Heritage Owners Club

Question about my PUPs

GrandpaLarry

I recently bought a new H535 Custom with a "V" serial number. I guess it could be considered new old stock.

I know the pickups are not HRWs, but other than that I am not certain what they are. I was told they were stock Heritage and I'd guess that means they're Schallers. Is there any way to tell for certain.

Whatever they are I like them quite a bit. They have a mellowness that I find very easy to take for the music I play. There doesn't seem to be even a hint of harsh overtones.

I played a Millennium at the store equipped with HRW PUPs. I found the sound to be gorgeously articulate; almost three dimensional. That axe, however, was out of my price range. The ones on my 535 have grown on me, though. I now love their "cool" sound.

Any indications of what they are?

post-2024-1274207711_thumb.jpg

Look like Schallers to me.. 4 screws to aside..but I could be wrong..

Look like Schallers to me.. 4 screws to aside..but I could be wrong..
4 on each side? Of the pickup or of the guitar? :)

anyway, those are almost certainly schaller golden 50s. They are pro level top quality pickups, and are quite versatile. The HRW's are "improved" versions of the Golden 50's the have had "something" done to them that they won't discuss. Both of these pickups have two adjustment screws on each side of the pickup, so you can actually control the angle of the pickup top!

I have the Schallers on my 535, and I LOVE them:

535d.jpg

Sharp Catch there GPL!!! Congrat's

Are you guys saying that both the Schaller and the HRW are made by Heritage from Schaller components?

No. Schallers are made by Schaller. HRWs are Schallers modified by Ren. Rumor has it that Schaller modifies them now into HRWs.

Archived