Heritage Owners Club

H-150 joins the family

Blunote

I posted a topic in the "Family Tree" forum last week asking for input on finding a guitar for less than $700 that I could travel with. Thanks for your contributions. There were many very good suggestions and I checked out several.

As luck would have it, an H-150 in my price range came up for sale within driving distance of my home here in SE Michigan. I wasted no time skedaddling to Kalamazoo and purchased it on the spot. There's a few dings and nicks, but overall, the guitar is in very good condition. I even had it looked over by a technician at Elderly on my way home. He advised polishing frets and some minor setup. Otherwise, the instrument is solid.

I've attached some pics. In my view, it's about as basic an H-150 as you can get, but it plays easy, and most of all; it's a Heritage.

4731106483_6afb01e0c6_m.jpg

4731106749_90c35d5bcf_m.jpg

That's a pretty classy "travel guitar".

Have you got an amp that you will be taking on the trip? I often through my PodXT into an old computer case with a pair of headphones. It's a great way to pass the time when you're sitting in the hotel room (like I am right now).

A great choice...

I see Heritage guitars like that one on eBay sometimes and can't help but think that someone is going to get a real bargain on a quality handmade axe.

Is it a 150P ? or a Special ? or just a 150?

You will enjoy it no doubt ... great grab.

I'm not entirely sure what flavor it is. Feature wise, it resembles a 140. The lower bout is 13", the length is 17 1/4" like the H-150 spec, but the thickness at rim is 1 3/4", not 2" as specified on Heritages' web site.

That's a pretty classy "travel guitar".

Have you got an amp that you will be taking on the trip? I often through my PodXT into an old computer case with a pair of headphones. It's a great way to pass the time when you're sitting in the hotel room (like I am right now).

I have a Boss ME-25 I"m planning to take. I can plug it in to my guitar and computer and listen with headphones. The ME-25 can record direct to Sonar software running on the computer, but more importantly, I use Sonar to download drum and backing tracks.

My last contract was in Switzerland. I took an acoustic guitar for that one. I can't begin to estimate how much bar tab it saved me by giving me something interesting to do in the evenings and on weekends.

Then, last December, I bought a Heritage Millennium Std Ultra and have been obsessing with it since I returned home in April. I'm planning to take this 150P to Australia. If Australia is like Switzerland where American guitars are in high demand, I may sell it and use the proceeds to buy something else. But for now, it's enough that I have a quality instrument to take with me.

I admire your tenacity to trade a 150 for a 15yr old scotch.

You have chosen well...

Archived