Heritage Owners Club

Lack of dealers in your area? I can help!

Orangepicker

I happened to pick up on the discussion this morning over the H tailpiece and the discussion has moved to one over a lack of dealers in certain areas of the U.S. I thought I would open this up and ask everyone for their thoughts on this topic and ask a few questions. First off let me state who I am for those that don't know me. I am Dennis Weaver, owner of Big Orange Guitar. I have been a Heritage dealer in the state of Florida for 8 years. Recently I have moved into a new area of working for Heritage Guitar Inc. I am the dealer sales rep for the states of Florida, Georgia, and North and South Carolina. When I took this on I became amazed right away that there are only 2 dealers in the Georgia and they are both in Atlanta. Also in the Carolinas we have 2 dealers listed but neither of them stock any of our instruments.

I guess what I would like to know is this:

Heritage Owners Club members are the best source to tell me where we need dealers and who those dealers should be. I would be interested in any info you can give me on shops in your area that you like and where you would like to see Heritage guitars sold. So: Do you have a favorite shop in your area? One that has good service, treats the customers right. Is a place you enjoy going an feel comfortable spending time there? Then I want to know about them. I value your input as Heritage customers and enthusiasts and I want to see that our guitars are in the right shops for you.

Give me some suggestions and I will do my best to try and get Heritage instruments in your area. Again I am the rep for FL.GA.NC & SC but If you are in a different area I will see that Heritage gets your suggestions and contacts their rep in your area. You can always contact me direct at 386-690-8135 or e-mail me at heritageguitarsrep@gmail.com

Thank You,

Dennis Weaver

Well, one way that you could help is....

let's see a bigger pic of that Millie that's your avatar.....

BTW... It's great that you're spreading the word about Heritage...

OH Fred (good idea!!!) :icon_study:

We're fortunate to have two dealers in the KCMO area, altho' only one is currently carrying inventory. Plus, East, across the state we have two more. And another just down the KS line a hitch.

So can we assume that this is the sales rep model that Heritage has adopted since Lane left the fold? Regional Reps, made up of shop owners from their respective areas? Not a bad idea. Or is BOG unique?

There are no dealers in West Virginia as far as I know..i think there's one in the Akron Canton area of Ohio though..(about 2 hours north of where I live)..I got lucky and found my H-140cm used in a store across the river in Marietta.. Don't Bring any dealers near me though..I'm Broke.. :icon_study:

I'm in NC about 30 minutes south of Raleigh. Raleigh has the "usual suspects"; Sam Ash and Guitar Center along with over priced Fat Sound in Cary,NC. I happen to like Harry's Guitar Shop on Glenwood Ave in Raleigh and would like to see them become a Heritage dealer. It's small and personal with a no pressure attitude. There's also a shop called Indoor Storm that carries some top shelf amps and custom guitars like; Top Hat, Carr, Briggs and McInturff. A bit expensive also.

OH Fred (good idea!!!) :D

We're fortunate to have two dealers in the KCMO area, altho' only one is currently carrying inventory. Plus, East, across the state we have two more. And another just down the KS line a hitch.

So can we assume that this is the sales rep model that Heritage has adopted since Lane left the fold? Regional Reps, made up of shop owners from their respective areas? Not a bad idea. Or is BOG unique?

Actually I don't know of another rep who is or was a Heritage dealer. Most of the reps represent products from other companies as well. I am sure that some dealers may see this as a conflict of interest so I may have to stop stocking Heritage guitars soon. Over the last few years my specialty has been vintage guitars. I have been told by several different people that I would be the ideal rep as I really believe in this company and the products they build. I am trying to get the company to have a presence at the Dallas Guitar Show that is coming up. I am trying to help as best I can with marketing this company. Let's see if I can find a couple more pictures of my H-155.

post-1849-1268163904_thumb.jpg

post-1849-1268164025_thumb.jpg

post-1849-1268163980_thumb.jpg

Dennis,

I'm in Atlanta and had no idea we had any dealers. I did see a 150 and 575 at Wallace Reed's North of town but he said they were on loan /display from Wolfs.

Atl lost Midtown Music a fews months back after over 20 years in business but right now Atlanta Discount Music (since 1978) /Maple Street Guitars / Music Ken Stanton Music and Boutique Guitar Exchange might be a good match.

Barry worked at Guitar Denter and could give you a good idea how brainwashed local musicians are concerning brand identy. There was a great little jazz guitar place called Dreamcatchers that closed down a few years back and one HOC member got a fine Sweet 16 there.

My 137 and 150 came from Wolfe. I can't remember where I got my 155 and custom Prospect with P90s from.. might have been Florida.

