Heritage Owners Club

H-575 Mah / Spruce top 16"- What is this?

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

This is on the Heritage website as an example of which guitars come standard with HRWs. I don't know what this is.

I figure it's a 575 with a spruce top and at least one HRW. Does anyone know more?

This is on the Heritage website as an example of which guitars come standard with HRWs. I don't know what this is.

I figure it's a 575 with a spruce top and at least one HRW. Does anyone know more?

H-575 Mahogany body with Spruce top.

You don't see many of them since most go for a more traditional all Maple bodied 575 with two pickups.

This is a rather rare bird. I've seen 3 in as many years. I own 2 of them.

They come standard with mahogany neck, back, sides and a spruce top. I had a custom model built with a 5-piece maple neck - akin to the Eagles. This guitar's sound is about as close as I've found to a tender blend between acoustic and electric. In the music room it fufills my requirements for high-gain electric and clean amplified acoustic. In a band situation, it fits very well into the void left from single coil guitars.

There is a Gibson-tradition connection. Both 175's and L-4's shifted to Mahogany backs for a period beginning in the 70s, and, even though many saw it as a response to problems getting quality eastern maple, those mahogany guitars have followings (and I think have both been "reissued"), just as the mahogany-backed 575's and the Eagles with spruce tops have followings.

Never had a chance to play any of these guitars except a mahogany-backed 175, but I think they are a thoughtful tonal option, as Steiner describes. I'd love to have a chance to play a spruce-topped eagle.

Hi Mark.

That's the type of 575 that I own.

I ordered it in early 2007, and it came 20 months later, with issues (won't go into that now....posted all this when I received it in 2008) and returned it, and 4 months later I had my new one. Not without issues, but I fixed them, and now have a KEEPER. Very nice guitar. I love it. I find something more appealing about mahogany than maple. I preferred it over my Golden Eagle so much more that traded my GE for my PRS hollowbody.

Mellow tone, which I believe is due to the combination of mahogany/spruce/rosewood.

Mine has split block inlays, bound f-holes., antique natural finish, mahogany pickguard. Esssentially, a lot of custom additions.

They don't make them unless requested (as I understand). But they're worth it.!!!

Jazzalicious

Guest mgoetting
Hi Mark.

That's the type of 575 that I own.

I ordered it in early 2007, and it came 20 months later, with issues (won't go into that now....posted all this when I received it in 2008) and returned it, and 4 months later I had my new one. Not without issues, but I fixed them, and now have a KEEPER. Very nice guitar. I love it. I find something more appealing about mahogany than maple. I preferred it over my Golden Eagle so much more that traded my GE for my PRS hollowbody.

Mellow tone, which I believe is due to the combination of mahogany/spruce/rosewood.

Mine has split block inlays, bound f-holes., antique natural finish, mahogany pickguard. Esssentially, a lot of custom additions.

They don't make them unless requested (as I understand). But they're worth it.!!!

Jazzalicious

Mine's spruce with maple, mahogany neck, and rosewood fretboard. The pup floats. There's some other cosmetic tweaks as well.

I haven't heard the mahogany body version yet.

Mine's spruce with maple, mahogany neck, and rosewood fretboard. The pup floats. There's some other cosmetic tweaks as well.

I haven't heard the mahogany body version yet.

Yours sounds interesting. If you bring it to PSP III, I'll trade you spanks on my mahogany / spruce. It would be fun to compare the two. Then again, the PSPs are just that; Fun!

Archived