Heritage Owners Club

H525 incident on ebay

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140415565978

The seller did not want to ship to Canada, so our member, Jazzaliscious, couldn't buy it. Here's the thread:

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...?showtopic=9030

I thought this was one of those few wrongs in life I could right, so I jumped in. Through several personal messages with the seller I offered to buy the 525 myself with PayPal if the seller would ship to ship it to Michael (Jazzaliscious). No go. Finally I suggested I would just buy the guitar, have it shipped to my office then ship it to Michael. That was okay with Michael. But I bid on the guitar just before the auction ended and found out the seller blocked me from bidding. That's never happened to me before. What a surprise! Anyway the guitar didn't sell.

WTF?

Guest mgoetting
Wow. He was serious. He doesn't like Canadians!

Man, I wouldn't have even mentioned what I was doing with it. ...cause once you buy it... it was none of his business.

I was trying two save double the shipping charge. Mike is new to ebay with only a couple of bids. I thought that the seller would accept my bid and ship it to Canada. I've done stuff like that before on ebay.

He just relisted it at $1400 with BIN at $1550. I bid $1500 about an hour ago before the first auction closed.

His loss.

Living in Michigan, we get used to Canadians. But they never get used to Yupers (Upper Peninsula folks). No one does!

Only those of us who live in Michigan are allowed to kid that way.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140415565978

The seller did not want to ship to Canada, so our member, Jazzaliscious, couldn't buy it. Here's the thread:

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...?showtopic=9030

I thought this was one of those few wrongs in life I could right, so I jumped in. Through several personal messages with the seller I offered to buy the 525 myself with PayPal if the seller would ship to ship it to Michael (Jazzaliscious). No go. Finally I suggested I would just buy the guitar, have it shipped to my office then ship it to Michael. That was okay with Michael. But I bid on the guitar just before the auction ended and found out the seller blocked me from bidding. That's never happened to me before. What a surprise! Anyway the guitar didn't sell.

WTF?

Saying he wouldn't ship to Canada and sticking to it is one thing, but blocking your bid? That's ridiculous. Doesn't sound like the kind of person I'd want to deal with...

It's easy to see where this all went wrong.

First a seller who specifically states that he will only ship within the U.S. is contacted and asked to do otherwise. No harm in trying but he reaffirms that he will not do so and probably thinks this will be respected.

Once he reiterates that he does not wish to ship outside of the U.S. he is contacted by another guy who says I would like to pay for that item but have you ship it to the guy you just said you would not ship to. Uh oh! ;)

Putting myself in the shoes of the seller, I would either think someone was running a scam on me or maybe I would be irked that my listing specifications and personal wishes were not being respected. Either way I'd be very unreceptive to further communication.

Selling on eBay is a risky business and I don't think it takes much to make a seller jumpy.

I know your heart was in the right place and I commend you for trying to help out your HOC brother! I don't think it's a big mystery or an anti Canadian conspiracy however lol.

People are weird and you just never know. I am interested in the 555 currently on eBay and have asked the seller 3 times how much it weighs and he simply will not respond to me. Maybe he hates Californians?! :thumbsup:

PayPal will provide seller protection if the item is shipped ONLY to the address on file for the account that is paying for it. Asking for it to be sent to a third party address is a big scam red flag. I am sure the seller knew he would lose all rights to fight a scam refund request if he sent it to any address other than that on file with PayPal. Verified/confirmed is there for a reason.

Guest mgoetting
PayPal will provide seller protection if the item is shipped ONLY to the address on file for the account that is paying for it. Asking for it to be sent to a third party address is a big scam red flag. I am sure the seller knew he would lose all rights to fight a scam refund request if he sent it to any address other than that on file with PayPal. Verified/confirmed is there for a reason.

None of this explains why he wouldn't sell it to me and send it to my verified PayPal address.

I have over 350 positive eBay transactions with a perfect record. Selling and shipping to my Michigan address is absolutely Kosher by eBay.

The seller made a mistake, for whatever reason.

