Heritage Owners Club

Heritage get-together & Clinic w/David Becker, 4/30 in San Jose

rjsanders

stopped by C.B. Perkins yesterday & picked up this handout:

CBP%20Heritage%20Clinic.jpg

also, they'd just gotten in a killer Golden Eagle, antique natural. my first grab at one & it was a pleasure :D

my bring-alongs: Milliennium DC (first one made, NAMM guitar), H-137, H-157 Goldtop & Heritage Victory head (first one made & Paul Cochrane's personal favorite). A friend is bringing his H-137 w/Bigsby.

David Becker's website is here. Gregg De Lorto's website is here. i'm told he's planning on bringing (at least) an H-525. am hoping to see & hear all your guits, too.

Disclosures/-claimers: N/A, just a customer & fan of a great little shop

Interesting. Didn't know Heritage was sponsoring clinics. Good move! And kudos to Perkins and Becker for getting this going. Maybe we'll see something like this in other Heritage cities.

• 2 weeks later...
Have fun at the clinic Jeff, play a few chords for me!!! I'm sure you will have a report after?

p-shah! with Kent & Josh Perkins + Gregg De L. & David Becker there, i'll be doing some seriously listening!

(will have *some* kind of report sometime this weekend, tho')

Darn it, I wish I could join he fun.

Work comes first however.

Tell us about it afterwards.

Tim

will do. Erick called yesterday to say he's got a good list of attendees. hope they all bring guits! he also got in the new Valvetrain Trenton (16 or 6w combo), so that'll be fun, too

scribbling a few notes before i forget, while waiting on pix...

- seminar/get-together went from about 7pm 'il 9:30 and then some. it was very archtop-oriented. apx. 15-20 people, varying, through the course of the evening.

- Gregg De Lorto gave a talk on Heritage history and anecdotes, brought his signature Golden Eagle, another GE, and a super Super Kenny Burrell, demoing his with a couple tunes and answering questions.

- local jazzer Martini Max played a couple tunes with his archtop

- Josh Perkins played his stunning custom Sweet 16 acoustic non-cutaway (based on the early L-5s) with his brother Erick on double bass

- David Becker brought his 21yo H-575 w/piezo bridge p'up & humbucking neck, demonstrating his triadic system of improvisation both solo and with a local bassist. the bulk of the evening was spent with David who solicited questions and demo'd his concepts, regaling us with tales of Joe Diorio and the last album Joe cut, which was a collaboration with David.

Gregg's fiancee', Sharon, took a ton of pix and got my card, promising to send me them for posting here. so, i'm waiting on that. i made sure everyone knew about HOC and encouraged all to climb aboard.

Gregg & David & others stayed behind 'til late (i left around 9:45 or after) answering questions and all attendees got a chance to try the guitars brought.

time well spent

:D

Sounds like a great time was had by all, spreading the gospel as it were!!! Great report Jeff. Looking forward to the pictures. I was wondering what you thought of the Valvetrain? Since most were jazzers, they probably didn't turn it up and stomp on it I would think.

Sounds like a great time was had by all, spreading the gospel as it were!!! Great report Jeff. Looking forward to the pictures. I was wondering what you thought of the Valvetrain? Since most were jazzers, they probably didn't turn it up and stomp on it I would think.

just so (re Valvetrain Trenton). Gregg brought his Heritage KB combo & that was sounding pretty good, too :D

Archived