few of you seriously wanting to bid on a 140. I have just seen a 10th anniversary 140 on e bay with a stunning flame top, auction ending in two days. I just do not seem to get round to being able to copy and post a link for you, as I am using my son's mac and I just can't seem to get round it. I will try and post a pic.

BUt for those of you seriously interested, this looks a killer - I'd have it myself if the time was right.

that's a beaut..someone should snag it! I have no money, but it would make some one who is craving a 140 very happy!!

actually it was already posted in the ebay section. I already have a bid on it, but I'm not bidding again until it gets closer to the end. the same seller also has a beautiful 20th anniversary H150CM with Antiquity pickups, an All gold millenium DC, and one other heritage up. All are in tip top shape.

actually it was already posted in the ebay section. I already have a bid on it, but I'm not bidding again until it gets closer to the end. the same seller also has a beautiful 20th anniversary H150CM with Antiquity pickups, an All gold millenium DC, and one other heritage up. All are in tip top shape.

COOL!! Good Luck, and may the force be with you..

go get it ! hope you win the bidding, post the details.....

He keeps mentioning that he won't sell until His BIN is met, yet he has no BIN.

Looks like a squirly one.

It's hidden at the bottom..

"Q: you mention a BIN price but I do not see one?

A: BIN- 20th- 1999, 10th, 1799, Millennium- 1599, H550, 1799. All may be viewed on Dallas kraigs list also."

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...?showtopic=7777

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...;hl=anniversary

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...?showtopic=7782

It's hidden at the bottom..

"Q: you mention a BIN price but I do not see one?

A: BIN- 20th- 1999, 10th, 1799, Millennium- 1599, H550, 1799. All may be viewed on Dallas kraigs list also."

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...?showtopic=7777

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...;hl=anniversary

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...?showtopic=7782

I was the one that asked!

I was the one that asked!

Oh , I see.

Ebay would not appreciate that he brings up the craigslist, I bet...... Kind of a way to try and skip ebay fees.

But that 140 is reallllly sweeet .

I see now that he does say that the BIN has to be met...hmm ?

ok... BIN has to be met, but there is no BIN? I see both 1799 and 1599 for the H140. So what's gonna happen, he'll just pull the auction before it ends? That's a pretty slimey way to save on listing fees because he doesn't want to pay the bin.

I want an H140, but not that badly. I don't think i'll be placing anymore bids on it, now that this BS is apparent. I half want to report this guy to ebay now.

ok... BIN has to be met, but there is no BIN? I see both 1799 and 1599 for the H140. So what's gonna happen, he'll just pull the auction before it ends? That's a pretty slimey way to save on listing fees because he doesn't want to pay the bin.

I want an H140, but not that badly. I don't think i'll be placing anymore bids on it, now that this BS is apparent. I half want to report this guy to ebay now.

what happens if the auction actually ends. at lets say 750.00 is he compelled to sell?

I mean if the auction runs it course, not ends early, is he obliged to sell for less than the non existent BIN?
only if it ends. He'll probably just say that "item is no longer available for sale" before the auction ends. I've seen it a lot of times when someone has stuff listed multiple places like CL, TGP, etc. heck I saw one guy over on the Gibson forum who had a guy tell him that he found a crack on the guitar, refunded the guys money and all.

then he relists it two weeks later at a higher price because he found out it was a "limitted run" guitar. Apparently the crack was just some dirt on the sg neck joint.

So, my guess would be the seller is simply cheap. you have to pay extra for BIN and reserve fees. They're probably just gauging the market and will end the auction if the price isn't met.

and trust me... especially on the H 140, it won't be. They do not have nearly the resale power as the H150's do, regardless of year and options.

I can't remember. Ive never had to pull an auction, or been part of an auction that has been pulled.

Right now I'm just trying not to think about guitars. Credit card bills came today... got hit for the H150CM and the TSL122. Looks like this I'll have to sit out on.

I DID however just get some touchup supplies from stewmac to get rid of the stand rash on two guitars, and to get rid of the tuner screw holes and chips/dings on my H150CM. I'll let you guys know how the micromesh stuff works out. Also got some lacquer touchup pens, one in clear, and one in tobacco brown for the H150, which is actually dark brown on the back, not black.

i think it is ebay policy that you cannot end it with less than 12 hours or less than 8 hours left?

Oh , I didn't know that . I've seen lots of them pulled, but hadn't really paid attention to time left.

Yeah, he will have to pull 'em if he doesn't want to sell.

And that 140 is pretty cool. Hollow traps and a nice top.

I agree, but at .... 5 hours left.. ;)

Ebay changed the rules for sellers and you can't end an auction when it gets 12 hours or closer to the end. I remember in the old days sellers ending auctions with a minute or two left if they didn't like where the price was at. Don't know if it's a good thing or not but I agree with Brent that he'll end the auction early if he doen't get his price.

Archived