None of this explains why he wouldn't sell it to me and send it to my verified PayPal address.

I have over 350 positive eBay transactions with a perfect record. Selling and shipping to my Michigan address is absolutely Kosher by eBay.

Um, now your starting to scare me..

you scared the seller, easy to do on e-bay

do yourself a favor and let it go...

It's not you..

I do have to agree with JP, tho. The seller set the terms. That is pretty much that. Then another bidder comes in saying he'd buy this guitar but just ship it to somewhere else. If I were a seller, that would throw up a red flag to me. I got burned on a deal about 5 years ago on a similar deal. For that reason alone, I will never do that again. He may have banned your account thinking it was this Canadian trying to pull a fast one. From that perspective, I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. He is protecting his property. I'd do the same. I can be an ass that way. :thumbsup:

Guest mgoetting
I do have to agree with JP, tho. The seller set the terms. That is pretty much that. Then another bidder comes in saying he'd buy this guitar but just ship it to somewhere else. If I were a seller, that would throw up a red flag to me. I got burned on a deal about 5 years ago on a similar deal. For that reason alone, I will never do that again. He may have banned your account thinking it was this Canadian trying to pull a fast one. From that perspective, I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. He is protecting his property. I'd do the same. I can be an ass that way. :thumbsup:

I'm starting to see the point there. I still can't excuse his not answering my message to him as to why he blocked me.

He didn't have to sell to me. And he didn't have to be polite. He exercised his liberties on both counts.

Hey Mark, I almost had to ship a guitar to Canada but they guy backed out. I was glad that he did because I would have needed to fill out a customs form of some sort. I was paranoid that shipping to a lawless country like Canada would have raised flags with Homeland Security. :o

I can't believe no one has mentioned the well known Canadian threat of global domination beginning with overthrowing the usa via eBay scams...it's all over the cyberinterwebnet... ;)

No, no, no...first they overthrow our health care system.. B)

No, no, no...first they overthrow our health care system.. :)

Okay....to clarify something....Mark got involved becaused I posted asking if anyone knew the seller. I very nicely asked the seller if he wouldn't mind shipping, as I am high profile selling very well know amps and guitars. I gave him my website, email, cell phone.

I also told him that if he still refused to sell out of USA that my cousin would receive the guitar for me.

I asked him a 3rd question about the state of the guitar (any issues/problems etc).

He just didn't have the decency to even reply to me!!

He could have been human about this, but he totally ignored me.

It's his right to want to ship where he wants, but there is a certain amount of respect and decency that I think we all would like to be shown in a matter like this.

If someone asks a question, whether or not they like the answer, be civilized and respond!

That's all I asked for, and Mark, in his generosity, was trying to help.

Had the seller just responded to my 3 questions, or any of my questions, Mark wouldn't have jumped in.

There wasn't any "red flags".

I just really wanted this guitar, was willing to pay for it, asked a question, and nowhere along the way did he act normally.

At this point.....

thanks Mark, but obviously I won't be going for this guy's guitar.

Mike

Hey Mark, I almost had to ship a guitar to Canada but they guy backed out. I was glad that he did because I would have needed to fill out a customs form of some sort. I was paranoid that shipping to a lawless country like Canada would have raised flags with Homeland Security. :)

Oh yeah...

shipping to Canada is not difficult by the way.

2 minutes of any paperwork is required to ship anything anywhere.

Mike

Oh yeah...

shipping to Canada is not difficult by the way.

2 minutes of any paperwork is required to ship anything anywhere.

Mike

i have shipped to Canada many times...its a breeze

I set up my own account with USPS. Basically type a few things in on the e-forms, print it out and it's done. Shipping to Canada is a breeze! I don't understand the reluctance, personally. Canadians are almost like us normal people, so whats the big deal? :P

Guest mgoetting
I set up my own account with USPS. Basically type a few things in on the e-forms, print it out and it's done. Shipping to Canada is a breeze! I don't understand the reluctance, personally. Canadians are almost like us normal people, so whats the big deal? :P

I half agree. Just leave the normal out. B)

Archived