Heritage Owners Club

New (to me) 535 coming up :)

H

Hi all,

I tried to sell my H-516 on the bay here in the UK earlier this year. No bites but after the third relist another bay user got in touch to say he'd buy it some £250 under my asking price. I politely declined and inserted the 516 back into the collection.

Fast forward a little and I bought a used OSB H-170CM from someone who had gone the bay route in Germany with no luck. I spotted the guitar (and a disguised ad for it) on youtube in a blues clip. Result - it's now mine.

Fast forward again and the guy who offered the reduced amount for my 516 is selling a few guitars and kit on the bay. One of the items was a '96 OSB H-535 - a natural sister for my H-170 B) I waited until he had relisted/reduced his price three times and then suggested a straight trade of my 516 for his 535. Result - the swap happens this Friday: he gets the 516 he wants and I get the 535 I want. Perfect :)

Sometimes life just works out, doesn't it? :)

That is a Brentworthy wheeling dealing trade you did right there!! Patience and more patience, something I sorely lack. So glad it all worked out. Pics much appreciated when you get the trade completed. And congrats and getting it all sorted. B)

That is a Brentworthy wheeling dealing trade you did right there!! Patience and more patience, something I sorely lack. So glad it all worked out. Pics much appreciated when you get the trade completed. And congrats and getting it all sorted. B)

Thanks :) Right place, right time and a willingness to suggest the unsuggestable played a big part in the trade :)

I'll put up pics once I've done my customary swapover of the Rotamatics to TonePros Klusons. The guy who currently owns it has already replaced the Schaller tailpiece/bridge with Gibson-alikes. My H-170 headstock is now looking very nice with the TP Kluson cream tulips on there; took a while to track them down in a gold finish but well worth it both for the look and the lighter headstock :)

Hi all,

I tried to sell my H-516 on the bay here in the UK earlier this year. No bites but after the third relist another bay user got in touch to say he'd buy it some £250 under my asking price. I politely declined and inserted the 516 back into the collection.

Fast forward a little and I bought a used OSB H-170CM from someone who had gone the bay route in Germany with no luck. I spotted the guitar (and a disguised ad for it) on youtube in a blues clip. Result - it's now mine.

Fast forward again and the guy who offered the reduced amount for my 516 is selling a few guitars and kit on the bay. One of the items was a '96 OSB H-535 - a natural sister for my H-170 B) I waited until he had relisted/reduced his price three times and then suggested a straight trade of my 516 for his 535. Result - the swap happens this Friday: he gets the 516 he wants and I get the 535 I want. Perfect :)

SWEET!!

Hi all,

That transaction gives new meaning to the phrase...'trade bait'!

Well done. ;)

Well, I'm sad to say that this trade never happened :thumbsup: The other guy starting making excuses about why he couldn't meet up and finally said he was 're-evaluating' the guitar. This after putting it on ebay for sale three times with no takers. I smelled more than a hint of BS in the air and told him the swap was off.

There'll be another OSB 535 in my life at some point I suppose - I just hope the next one doesn't have a huge a-hole like this one did.

I know what you mean... things just go sour sometimes and you are lucky to get out without some kind of a loss.

I had a guy buying a guitar from me and we negociated the price and then where to meet and when...

and then he decides to negociate the price some more...

I just told him that I am no longer interested and quit replying to his emails...

some people just aren't worth doing business with..

Archived