There are no dealers in West Virginia as far as I know..i think there's one in the Akron Canton area of Ohio though..(about 2 hours north of where I live)..I got lucky and found my H-140cm used in a store across the river in Marietta.. Don't Bring any dealers near me though..I'm Broke.. B)

I used to go to the Akron area 2-3 times a year. My parents have a farm in western PA. I have Lay's Guitar Shop in Akron do a lot of work on vintage pieces for me. I have 2 guitars there right now. I have spent a lot of time in that area and around Youngstown. I can understand the economy is hurting everyone at this time. Florida is just as bad. Everyone is struggling.

Dennis,

I'm in Atlanta and had no idea we had any dealers. I did see a 150 and 575 at Wallace Reed's North of town but he said they were on loan /display from Wolfs.

Atl lost Midtown Music a fews months back after over 20 years in business but right now Atlanta Discount Music (since 1978) /Maple Street Guitars / Music Ken Stanton Music and Boutique Guitar Exchange might be a good match.

Barry worked at Guitar Denter and could give you a good idea how brainwashed local musicians are concerning brand identy. There was a great little jazz guitar place called Dreamcatchers that closed down a few years back and one HOC member got a fine Sweet 16 there.

My 137 and 150 came from Wolfe. I can't remember where I got my 155 and custom Prospect with P90s from.. might have been Florida.

Atlanta Discount Music is a dealer and they are currently waiting for a thick body H-555 with Bigsby and nickel hardware, and a set of 25th Anniversary Models, an H-150 & H-535

Earthshaking Music is also listed as a dealer but I don't know if they have anything in stock. If anyone is in Savannah they should tell Tyler at AMR Music to pick up the line, I have know him for a while but he is dragging his feet!

Thank you for the info on other stores, I will look into it!

I used to go to the Akron area 2-3 times a year. My parents have a farm in western PA. I have Lay's Guitar Shop in Akron do a lot of work on vintage pieces for me. I have 2 guitars there right now. I have spent a lot of time in that area and around Youngstown. I can understand the economy is hurting everyone at this time. Florida is just as bad. Everyone is struggling.

that was really just my twisted sense of humor..It would be great to have a Heritage dealer nearby..Sometimes I feel like the Lone Ranger ya know what I mean? I get the "Oh that's a Les Paul Knockoff" comments a lot..really chaps my hide sometimes..But Sometimes, after they hear it they go, "Wow! Can I play that thing?" that really makes me smile. :D

In the Washington DC area, we have Classic Axe and Foxes Music, both in Northern Virginia.

Foxes Music is centrally located in Falls Church and had a great selection of Heritages the last time I checked. The guitar guy there loves Heritage and has really made a commitment. Their problem is visibility in an area dominated by Guitar Center and Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center. I believe Chuck's used to be a Heritage dealer but dropped them years ago for some reason.

Classic Axe used to carry more Heritages than they do now, since they moved from Centreville to Gainesville, which is in the far outer suburbs of Washington. In fact, it's so far away that I never go there anymore. Their website indicates they have a few Heritages in stock at the moment, but since the move the store seems to have shifted away from boutique gear to more of the typical suburban store that sells lots of low-end stuff to beginners and parents etc.

I don't know of any dealers in suburban Maryland, which should be a fairly rich territory. The problem may be that Md. doesn't have as many stores, and most I know of carry Gibson. I'm not as up on the independent stores in Baltimore, other than Bill's Music (a Gibson dealer). If there's a boutique dealer there that sells new instruments, I'm unfamiliar with them.

I'm in NC about 30 minutes south of Raleigh. Raleigh has the "usual suspects"; Sam Ash and Guitar Center along with over priced Fat Sound in Cary,NC. I happen to like Harry's Guitar Shop on Glenwood Ave in Raleigh and would like to see them become a Heritage dealer. It's small and personal with a no pressure attitude. There's also a shop called Indoor Storm that carries some top shelf amps and custom guitars like; Top Hat, Carr, Briggs and McInturff. A bit expensive also.

Thank you so much for the leads, I will be in touch with them and we'll see if we can make it happen!

Thanks,

Dennis

In the Washington DC area, we have Classic Axe and Foxes Music, both in Northern Virginia.

Foxes Music is centrally located in Falls Church and had a great selection of Heritages the last time I checked. The guitar guy there loves Heritage and has really made a commitment. Their problem is visibility in an area dominated by Guitar Center and Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center. I believe Chuck's used to be a Heritage dealer but dropped them years ago for some reason.

