Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Sweet 16 "Custom" guitar. A little help, please!

SteveHoffman

Guest HRB853370

It is a bit strange, isn't it?

A welcome strange but strange. I spend most of my time here. Great info and you don't have to feel weird about asking questions or stating your opinion. People will certainly rebut, but it is almost always done in a very respectful manner.

The few times I have seen it get a little tense, apologies have been delivered.

I guess it helps that this forum isn't overrun by 17 year olds who think hurling a obscenity-laced insult equals a good point as is most other forums I have been to. That is where you see it get really, really rediculous.

The other thing that seems to really run other forums aground is an extreme dominance of a point of view and complete lack of tolerance of other points of view with regards to the forum's overall topic or related topics. Also, at times, exacerbated by the point above about 17 year olds.

Here, you have a happy marriage of music lovers and instrument lovers. Some have a lean one way or the other but have respect for the direction they lean away from. Rather nice.

The final thing I have seen just ruin a good forum is politics. I have seen that ugly head pop in here a couple of times... but it was rather soundly ignored and it went away.

biggrin.gif

Anways... I have hijacked this thread long enough. biggrin.gif

Killer guitar. wink.gif

Now that your done, can we talk about the upcoming elections?

:icon_shaking::icon_silent:

A welcome strange but strange. I spend most of my time here. Great info and you don't have to feel weird about asking questions or stating your opinion. People will certainly rebut, but it is almost always done in a very respectful manner.

I guess it helps that this forum isn't overrun by 17 year olds who think hurling a obscenity-laced insult equals a good point as is most other forums I have been to. That is where you see it get really, really rediculous.

The other thing that seems to really run other forums aground is an extreme dominance of a point of view and complete lack of tolerance of other points of view with regards to the forum's overall topic or related topics. Also, at times, exacerbated by the point above about 17 year olds.

Here, you have a happy marriage of music lovers and instrument lovers. Some have a lean one way or the other but have respect for the direction they lean away from. Rather nice.

The final thing I have seen just ruin a good forum is politics. I have seen that ugly head pop in here a couple of times... but it was rather soundly ignored and it went away.

biggrin.gif

Killer guitar. wink.gif

+1

Maybe we get along because instead of mostly 17 year olds hangin' out here, we have a bunch of 71 year olds!!!!! :icon_silent:

_DSC1901-Edit2.jpg

I don't have the above Sw16 anymore (sold it 3 years ago) and I don't have the orange one either.... sorry.

Last question on my Sweet 16, promise. I've looked at many pics of the Heritage Sweet 16, here and elsewhere on the 'Net and I've never seen one with a "traditional" style pickguard like mine. Mine was built (according to the serial number) in 2005. No pickguard offered by Heritage looks like mine. It's triple bound and quite lovely but factory installed. Any idea on the origin? You guys are the true experts... Thanks.

Last question on my Sweet 16, promise. I've looked at many pics of the Heritage Sweet 16, here and elsewhere on the 'Net and I've never seen one with a "traditional" style pickguard like mine. Mine was built (according to the serial number) in 2005. No pickguard offered by Heritage looks like mine. It's triple bound and quite lovely but factory installed. Any idea on the origin? You guys are the true experts... Thanks.

Wait, I spoke too soon. Just found this pic of a Sweet 16 that the Amp Shop here in LA is trying to sell. It seems to have a similar traditional guard like mine.. Maybe it's something that they don't even officially offer as an option or something..

post-2038-0-92778000-1337916339_thumb.jpg

biggrin.gif

Killer guitar. wink.gif

It's what makes this place feel like home Barry!

I only regret selling two guitars in my life (maybe regret is the wrong word, more like I miss them)..... one of those two guitars is my Heritage Sweet 16.

I believe the Sweet 16 and the 575 are the two best archtop models that Heritage makes!

Pics of my former Sweet 16 (now in good hands with "Tileman")

_DSC1899-Edit2.jpg

_DSC1901-Edit2.jpg

I had the factory install the HRW "4 point floating" humbucker and it was a HUGE improvement over the true floating jazz pickup it originally had. Kenny Burrell, Henry Johnson. Mimi Fox, and Vince Lewis have all gone this route as well.

Thanks for posting the picture, John. You may remember that I own this uitar now. Tileman sold it to me a while ago.

I consider this an acoustic guitar, and I play it almost exclusively unplugged.

I only regret selling two guitars in my life (maybe regret is the wrong word, more like I miss them)..... one of those two guitars is my Heritage Sweet 16.

I believe the Sweet 16 and the 575 are the two best archtop models that Heritage makes!

Pics of my former Sweet 16 (now in good hands with "Tileman")

_DSC1899-Edit2.jpg

_DSC1901-Edit2.jpg

I had the factory install the HRW "4 point floating" humbucker and it was a HUGE improvement over the true floating jazz pickup it originally had. Kenny Burrell, Henry Johnson. Mimi Fox, and Vince Lewis have all gone this route as well.

Thanks for posting the picture, John. You may remember that I own this guitar now. Tileman sold it to me a while ago.

I consider this an acoustic guitar, and I play it almost exclusively unplugged.

Archived