Classic Axe used to carry more Heritages than they do now, since they moved from Centreville to Gainesville, which is in the far outer suburbs of Washington. In fact, it's so far away that I never go there anymore. Their website indicates they have a few Heritages in stock at the moment, but since the move the store seems to have shifted away from boutique gear to more of the typical suburban store that sells lots of low-end stuff to beginners and parents etc.

I don't know of any dealers in suburban Maryland, which should be a fairly rich territory. The problem may be that Md. doesn't have as many stores, and most I know of carry Gibson. I'm not as up on the independent stores in Baltimore, other than Bill's Music (a Gibson dealer). If there's a boutique dealer there that sells new instruments, I'm unfamiliar with them.

Thank You Pro-Fusion, I have seen a lot of stores opting to selling less expensive products as everyone has been tightening their belts. For being a low production, high quality manufacturer, Heritage guitars are are a definite value in the marketplace. It is understandable that it is harder right now for many stores to stock a high number of instruments. During this time we will continue to chug along at a little slower pace but nonetheless being relentless in climbing the hill!

I'm in the panhandle, and I think you and Wolfe are the closest dealers for me. It would take a day's road trip to see you guys.

I would like to open a dealer in the Tallahassee area, also Pensacola, and Jacksonville. Any ideas?

I can't think of any HEritage dealers...um...in this country! I'm sure there's gotta be at least one, but seriously. There's a big European market that goes largely untapped and we'd welcome a dealer just abotu anywhere (so long as it's not in Denmark Street....if one of those stores stocked Heritages they'd be affordable only to lawyers and doctors)

Thank You Pro-Fusion, I have seen a lot of stores opting to selling less expensive products as everyone has been tightening their belts. For being a low production, high quality manufacturer, Heritage guitars are are a definite value in the marketplace. It is understandable that it is harder right now for many stores to stock a high number of instruments. During this time we will continue to chug along at a little slower pace but nonetheless being relentless in climbing the hill!

I'd love to see Action Music carry Heritage, but they are also in Falls Church and no more than a couple miles away from Foxes Music. Action is a great boutique store but sells mostly used instruments. They nabbed the local Gibson Custom Shop franchise away from Guitar Center for awhile, but I haven't seen any new ones in there lately, so many they dropped them or got dropped.

I can't think of any HEritage dealers...um...in this country! I'm sure there's gotta be at least one, but seriously. There's a big European market that goes largely untapped and we'd welcome a dealer just abotu anywhere (so long as it's not in Denmark Street....if one of those stores stocked Heritages they'd be affordable only to lawyers and doctors)

As far as I know there is a Heritage dealer in Bristol and also one in the Newcastle area.

Dennis,

I purchased 4 Heritage guitars in the late 80's from Wallace Reed Music. Great guy. I do not know if he still carries any Heritage in stock anymore.

Allan

post-224-1268171771_thumb.jpg

I would like to open a dealer in the Tallahassee area, also Pensacola, and Jacksonville. Any ideas?

I have family on the Florida gulf coast; a sister in Pt. Charlotte, my parents in North Port and another sister in Naples. There's a store in Naples, on Rt 41, called Morning Star Music. That would be a good place to check out.

Pensacola would be great. There's a couple M&P stores, but they carry the usual Gibson/Fender stuff, as well as the cheap imported stuff. Oh, they also have Guitar Denter...

Heck, if you open up a store in my neck of the woods (Okaloosa county), I'll even work there for ya! (Part time, of course). :D

Dennis

Good to have you aboard! I'm pretty well fixed, as Steilberg in Louisville is about 3 miles from my home. However, I also travel around through Va, NC, SC and TN. Along the way, I've stopped at a lot of music stores ( part of a medical condition called G.A.S).

Last fall, I stopped at LA Guitar Factory in Concord. He's listed as a dealer and according to his website, he can do special orders. He hand makes guitars there, some pretty interesting and unusual designs. It wasn't a "traditional" store by any stretch. Unless you found him on the web, or happened to drive by and stop, you probably would never know they sell Heritage.

I go to Spartanburg SC monthly but never made it to Palmetto in nearby Greenville. They appear to be a drum manufacturer. There are other music stores in the area that I have visited. Blvd Music in Boiling Springs has a good shop. He got mostly mid priced stuff, Hamer imports, Seagull, etc. He also does vintage stuff. I've talked to him several times. Hames is the local "superstore" in Gaffney... they carry all the usual suspects (Fender Gibson, Martin, Ibanez, Jackson), along with drums PAs, recording stuff.

Not in your territory, but I've also stopped by Paradise Music in Clinton TN north on Knoxville. Its a nice little shop, never bought anything there. He's also a G&L and Hagstrom Dealer. Its be a couple of years since I've been there.

Good luck. Having a group of good dealers is the key to keeping Heritage healthy.

Archived